It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the difference between Jesus and all of the other gods?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: Tangerine

I will counter that, the oldest remaining record's from that time anywhere from that period that were not preserved by religious community's are the scroll's found burned to a cinder at the ruin's of herculaneum, though carbonized they are to some small degree recoverable using modern techniques but that is so painstaking it can take a year for a single scroll if they are lucky and there are thousand's of scroll's, but of course they are merely the town record's, then there are the nag hammadi scroll's and the dead sea scroll's which are from what were non christian sect's of judaism, they of course though not proven yet there is the suspected first century fragment of the gospel of the apostle mark.

Religions preserve there knowledge as it is sacred to them and to there scholar's, this make's it highly unlikely they would alter it though religious fraud in the west was fairly commonplace during the medieval period when every cathedral had to have a relic to bring the pilgrim's as it was a large money spinner, for over a thousand years the western church wallowed in corruption from the monk's to the pope himself, one of the Borgia popes saluted satan at the vatican alter for instance and the christian way was lost to those whom perverted it into a control and money making entity, they created the whole blasphemy of rule by divine right to manipulate the massed into forgetting that there only king as christian's was christ and even today in england we have a queen who is titular head of the anglican church (but wait a minute is not christ the head of the church).

Then there is the fact that the supposed fairy tale traditions have been borne out time and again when site's related to the biblical text's have been found.

If you just want to take a pop at christianity (For all I know you are a member of a competing faith and not an atheist) then you might just as well ignore the fact's because they do not fit your chosen reality.

But here is some interesting information,
www.christianitytoday.com...
www.reclaimingthemind.org...
ancienthistory.about.com...
www.ecclesia.org...

I am of course a christian but you did bring up Krishna, well have a look at this please.

As I expected, you couldn't respond to my question with any contemporaneous documentation proving that Jesus existed. That's because there isn't any. Piling on a lot of irrelevant stuff to distract attention from your failure to cite contemporaneous documentation isn't going to work with me. Just to be sure you understand, contemporaneous documentation refers to documentation produced while Jesus allegedly lived. It could be something as simple as one person having written to another, "I saw Jesus of Nazareth at the well today. He was wearing new sandals." If you could cite an additional, independent account of his existence, that would be evidence that he lived. The more independent accounts, the stronger the evidence. Of course, none of this would prove that he was a supernatural deity but let's start with the easiest thing to prove: that Jesus of the Bible actually lived.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
What's the difference between Jesus and lets say Zeus? What sets Jesus apart? Why should I believe Jesus exists but not Zeus or Neptune?
This is not aimed to offend anyone I'm just genuinely curious

I know that Jesus might have existed but I'm talking about the Christian god what sets him apart from the rest?

Colossians 1

The Supremacy of the Son of God

15The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join