It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I’m a cop. If you don’t want to get hurt, don’t challenge me."

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
The cops right.

The only things you should say to a cop are:

Am I being detained?

Am I free to go?

I choose to remain silent.

If you say more than that to a cop then your digging your own hole.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: XTexan
The cops right.

Am I being detained?

Am I free to go?

But I have the right to say whatever the fk I want without being shot or tased or even threatened.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

originally posted by: XTexan
The cops right.

Am I being detained?

Am I free to go?

But I have the right to say whatever the fk I want without being shot or tased or even threatened.

Do you have the freedom to? Yes, of course. But as with any other human on this planet it is not always in your own best interest to do so, right or wrong, thats life. And if you're speaking to a cop (which you shouldn't) ANYTHING you say or do can and will be used against you. Fight them in court with your lawyer, not on the street. And for the record I believe this cop should be removed from the force for his bit of free speech here.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Wow, I've never read so many naive, bombastic, ignorant,
know nothing, opinions that would only get laughs even in
the anarchist cook book, in all the time I've been on ATS.

Do any of you even have jobs? What if I came to your place
of work and just started ####en with you? Or if I was roof'n
your house try'n to keep the rain off your head. And you just
decided to come up the ladder and toss shingles off the roof?

Think'n I'll have to take your crap because I'm do'in a job for you?
How long do you think it would be before I nail gun your hands to
your ass and push you off the roof face first on to your own front lawn?

My Gawd these people have a job to do. If you don't want to become
part of their job description, then act like it. There's bad cops for sure,
so what? Why would anyone here, even want to treat a good cop like
crap? I know I wouldn't. But how in the hell can anyone, even entertain
the thought, of treating a bad cop like crap? Believe me children, face
first in dog crap, on your own front lawn, with your hands nailed to your
butt? Might be more preferable. But what do I know?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Think'n I'll have to take your crap because I'm do'in a job for you? How long do you think it would be before I nail gun your hands to your ass and push you off the roof face first on to your own front lawn?

now that makes for a funny visual....have you had your morning coffee yet ?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Yeah. Let's do this.

If any of you are white you are automatically racist because a white KKK member was.

If you're a woman you are obviously a golddigger and only married for money and to be taken care of.

If you're a man you rape women.

If you're straight you hate gays.

If you're gay you hate straight people.

If you have a cat you hate dogs.

Everyone fits in a little neat box, and people that share the same box all think and act the same.

STFU.

One idiot opinion doesn't mean crap.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Yup same here, they should just require that they record what they're doing while on duty the whole time. I don't care if it's paperwork or on the street. This will save us from a lot of the he said she said bull we get. Also if a cop get shot while on the line of duty we'd have a better chance at ID'ing the shooter.

All we'd have to do is pull up the video go yup that's how it went down or nope that's a lie.

We already have the tech for it, some place even already do it. Just have to put the regulation in for it. No tampering with the camera and is expected to maintain the camera with all other gear to the same degree. Faulty camera will be reported, if not the carrier will be punished.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
It is all about money,one person with enough money could walk down a line of riot police ANYWHERE and give every one of them better jobs on the spot and they would quit their JOBS on the spot,put down their guns and walk away from the mess,ON THE SPOT.

So if we want to stop the graft and problems simply give the Police better jobs , they are making a buck after all.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ObjectZero

Agreed completely. It's good for the politicians and businesses to make money on this around the nation. Pretty much everyone has some form of camera on them anyways, yet for some reason most police always want them turned off. Why is that?

There is no reason public servants everywhere (police included) should not wear google glasses to document their time while on duty. The people need accountability and representation of where their tax money goes. Were the people consented for their advice if they could buy the military equipment?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

one cannot become a citizen on patrol; (cop) without first being a citizen...all citizens have equal rights granted by the constitution.

Does having a badge and a gun make one a more valuable citizen; worthy of more honor and grace? Are cops so important that I don't matter in the grand scheme of things?

Is it written any place on the books that if I find a cop is breaking the law, isn't it my obligation as a citizen to arrest the perp?

Are the laws cops are breaking these days due to administrative policies, or are they all just rogue agents acting alone?

edit on (8/20/1414 by loveguy because: spelling grammar

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Philippines

I don;t see why they would be so upset by them. They help them as much as anyone else. It a quick way for them to back their case up and get out of hot water. Also people are less likely to shot any one while they're being filmed, people are also nice when being filmed. It's not like the video is going to an open broadcast, it just needs to be stored unless needed or requested.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
It is all about money,one person with enough money could walk down a line of riot police ANYWHERE and give every one of them better jobs on the spot and they would quit their JOBS on the spot,put down their guns and walk away from the mess,ON THE SPOT.

So if we want to stop the graft and problems simply give the Police better jobs , they are making a buck after all.

You have a point... but... What jobs out there offer the job security and retirement security like the police (and military)?

There are people who would quit their government job if they wanted to, and/or were qualified to. I don't think there are many security agencies out there that provide the same kind of benefits police service does. What other jobs are police qualified for? It really depends on the individual. For some, it's all they have.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ObjectZero
a reply to: Philippines

I don;t see why they would be so upset by them. They help them as much as anyone else. It a quick way for them to back their case up and get out of hot water. Also people are less likely to shot any one while they're being filmed, people are also nice when being filmed. It's not like the video is going to an open broadcast, it just needs to be stored unless needed or requested.

Yep. What is it that makes them different from us?

