It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dressed for war- ferguson police

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lesott
a reply to: Thefarmer
I've seen better equipment at the paint-ball field. Nice picture though, if your goal is to criminalize "every" cop. I don't side with the cop in question or the young man who lost his life, until I know the facts. But if my job was to walk into an area with angry, Molotov throwing and adversarial crowds I just might want the best gear on earth too.

No you haven't that's just silly and no I'm not trying to criminalise 'every cop' I'm just showing pics I've seen on twitter of what looks like a paramilitary

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

I think its laughable for anyone to be worried about these cops in a real situation.

Do you see how they are always bunched together? Easy targets of opportunity.

Did you notice when they gassed that news crew? They come in with their armored vehicle and dismount but never noticed the news crew filming them just across the street? Those cops and their armored play toy were sitting ducks.

I don't know who trained these guys but I don't see a formidable enemy here. I see a bunch of easy targets playing military dress up.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Lesott

What paint ball field are you going to that they have more then fully auto weapons and full body armor?
Shoot I thought you got looked down on as wuss if you wear chest guards and what not on the paint ball field
I think you are trying to equate paint ball guns and pods to men with guns and body armor?
I would take a guess that is apples to oranges but I could be wrong.
Also what is the rule on a paintball field of some one walking with their arms up?
Unless it is different in league games, the fields I have played is that you let him walk out unmolested.
Not charge at him guns drawn.
But really it, I shouldn't be comparing what happens on a paint ball field to what is happening with cops and citizens not some game.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: subtopia

Statistically, rifles (let alone "assault rifles") constitute about 1% of gun deaths in America. So the firepower that usually threatens police (pistols) has not really changed.

I would posit that the government and the globalist elites that control them know that they are going to continue squeezing the middle class and the poor as far as they can as this country goes down the toilet due in part to China and India, and want a militarized police force at home to murder the people to keep control while the military proper is used overseas in resource grabs (as resources deplete) ala "Avatar".

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thefarmer

I've seen better equipment at the paint-ball field. Nice picture though, if your goal is to criminalize "every" cop. I don't side with the cop in question or the young man who lost his life, until I know the facts. But if my job was to walk into an area with angry, Molotov throwing and adversarial crowds I just might want the best gear on earth too.

No you haven't that's just silly and no I'm not trying to criminalise 'every cop' I'm just showing pics I've seen on twitter of what looks like a paramilitary

All I was saying is I would dress to survive the situation too. When I go Jet Skiing I wear a dry suit and a life jacket. Whooooaaaa! I'm a Navy Seal! I'm Paramilitary.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
And you know for sure that every person walking towards you with their hands held high have no means or ambition to do you harm? (That's a nice world.) I agree the paint-ball example was a bit offhanded but the reality is a whole lot of people including some here, like to call out law enforcement at the drop of the hat and without all the facts. Same people have someone taking advantage or attacking them...then it's "911" please help. Prejudgement is not good for either side. I'll be the first to condemn the cop, if it is like the protesters say but until then I think I'll just keep my level head and go on with my daily life.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldetimehockey4
I'm not all for the militarization of police EVERYWHERE, but you said it yourself, those people are looting everything, so why shouldn't the police protect themselves as much as possible? I'd be doing the same if I were there.

Are the MINORITY portion of the angry town doing who are doing the looting blasting away at the cops also? Or are they smashing in store windows with sticks and bricks, snatching stuff, and running off to stash it somewhere?

You really think armored tank trucks, and cops looking like they are assaulting a heavily guarded terrorist compound filled with armed, die-for-allah gunmen? Or would regular riot gear and a healthy amount of cops do good enough?

Also, do not discount provocateurs; it's past proven that they are in use by various governments to give them s reason for heavy handedness.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime

originally posted by: Expat888
With the rioting and looting going on along with the thugs doing the rioting and looting being armed ... consider it acceptable for order to be restored to the area ..

As far as people who aren't involved in the riots being in the middle of this, too bad, blame your fellow citizens you live around for ruining your day.

Great, and then the MAJORITY of the protesters, who are not destroying the place, gets a rubber bullet in the eyeball from 8 feet away, or a baton strike to the skull when simply standing around... or shot dead, then yeah, it's there fault. For peacefully protesting.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
That's what happens when you have parking lots full of Abrams tanks and Armored carriers rusting away that the pentagon said they didn't need but the congress insist that they got built anyway, everything can get put on the chopping block except military spending,so those surplus have to be used somewhere.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thefarmer

All I was saying is I would dress to survive the situation too. When I go Jet Skiing I wear a dry suit and a life jacket. Whooooaaaa! I'm a Navy Seal! I'm Paramilitary.

No you're a troll

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: xDeadcowx
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

What should they be doing?

It is clear you feel they are taking the wrong approach, so please explain the right approach.

Well...first of all, don't break the law, riot, destroy property, etc. It is illegal and is complete BS that stealing is somehow related to being angry. Second...wait for the investigation to be completed. Maybe the cop will be found guilty, put in jail, etc. just like a common criminal. That would be a civil reaction to all this. And don't get me wrong...I have no idea who is at fault. But I don't know, the same way no one knows. Until this is investigated...no one will. The animals rioting (not protesting) simply don't care. They just want to take advantage of the situation for their own personal benefit. Which...sad to say...is what usually happens it these types of communities. And often...only these types.

