It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Supersonic Nazi Rocket Concept Designed to Bomb Any City in 1 Hour

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I have not come across this one. But it would have been a terrifying weapon ,if it worked.

When WWII ended, American engineers examined a trove of Nazi concepts for rocket-powered weapons and airplanes. One of the most terrifying was Eugen Sänger's antipodal bomber, a manned supersonic plane designed to reach any city on Earth in one hour. Thank heavens it never worked.

gizmodo.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

Judging from some reading I did on this many years ago, the pilot would have likely been kiled by the G forces on launch.
It would have had to reach a speed of atleast 15,000 miles per hour to reach "any city in the world" in less than an hour.
This would mean an acceleration of over 10 Gs at take off. Resulting from "pilot soup" in the cockpit.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
A lot of dreaming big during the WW2. Many peoples lives depended on the creation of new weaponary. Good thing The Ruskis and the Yanks overpowered the Brilliant minds of the Third Reich

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: teamcommander

Wouldn't have been "pilot soup" but would have certainly blacked out without a G suit, and possibly sustained internal injuries from it.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Pilot soup? The toxic fuel used in the Me 163 could dissolve organic matter including the pilot.

T-stoff, concentrated hydrogen peroxide, is a powerful corrosive and the pilot pilot sat between two tanks of it.
“One pilot did get dissolved by T stoff flowing into the cockpit after the aircraft crashed on take-off and inverted

defensetech.org...

The volatile fuel could dissolve the flesh of pilots & ground crew in a matter of seconds. The pilot's flight suit, boots, underwear and gloves are made of a non-organic, nylon-like material. Clothing made of organic material like cotton would burst into flames on contact with the fuel.

www.plane-crazy.net...

Crazy Nazis. You'd have to be nuts to try to fly this thing.
edit on 11-8-2014 by JimTSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JimTSpock
That reminds me of a story I read once, I believe it was about the development of the rocket engines for the Bell X-1. They kept having explosions when they test the engines. Turns out that they were using a leather gasket in between two parts and it exploded when it made contact with the fuel. They switched it out for one made of synthetic rubber and all was well after that.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I am completely ignorant on this topic, so please forgive me if I am making a fool of myself. Couldn't they just launch at an acceptable speed and then increase speed to what's desired in order to make the time they claimed?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

I am completely ignorant on this topic, so please forgive me if I am making a fool of myself. Couldn't they just launch at an acceptable speed and then increase speed to what's desired in order to make the time they claimed?

Yes, sort of. That it known as an ICBM, with the slight problem for manned mission is that it is one-way.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Glassbender777

Yanks and Russkis, yeah, just them, nobody else. Wanker.
The throwaway nature of your remark serves to make it even more offensive.

edit on 13-8-2014 by waynos because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join