It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sometimes I'm at a loss for words. Is there something wrong with that?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Well?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Even if you just type you're speechless, those are words.

Why are you speechless?
edit on 16-8-2014 by Iamthatbish because: predict a text totally winning

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ChefSlug

No. You just need to practice. Your mind is probably too busy to express what you're thinking. Try to be less spontaneous and measure the improvement. I know ... been there, done that.

Ever why there are so many dumb people in charge? It's because they're damn slow thinkers. LOL

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Nothing wrong with that from where I'm sitting.
I'm talkative on the 'net, yet rarely speak in the majority of real life situations.

So it goes.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Like General Eyes said there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. In real life situations I am horrible at small talk. I just do not see the point of it. Now if someone brings up something I am interested in, I will talk. So I am not antisocial. Its just way too few people I interact with outside of the internet ever bring up anything that interests me. They all talk about the same stuff over and over. And it all bores me to death. I have had to learn to fake it in certain situations. Like when in the presence of a significant others friends. So that people do not take offense. Which has happened in the past. And can cause problems in a relationship.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Drink six cups of coffee and we won't be able to shut you up.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Probably not.
There are great opportunities
for those who can keep their mouths shut.

edit on 16-8-2014 by Wildmanimal because: typo

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Nothing wrong with not talking, more people should try it.

Listening will get you further in life than talking by far.

Don't really understand why you made a post saying you have nothing to say......?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
That is why writing was invented.
So that the people who can jabber non-stop for half an hour without even stopping to breathe, let alone think, should not be able to dominate the world entirely.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Is it really that you are at a loss for words, or that what you would like to say you feel won't be well received or will be judged??
I think everyone has something to say, but as of late there are just too many with the need to say anything even if it has no substance or relevance.Is it better to hold your tongue? Who knows. Silence can speak far greater volumes than paragraphs of gibberish. Speak if you wish, or be silent if you wish..no matter what others think.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I think it is the onset of DEMENTIA

What was i saying again

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Happens to me all the time when I'm out in public....
Sometimes when I'm driving also, but most times I'm mentally doing a face palm...
What the heck are they thinking? Or.. what is wrong with people these days?!
Either I'm cussing like a sailor because of them or my jaw drops with disbelief.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Sometimes, all you can do is throw your hands up, and either bellow your inchoate rage at the sky, or put the old Whiskey Tango Foxtrot face on, and muddle through regardless.

Like tonight for example... I was getting ready to go to bed, and all of a sudden, I hear the crash of breaking glass, and the pitter patter of shards of glass hitting the floor. I scoop up my boots, my jacket, and head downstairs, to find that one of the businesses across the road has had its window smashed. I assumed the face at this point, and that face has remained with me since. After applying said face, I dealt with the police, got accosted in the street by friends of the person who probably did this, then swore expansively, and went the hell back to bed. Of course, I cannot sleep now!

top topics

join