There are cameras on the streets everywhere. Cars and countless gadgets tagged with various tracking devices. Even the police cars (should) have cameras on them. As is the usual saying 'if you've got nothing to hide, you've got nothing to fear' - a cop doing his job should have nothing to hide at all.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
To the articles defense, I grew up in a place where if a cop pulled you over and asked to see your license the first thing out of people's mouth is " # you pig."And sarcastic answers to questions like "do you have anything in the trunk?" And they would reply "Dead babies" lol. Just stupid stuff like that but you have to think sometimes people are just like that and while the article may come off as harsh, I see his point of view
edit on 20-8-2014 by A1nth0ny because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2014 by A1nth0ny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
well, some of us may not agree with what he said but it is he who has experience as a policeman so I would say this is good PRACTICAL advice.

sometimes people don't know how to shut up for their own benefit and "live to fight another battle".
edit on 20America/Chicago08u27 by demus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

This cop must thing he's the most dangerous thing on the streets. He is not. That attitude endangers him and all of his fellow officers. He is telling people there is nothing they can do but accept abuse, and he thinks that empty threat is going to be the end of it. But we've all seen that every time these junior college certified street warriors go up against a smaller but equally armed force, they get spanked on television.

The North Hollywood shootout, Dorner, Tim McVeigh- just a few of the best known examples of thousands of people who eventually figured out that an escalation of violence beyond even what the police normally bring to bear will draw attention to your cause, scare the poop out of these would-be tough guys, and give you an opportunity to escape if you play your cards right.

I'd rather not live in a country that has that kind of violence playing out in the streets. Dorner was just up the mountain- I could have come to his aid in an hour- and god knows part of me wanted to- but that's not me, that's not right, that's not what anybody sane wants. And there are A LOT of government trained killers like myself a hell of a lot handier with a weapon than his local junior college police academy is training his men to be, who so far are making the right decision. But keep pushing us- make us feel like George Washington would be on our side- and then see what happens. We're not there yet, and there's no guarantee we will get there even on this trajectory- I can't stress just how much this post is about my desire for there NOT to be violence.

But how freaking stupid do you have to be to issue an open challenge to a nation like America?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Its time to go to war with the cops until they respect and fear the people they supposedly serve. This countries peoples have been too nice and respectful of authority.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

As with everything in life, it comes down to respect. The overwhelming majority of LEOs in America ARE good people and good officers. But, as with good-versus-bad news on TV, you rarely hear a big deal made about awesome things LEOs do while on the clock, only the negative ones.

Respect them for being willing to do a job that most wouldn't do (out of fear, inability, whatever), but remember that they are human. Yes, they are (supposedly) trained to deal with stressful situations and handle them better than the average person, but they are still people. Expecting them to perpetually take and shrug off utter verbal and physical abuse at the hands of those they're trying to serve and protect is a ridiculous expectation. They should be better at it than I would be, but at some point, the person of authority needs to smack the mouth breathers back into reality.

We live in a society where any sort of assertion of authority is looked at with a skeptical eye--teachers, parents, government, etc. It's too easy to just jump to conclusions without thinking, and that's what many people tend to do these days, both LEOs and citizens. If people would just stop, breathe, and think, life would be so much easier to live with.

All that said, this cop who wrote the op-ed seems to be a douche on a power trip. I'm sure many of us could school him on citizens' rights--maybe he should just shut up and listen.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Here is the solution (or at least my recommendation):

1. Do what is requested of you by the police, and stay polite and calm.

2. If you think you have been abused or harmed by the police, make careful notes, and call a lawyer after the fact.

3. If you can't get a lawyer to represent you, or you can't get a jury of your peers to agree with you, then you are probably out of line with the rest of society.

4. Don't give up -- you might actually be correct, and deserving of some compensation. But also, consider you might be overly sensitive and not really have any reasonable case.

There are a lot of lawyers that love to litigate cases against local police -- IF you actually have a case. But you need to make the case -- and if you don't think it is worth contacting a lawyer then you probably aren't deserving of any compensation -- life is a constant fight for justice.

edit on 20-8-2014 by Axial Leader because: Formatting

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: The Vagabond

This cop must thing he's the most dangerous thing on the streets. He is not. That attitude endangers him and all of his fellow officers. He is telling people there is nothing they can do but accept abuse, and he thinks that empty threat is going to be the end of it. But we've all seen that every time these junior college certified street warriors go up against a smaller but equally armed force, they get spanked on television.

The North Hollywood shootout, Dorner, Tim McVeigh- just a few of the best known examples of thousands of people who eventually figured out that an escalation of violence beyond even what the police normally bring to bear will draw attention to your cause, scare the poop out of these would-be tough guys, and give you an opportunity to escape if you play your cards right.

I'd rather not live in a country that has that kind of violence playing out in the streets. Dorner was just up the mountain- I could have come to his aid in an hour- and god knows part of me wanted to- but that's not me, that's not right, that's not what anybody sane wants. And there are A LOT of government trained killers like myself a hell of a lot handier with a weapon than his local junior college police academy is training his men to be, who so far are making the right decision. But keep pushing us- make us feel like George Washington would be on our side- and then see what happens. We're not there yet, and there's no guarantee we will get there even on this trajectory- I can't stress just how much this post is about my desire for there NOT to be violence.

But how freaking stupid do you have to be to issue an open challenge to a nation like America?

It seems like LEO want a line drawn the sand now and forever. You either accept total domination by LE or you will be categorized as threat and open to abuse.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join