Just facts...not opinion. I hate no one but I will judge individual people's characters by their actions and motives. And in this case, and with the rioters...they just abusing the situation for their own purposes. In other words...they don't give a crap about this boy's life. They are opportunists.

Example: What IF it turns out the boy mouthed off or threatened the cop and then tried to grab his gun and kill the cop? What would happen if that turned out to be 100% true? Would these people that broke windows and stole TVs walk out into the community and rebuild everything, apologize and return the stolen items? BULL-CRAP! Therefore...they are full of it.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Basically boys with toys syndrome. I bet they do feel special. Tax money at work...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigman88

With the rioting and looting going on along with the thugs doing the rioting and looting being armed ... consider it acceptable for order to be restored to the area ..

As far as people who aren't involved in the riots being in the middle of this, too bad, blame your fellow citizens you live around for ruining your day.

Great, and then the MAJORITY of the protesters, who are not destroying the place, gets a rubber bullet in the eyeball from 8 feet away, or a baton strike to the skull when simply standing around... or shot dead, then yeah, it's there fault. For peacefully protesting.

More excuses and scenarios while your community ruins your living. Direct your anger at the cops instead of the people who live in your own community that make it impossible for you to protest peacefully. Makes perfect sense.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

More excuses and scenarios while your community ruins your living. Direct your anger at the cops instead of the people who live in your own community that make it impossible for you to protest peacefully. Makes perfect sense.

Your an idiot. You don't know where i live, or what my community i am a member of (your on the money though despite your ignorant assumptions, i am black in a predominantly Caribbean American town). It's either you think it okay for cops to bash in the heads of peaceful protesters just like they bash in the heads of thug rioters, or you want to believe that everyone in my community will riot and destroy.

Your too ignorant to understand that there are people in my community who have not succumbed to the psychological programming that has produced a violent community within this country, and that they know beet than to go around destroying things. You are also far reaching in your assumption that 90% of the black youth around my way don't have the balls or ignorance to go around destroying stores. And you don't want to realize that the adults will slap the sh*t out of there kids (Caribbeans, you know) if they even suspect there kids were doing that in the street, and that they will openly chastise anybody who does something like that.

You don't ant to know that like any neighborhood, black community's vary in their hardcore criminal population; some have a large number of shoot-your ass-dead-for staring thugs, others have a bunch of trash-talking knuckleheads who won't try sh*t, others have (SURPRISE!) people that do the same thing you do, go to school/work and stay out of trouble. Then you have a mix (like my area); a few thugs here, some knucklheads there, the rest go on about there life peacefully.

Got it?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Way to overreact OP.

People are shooting at police cars. What do you want the authority to do, walk around in shorts and flip flops giving out flowers?

The guy probably is working with the photographer to further an agenda. There is a certain culture in this country that is without respect for rules and authority because that's how they were brought up in their broken family households without positive male role models in their life.

Forethought? Not many people of that culture have it. What is that guy deaf or dumb? You don't get within 5 feet of cops without multiple warnings.
edit on 17-8-2014 by LooseLipsSinkShips because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Your an idiot. You don't know where i live, or what my community i am a member of (your on the money though despite your ignorant assumptions, i am black in a predominantly Caribbean American town). It's either you think it okay for cops to bash in the heads of peaceful protesters just like they bash in the heads of thug rioters, or you want to believe that everyone in my community will riot and destroy.

Your too ignorant to understand that there are people in my community who have not succumbed to the psychological programming that has produced a violent community within this country, and that they know beet than to go around destroying things. You are also far reaching in your assumption that 90% of the black youth around my way don't have the balls or ignorance to go around destroying stores. And you don't want to realize that the adults will slap the sh*t out of there kids (Caribbeans, you know) if they even suspect there kids were doing that in the street, and that they will openly chastise anybody who does something like that.

You don't ant to know that like any neighborhood, black community's vary in their hardcore criminal population; some have a large number of shoot-your ass-dead-for staring thugs, others have a bunch of trash-talking knuckleheads who won't try sh*t, others have (SURPRISE!) people that do the same thing you do, go to school/work and stay out of trouble. Then you have a mix (like my area); a few thugs here, some knucklheads there, the rest go on about there life peacefully.

Got it?

I stopped reading at "YOUR an idiot".
edit on 8/17/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime

I bet you didn't.

I apologize for the insult. But you slang ignorance at me, i couldn't help slinging it back.

It was not the right thing to do.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I bet you didn't.

I apologize for the insult. But you slang ignorance at me, i couldn't help slinging it back.

You don't have to apologize, bound to happen in a topic as sensitive as this.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   

I bet you didn't.

You don't have to apologize, bound to happen in a topic as sensitive as this.

Especially when someone assumes something they know nothing of (my community).

How about reading he rest of my post and evenly responding to it if you accept my apology. I will do the same with your post.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
It's been six days since I made my first comment on this thread regarding the event's in Ferguson.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have spent the last six days watching the events unfold further.
I must say I have some very strong observations regarding what I see going on.
I completely stick to my original prediction this is a martial law beta test, but what I've seen so far
makes me wonder what is really going on behind the beta.

I have yet to see one African American swat team member or police officer in the heart of this conflict.
(Anyone correct me on that if they have footage I haven't seen yet please.)

What I see is all white, a mix of a few beefed up juice monkeys, but mostly portly, unenthusiastic
white boys.
It seems to me that this scenario can only makes a bad situation worse.
What if someone else dies at the hands of these good old boys?

There's a good possibility that the next stage of the test will be another death.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join