It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

problem posting (please a hand)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I cant post in any of the threads that talks about the Ferguson situation, eg. this one www.abovetopsecret.com... the reply button is vanished.The other threads are fine though.
I can't find anything on ats terms and condition, so maybe can you give me a hand with this?
thanks in advance

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Sorry cant help you, I've been to your thread link and everything is fine to me.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

I don't know why, i only can see "favourite unsubscribe alert" buttons the reply one is vanished. it's strange because the other forums are ok, only the ferguson threads are off limits for me.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Jabbah

Easiest solution is to use the reply button from one of the posts in the thread.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: kx12x

Yes , but would really like to know why i can't normally post in these specific threads while the others are fine.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I think that the Posse Comitatus Forum may be one of the forums where you have to have a specific amount of posts before you can post in it. I could be wrong so I won't swear to it. I think you need a minimum of 500 posts. Hopefully a mod will be along shortly to confirm or deny.

edit on 8/18/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Thanks for you reply, but i just checked and people with less than 200 posts are still contributing to the thread.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jabbah

Thanks for you reply, but i just checked and people with less than 200 posts are still contributing to the thread.

You are right... I didn't notice that. Can you reply to a specific post in that forum at all? Or are you blocked from posting all together??

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Yes i can only reply to a specific post, i can't post normally.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Only with Ferguson threads

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jabbah

Yes i can only reply to a specific post, i can't post normally.

I think you still need to have 500 posts. I think being able to reply to a specific post is a glitch someone didn't catch.

Check this thread out:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are mod replies on that one suggesting the same thing about post counts.

Again, I am not a mod and can't swear to this being the case. One should pop up anytime now and help you more. I hope you get it solved soon. If you have a thread you want to post, but can't you could probably post it in another forum then request that it be moved to posse comitatus.

You aren't banned as they do not ban people from single forums. Don't worry that you have done something that caused this.

ETA - That you could always try to clear your cookies, history, etc. and restart your browser (or try a another one) to make sure that it isn't a glitch on your end. I have had buttons disappear on me before and that solved it.
edit on 8/18/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Thank you for your reply, but i have already posted one message yersterday , and everything was ok, plus why people with only 160 posts can still contribute?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
now i tried to post in this new thread www.abovetopsecret.com... nothing, i can't
Anyone have any clues?
edit on Jpmbbpm04 by Jabbah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

In the new thread linked you should still be able to reply by replying to another poster. Is this option not available for you in the new thread ?

Penny

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: pennylemon
yes i can reply to other posts, but can't post by myself

edit on Jpmbbpm08 by Jabbah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Well then, the good news is that this is not a computer malfunction and after 500 posts I think it is, you will be able to post and create threads in this particular forum.

Penny

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: pennylemon

Thank you Penny

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

You are very welcome Jabbah

Penny

top topics

join