It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who are they really

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
there is all this talk about the "Camo Dudes" but who are they? i know they guard area 51, and i hear that they ar not a military branch, what's with that?

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
If they are not a military outfit, then they are "private sector" rent a cops. How ever I have never known military or government secrets to be guarded by civilians, unless it involves the CIA. Then anything could be possible, even a combination of all the above. If you really want to know, just call the Senate Intelligence Committee, they have their fingers in everything and I do mean everything. Who ever they may be, it has been reported they take security VERY serious. I'm still betting if it is a government facility of any kind, they are mil.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
they are Air Force Security Police, Security Police is the Air Force version of Military Police, they gaurd bases from possible spies taking pictures and sabotagers/vandals from attempting to damage property. Every Air Force base has them, sercret or non secret. because "area 51" wasn't (or until clinton isn't) suppose to exist they couldnt were their military uniforms that way no one could actually indentify who they are, becuase the military wasnt supposed to be there. they still dont now probably because it is a unit tradition, such little traditions are somewaht common in the military.

[edit on 4-12-2004 by rowsdower]

[edit on 4-12-2004 by rowsdower]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
when you think about the cammo dudes and the actual US Military forces, they are two different things. Cammo dudes are not the official, president's military, they are more like civilian soldiers. I don't think their title is exactly like a military, but they are definately more on the civilian border line than military.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Velvet1717
there is all this talk about the "Camo Dudes" but who are they? i know they guard area 51, and i hear that they ar not a military branch, what's with that?

I think they are eithier CIA or NSA Security police! The research indicated that they are government security. The First "Cammo Dudes" were CIA Security officers, who operated undercover as employees of a Private "Company". Today, I think some of them are also NSA today.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

Xon

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I have heard that it is Eg&g how have hired them. But I did allways belived that it is the CIA or Secret Servce but now I am not sure. But the one how did tell me that they were from eg&g does know a lot of this base so I do belive him

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Air Force Security Police are exclusively responsible for "inner" security at the facility - buildings, facilities, and runways.

"Perimeter" security is commanded by the AFSP as well, however, they are heavily augmented by contractor personnel. See Wackenhut Security Services........

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
I have never known military or government secrets to be guarded by civilians, unless it involves the CIA.

The military uses civilians for all kinds of stuff. In Korea, all the United States Army posts are surrounded by elevated guard shacks. Each of the guard shacks is occupied by a Korean civilian. (I use the term "civilian" very loosely, as they wore uniforms but were not ROKA/Republic of Korea Army.) I can't speak for Army posts in America because I've never been stationed there, but if the military will hire non-Americans to guard military posts, then I don't see why they wouldn't hire some highly-trained American civilians to guard the perimeter of an American military base, albeit a very Top Secret one. Just because they guard the exterior doesn't mean they have any access to anything that goes on inside. If all they see is fancy flying lights in the sky every night no harm done: everyone else sees them.

Or maybe they're brainwashed civilians; mindless drones that were once civilians who tried to sneak onto Area 51, got caught, their brains were turned to mush then rebuilt to military standards, making them robots who do whatever they're told.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
CamoDudes are probally a secret military outfit, but they say their private, so no one can join CamoDudes, they just recruit...

In truth no one really knows who they are...

Xon

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Yea some one knows but not eneyone here. When I was in Nevada at the border I talkt to one that siad that if you drive a car whit goverment signs they will play whit you (fly low over you whit the copter) and things like that. So maybe they are millitary og someone else in the goverment

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Many people here have said they are civilians, which is true! By Defense Department definition, A Civilian is Anyone who is not on active duty in the military. This doesn't mean they don't work for the Defense Department! I still think NSA or CIA are your best bet. Here are the reasons I think this:

1. It's easier to move Defense Department employees to secret locations without getting a lot of questions.

2. Even if they aren't military, Defense Department personell are more likey to have a high level of clearance with an overlap clause, then a private contractor (An Overlap Clause is a provision that allows one person to have limited General knowlage of several classified and compartmentalized programs at once. (All non-security personell at Groom Lake are Required to go into windowless buildings when any aircraft they aren't cleared to work on/with takes off or lands).

3. Government Contracts epeically long-term ones leave a paper trail that would have to be hidden, assignments of personell don't (If you're trying to hide something, you don't want a paper trail!)

4. NSA is a "Security Service", security is a key part of their mission.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

[edit on 9-12-2004 by ghost]

top topics

join