It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinians and Israelis accept Egypt ceasefire proposal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
english.ahram.org.eg...

Egypt has called on Israel and Palestinian factions to observe a 72-hour cease-fire beginning within hours, and to resume talks on a more comprehensive Gaza agreement.
The announcement Sunday by Egypt's Foreign Ministry comes after hours of talks with Palestinian factions in Cairo in which they accepted the proposal.

A Foreign Ministry spokesman said the announcement would not have been made if the cease-fire agreement was not secured, indicating that Israel had also accepted the proposal.

The statement said the cease-fire would begin at midnight Cairo time (2101 GMT) and would create the atmosphere to resume humanitarian aid as well as indirect talks, through Egypt, to reach a more lasting and comprehensive cease-fire.

Another cease fire, lets see if this one will last the full 72 hours.

Will Israel and Hamas agree on anything?

Will Hamas stop the endless violence inciting airstrikes on Gaza?

Will Israel continue to be baited?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

No.

I firmly believe that neither side have the desire to compromise with the other.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This holy war has been going on for far to long. Someone just needs to win allready

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

I completely agree. Neither Hamas nor the Israeli gov't want peace.

Destroying Gaza Isn’t Netanyahu’s Goal, It’s Far Worse

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Thisbseth

Holy war? There's clearly religious overtones but I wouldn't describe this as a holy war because it's definitely more political than religious.

It will never end because both sides, Hamas and Israel, don't want peace.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Another cease fire, lets see if this one will last the full 72 hours.

Will Hamas stop the endless violence inciting airstrikes on Gaza?

Will Israel continue to be baited?

They will never agree on anything, but hopefully violence can't stop for a while...

I'm aware Hamas are far from being innocent in this conflict, but under international law they are allowed to resist an illegal criminal occupation. And they were elected by the people. Regardless, since the unity between Hamas and Fatah, Mahmood Abbas is the President. I believe the new unity government is the reason for the latest massacre.
Netanyahu does not want peace and wants all the land. The Likud charter clearly stipulates they will never accept that Palestine even exists.

edit on 10-8-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

No.

I firmly believe that neither side have the desire to compromise with the other.

I agree, neither side wants peace, and Hamas would not accept it.

new topics

top topics

join