It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another 'Reimagining' of Battle Star Galactica.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Battlestar Galactica May Become a Movie. We’re Stoked (And Terrified)

So after a maybe-it-will-happen-maybe-it-won’t dance that made the possibility of a Battlestar Galactica film feel like the most frustrating kind of vaporware, it now looks like there might finally be a film version of the beloved space epic. Yay?

If this movie gets made, and in the land of Hollywood that is a big if.

The last thing of the Battle Star franchise was Blood, and Chrome. Which I liked more than Ron Moores series. That was hardly a 'reimagining' as some people liked to call it.

It was ripped straight out of the news headlines. Filled with politics and religion. Hell that deserve a topic in the PM forum by itself.

But I disgress.

Back in the driver seat is Glen Larson who created the original series. Which as a boy I loved. Which as a man Ron Moore absolutely crushed.

Having watched Transcendence the other night. It's pretty easy to see how this new 'reimagining' is going to go.

Variety also reports that the scribe attached to pen the screenplay for the new Battlestar is Jack Paglen. If you don’t know that name, you’re not alone. Paglen is hot right now because he wrote the forthcoming Johnny Depp flick Transcendence. But that’s it. (And, frankly, the guy-loads-self-into-computer thing of Transcendence really has us scratching our heads—also, one of our colleagues saw an early cut, and was not a fan.) Paglen is also signed on to write the Prometheus sequel, but other than that he has no other bona fides and little to no ties (maybe he’s a fan?) to the original stories.

If it makes it to the big screen I will watch it, but I am not holding my breath.

Another reimagining of a reimagined storyline of the original series!

Keep on the lookout hard to say when it will finally come out.

Just throwing this out there for the BSG fans.

PS for the record Battle Star Galactica in her heyday from Blood and Chrome was absolutely BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.

Viper Hanger!
edit on 14-8-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Does Hollyweird have nothing original in the works these days. I loved the new BSG, but it's done. It's over. Time to move on. Sheesh!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Don't get me wrong I loved BSG but how on earth would they pull this off? The scope of the story was just too big. Maybe they're thinking of subjecting us to another multi-year sequel ala LOTR style.

Think I'm with Klassified here. Time to move on and maybe have Hollywood try to come up with an original idea. Heck if they want to rip off some author's books even I've got a ton of suggestions.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Don't get me wrong I loved BSG but how on earth would they pull this off? The scope of the story was just too big. Maybe they're thinking of subjecting us to another multi-year sequel ala LOTR style.

They can't.

They should have stuck with the prequel angle like Blood and Chrome instead of killing it.

new topics

top topics

join