It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Stewart runs over and kills Kevin Ward Jr. after race dispute

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
In New York state, one DOES NOT need an intent to kill in order to be guilty of murder.

A person is guilty of murder in the second degree when: ... Under circumstances evincing a depraved indifference to human life, he recklessly engages in conduct which creates a grave risk of death to another person, and thereby causes the death of another person"

codes.lp.findlaw.com...

One could argue that revving a dirt car engine in close proximity to a human fits that definition given that these dirt sprint cars are hard to control and are designed to loose traction.

...he (STEWART) may have engaged in conduct consistent with murder in the second degree. Under New York law, murder in the second degree entails acting with a depraved indifference to human life and recklessly engaging in conduct that “creates a grave risk of death to another person, and thereby cause the death of another person.” New York classifies murder in the second degree as an A-I felony, and it carries up to a life sentence and minimum of 15 years behind bars.

www.si.com...
autoweek.com...

edit on 12-8-2014 by LaZonaImagery because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LaZonaImagery
That's apples and oranges.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
So police are now reviewing a second video, Tony Stewart has gone missing and rumors are he won't be finishing the Cup season....

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Any chance they have released that video that they are looking at?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Having grew up in a family that builds and races dirt cars (76 nova chassis are what we run), I have been around it enough to present this information with confidence. Keep in mind I don't watch Nascar often, so I have no allegiance to any drivers.

When watching dirt racing, especially on oval, banked tracks, you have to remember that some of the driving lines, maneuvers, and general car handling is based on how to car is set up to run. The main focus of a setup is to get the car in and out of turns smoothly and to get as much bite/power/force to the right rear tire during turns so speed isn't lost while turning. Depending on the class of car you are watching at the time, some cars will shut down (back off throttle) and slide through the turn, and then pick back up on the throttle at the start of the straight. Super late models and sprint cars do the opposite for the most part, and shut down for a very brief instant entering the turn, then go back full throttle all the way through it and down the straight. The reason they shut down is because their suspension is designed/set up to where the driver then starts the turn with the steering, or the car itself will begin to turn without any steering feedback. In exotic setups such as sprint cars or super late models, if they do not get back into the throttle during the turn, the car will push right up the track. Remember what I said earlier about right rear bite? When you have a lot of right rear bite, gassing the throttle will turn the car left without any steering wheel feedback, hence the reason you see drivers steering right while turning left.

With all that said, I believe that Stewart came in the turn low on the track, his car began to push up, and he gassed it to make the car turn left. It didn't help any that Ward was walking down the track towards his car at the same time.

As for the people saying that Stewart has no business racing dirt since he is a sprint cup star? He does it because it is flat out fun! I don't know the guy or anything, but i'm pretty positive that is why. I love dirt races, and I am not a big fan of Nascar. Very exciting if you're into that sort of thing. It is where he got his start. He isn't the only cup driver who goes back to his roots, either.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Why was there a caution? Was the caution out because they knew Ward was walking around on the track?

Actually, I'd guess the caution was due to Ward's car being stationary on the track.
edit on 29-9-2014 by GreenElf because: (no reason given)

What was the speed of Stewart's car and the speed of other cars going by Ward?
edit on 29-9-2014 by GreenElf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Is there any documented past incidents of Stewart slinging mud on other people with his car wheels?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join