It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best meat? - need help settling a debate

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Venison all the way

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Damn you....now i got to go eat. These kind of threads should be outlawed after ten PM

Oh that's right, different timezones everywhere, it won't work.

My favorite meat is fish....cooked...I swallowed a small live smelt whole one time and also some fresh live oysters. Neither of those experiences went very well.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I think we (my friends at the pub) where a bit hasty with our ruling out of chicken.

Cant leave out a nice spicy chicken wing!!! Damnit, just how many delicious animals/dishes are out there ha!

Im glad no ones said dog yet, or mentioned any bugs or worms *this isnt the lion king!*

@ ricky - sorry about that - ive just been thinking about it since yesterday and was having trouble coming up with a favorite and why. Think of it this way, this thread may make you hungry tonight, but tomorrow you may go shopping and buy the best meat meal you have ever eaten!!!!

edit on b51511049 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Tough choice ... among the best are marlin .. whale .. wild boar .. prawns ..

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Salmon's Omega 3's for healthy skin, heart, etc. and use for Rheumatoid arthritis, depression, etc. as a dietary treatment. Just watch out for fishery raised(also many are now GE if that's a concern to you) as they contain chemicals and have other talked of issues- such as with the environment.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

originally posted by: skunkape23
Rattlesnake, alligator, armadillo, squirrel, nutria, soft shelled turtle, rabbit...it's all good if you know how to cook it.
Meat is meat and a man's got to eat.

SQUIRREL?

I didnt know that was even a thing! The rest i heard of once or twice, i wouldnt know even where to start trying to find those!

Whats the best out of those you named?

Can't really say...the rattlesnake and turtle are the most tender.
Raccoon is definitely not on the list. I've only tried to eat it once. It had a texture similar to a car tire and a flavor similar to what I would imagine the sweat from a bulls testicles would taste like...very musky.
I've had an old coonass tell me that they're not too pretty bad if you smoke them and let all the fat drain off, then simmer them in a pot of gumbo.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

Raccoon is definitely not on the list. I've only tried to eat it once. It had a texture similar to a car tire and a flavor similar to what I would imagine the sweat from a bulls testicles would taste like...very musky.

Why were you eating car tires and bull balls?

Wait, no, i dont want to know

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

The whole damned list and several others you have not listed.

Warning to vegans....I DON'T CARE.

'Nough said.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Smoked beef brisket.

It's all in how you cook it.

Walleye, lightly breaded and salted, deep fried in lard. Lard I say, lard!!!
Not some fancy corn oil or peanut oil,
Lard it's good for you!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Prairie squid smothered in bat pudding.
Pure Slack.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

I always loved Swordfish. Had it every year at least once. Until the eighties, I stopped eating it because of mercury accumulation and the specis being overfished - Don't eat much fish anymore because of both those reasons.

But I do love a good organic freerange steak now and again. It's not for everyone but I like it.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Alligator is also good

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Prime Rib medium rare with fresh Horseradish for me! Nothing better!
edit on 7-8-2014 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

A star for you simply because you know what a coonass is.

But back to the topic at hand, Shark steaks are pretty good, alligator is pretty good as well. Grew up going on squirrel and rabbit hunts( personally, I think they both taste of chicken) But to me, there is nothing better than the taste of just about any cut of naturally raised beef and free range chicken. Never could get on w/ the mudbug crowd though because I'm not sucking the brains out of any animal lol

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
One of my favorites is Bison, but I've only ever had it as burger. Don't know if I'm a great judge, haven't even tried half the meats people are posting here.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey9438
One of my favorites is Bison, but I've only ever had it as burger. Don't know if I'm a great judge, haven't even tried half the meats people are posting here.

Yeah, thats kinda the point.

Maybe try some new stuff you dont even know you might like! Just as much as it is about what might be KING of meats.

I quite enjoy little crackers with cream cheese, caviar and smoked salmon - expensive but a nice little treat!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Sardines caught and eaten within 5 mins.
Ate about 20 of them best meat ever.
Oh and my first ever job was a Fishmonger/Game seller and my list in no order would be.

Venison.
Hake.
Raw Tuna.
Wood Pigeon.
Oysters.
Dublin Bay Prawns.
Octopus in garlic oil (raw).
Dolphin.
Deep Fried Baby Panda.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Oooo whats Whale like?,.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
+1 FOR VENISON STEAKS MARINATED OVER NIGHT, GRILLED... OR PAN FRIED BUTTER SALMON STEAKS

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
White bait and anchovies are good, but you cant really just eat a whole plate of them!

Something else that could be either amazing or horrible is Kangaroo, Goose, Grouse and Pheasant.

Not tried/had the pleasure yet but could be up there on list the from what ive heard.

edit on b2626204 by Biigs because: Keep missing words out!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join