It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Money withdrawn from accounts belonging to MH370 passengers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Mods: Please move this to a forum you think fits best

Money withdrawn from accounts belonging to MH370 passengers

The Mirror reports that accounts from four passengers were accessed from an ATM in Kuala Lumpur on July 18. A total of more than 111,000 Malaysian ringgit (AU$37,464) was withdrawn, bank authorities said.

Assistant Commissioner Izany Abdul Ghany from Kuala Lumpur police said they were investigating all angles, including the possibility that it was an insider job.

“We are getting CCTV footage from the bank to identify the suspects involved,” the Mirror reported him as saying.

Now I don't know how legit The Mirror & The Courier Mail are but if it is legit, I wonder what is going on here.

I'm not sure I believe the people are all dead, but I don't think we will ever know what really happened.
What are your thoughts?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: knoledgeispower

That is very interesting indeed! The article says there are suspects, and that the money had been transferred from three of the passengers bank accounts, in to a fourth passengers account by internet transfer. That is very strange.

Nearly $35,000 has been mysteriously withdrawn from four bank accounts belonging to victims of the doomed Malaysia Airlines Flight MH 370 that vanished more than five months ago, according to local reports.

The transactions are believed to have occurred sometime in July, long after all 227 passengers and 12 crew members disappeared during that fateful March 8 flight, The Straits Times reported.

The bank, said to be in Kuala Lumpur but not specifically named, first noticed the withdrawals on July 18, according to Kuala Lumpur's Senior Deputy Police Commissioner Tajuddin Md Isa.

Nearly $35G missing from bank accounts of Malaysia Flight MH 370 passengers: officials

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I'm going to go with;

A: The passengers and crew are all dead.
B: The missing money is evidence of theft / fraud.

I do agree though that we are unlikely to ever find out the truth about MH370.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Seems to be a case of fraud by a bank employee according to this source:

PUTRAJAYA: The main suspect, who allegedly withdrew RM111,000 from the bank accounts of four passengers of the missing Malaysia Airlines MH370 plane, has been identified by the police.

Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar said the suspect, who made the fraudulent withdrawals, is believed to be an employee of that bank.

It is believed that the money was illegally transferred by the employee and the withdrawals were done in stages over the past five months.

Source

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

edit on 15-8-2014 by thesmokingman because: redacted for stupidity

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The mirror is UK tabloid trash, like the Sun, the Daily Sport and so on....

I'm not saying there isn't any truth behind the story, but I would definitely recommend finding a better source before you believe any of it.

That being said, in the story it does say:

ACP Izany has not ruled out the possibility of an inside job at the bank, saying that police were "investigating all the angles".

And I reckon there is always the possibility of family members who have access to cards/accounts.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: UberL33t

Interesting, I have never seen that. It does make the most sense.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

That would make the most sense, especially when they say...

"We have identified the suspects involved and are gathering more evidence before we take further action," Datuk Tajuddin told reporters Thursday.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman
I read this a few days after the crash in the MSM believe it or not. At that time they were blaming the "rebels" for looting the crash victims because the scene was not secured for quite some time after the crash. Still cant wait until they identify these scumbags.

MH370, the one that vanished, not the one that was shot down

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

Thank you!! I am off to bed, been a long day. Sorry folks

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: knoledgeispowerjust my opinion - but it takes a special kind of idiot to attempt bank fraud from accounts associated with such a hi-profile case

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman
No worries, its their really fault for losing two planes in such quick succession

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
They now suspect a 32 year old bank-employee from Malaysia.

www.telegraaf.nl...
edit on 15-8-2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: knoledgeispowerjust my opinion - but it takes a special kind of idiot to attempt bank fraud from accounts associated with such a hi-profile case

I concur, I very special kind indeed

new topics

top topics

join