It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukranian MP slamming kindergardenkids for having russian names

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Henassy

This extreme and accepted racism in Ukraine has not been covered by the media,
but it deserves to get some attention!

SO one crazy lady makes the whole government bad? And she doesn't speak for everyone so you can't include all of Ukraine under an umbrella statement.

You do understand all governments have one...The US just so happens to have one who's name is Nancy Pelosi.

Funny thing is nobody really pays attention to Pelozi, and that is probably the same thing with her.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
My comment is based on the OP's insinuation that it is wrong to want to maintain your nation's culture and heritage:

originally posted by: Henassy
This extreme and accepted racism in Ukraine has not been covered by the media,
but it deserves to get some attention!

Is it really extreme and accepted racism to not want your local culture to be whitewashed? And let's not forget that sometimes names are given to kids by parents that are in no way in the best interest of the child.

We've got examples ranging from kids named 'Apple', to 'Blanket', to 'Blue Ivy' and I'll bet you anything that by 3rd grade 'Blue Ivy' is called 'Blue Waffle' by EVERYONE.

I also have two great, local examples of this very thing happening in Smalltown, USA. At the college I went to there was a black girl. Her name was Dijon'aise. Her mother named her after dijon mustard and mayonnaise. I also knew a black guy named #head. I swear to god his mother named him #head, but pronounced it Shi-thed.

Now you tell me that those tow individuals weren't on the receiving end of a lifetime of taunts

new topics

<< 1   >>

join