It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia tests first suspected Ebola case; outbreak worse than people know

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I have been watching for updates of this case for a few days now. Nothing concrete. Some media outlets reporting the results aren't back, some saying he did definitely die from ebola and some others saying they haven't released the results. From the length of time all the other cases took for the results I would have thought his would be back by now.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Michelle129th

I just added an edit to my last post you might want to check out to about Saudi Arabia denying a "second" Ebola case. So, it turns out that it was Ebola in Saudi Arabia but they are being very hush about it.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
*Note to self

"wearing a scarf around my mouth will not check Ebola"

Good to know

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Well this evil plot is thwarted from the get go. First they'd have to make sure they've contracted the disease and they would have to be showing symptoms to be sure. Then they would have to attempt air travel while showing symptoms of Ebola. The disease in not contagious in the incubation period. It's contagious when symptoms are apparent and for up to four days after death. Of course they could try leaving dead bodies around in airports but chances are if a person doesn't touch them they will never contract the disease. As a terrorist plot this one is doomed to failure. reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

No, not at all. They wouldn't really need to be infected, all they would need do is collect some of the dirtied materials from the hospitals treating the disease and scatter them about in public places where unsuspecting people will handle them. You don't need an actual body in order to have the virus present, just a few towels, sheets, etc that have the virus on them.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: gspat

Have to keep an eye on Hajj (sp?) this year...

Might be interesting.

Looks like the Saudis were thinking the same thing:

Saudi health ministry: No hajj and umrah visas for three African nations

The Saudi Ministry of Health (MOH) has banned the issuance of Hajj and Umrah visas for Sierra Leone, Guinea, and Liberia because of concerns about the spread of the Ebola virus in these countries, according to Dr. Khalid Marghalani, MOH spokesman.

The ministry constantly coordinates with the ministries of Hajj and Foreign Affairs to take all necessary measures at borders and airports.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
putting this here for ya'll - canada & greece.

www.news1130.com...
www.cbc.ca...
www.independent.mk...

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

Are you suggesting and intentional typhoid Muhammad?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
It's been a few days now since they tested and a couple since he died, so why are they not posting any results of said testing (that I can find)? Must just be missing that story.

Saudi being tested for Ebola dies in Jeddah

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JG1993
putting this here for ya'll - canada & greece.

www.news1130.com...
www.cbc.ca...
www.independent.mk...

Way to freakin close to my neck of the woods...Canada, my neighbors to the north from here in WI.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Well I guess all things point to this man having tested positive for Ebola. The news sources (although unsure of how legit they are), plus the fact that he presented 5 days ago and we still haven't had an official release of his test results which they surely got back by now. I guess they want to keep it hush to stop panic?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I obviously cannot help but wonder if this Ebola craze is just a ruse. Does't something like this happen whenever we spend too long looking at one thing. Israel DID ask the US to help them avoid ICC...

Now we are scared again. Just have to find a way to connect Ebola with ISIL or Hamas, whether currently or looming, this is a good way to make people scared of evil Islamic boogymen again. We were falling off the train, this is a good pick-me-up.
edit on 9-8-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Really? Do you go about picking up dirty sheets and bloody cloth from public places? How long does the virus live on surfaces? This is not an effective way to start a world wide plague. Might as well go with the idea if leaving dead bodies in airports and hope everyone who passes touches them.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

Really? Do you go about picking up dirty sheets and bloody cloth from public places? How long does the virus live on surfaces? This is not an effective way to start a world wide plague. Might as well go with the idea if leaving dead bodies in airports and hope everyone who passes touches them.

No, I don't go about picking up dirty sheets in public places but someone would have to do that and they could easily become infected according to all the official reports I've seen.
You stated: "First they'd have to make sure they've contracted the disease and they would have to be showing symptoms to be sure."
I was just pointing out that there are ways other than making sure one is personally infected to spread this virus about in public places if you have evil intent.
Somebody would have to clean up the mess and if they didn't know that the materials were infected, they wouldn't be taking the needed precautions. A bloody towel here, an infected bandage there....Have you never seen the trash people leave in public places? Someone has to pick it up and dispose of it.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I read the article from top to bottom and it does not state that the man died from Ebola. It says it is suspected and that test results had not been released. Interestingly enough it also mentioned the man in NY and stated that his test came back negative for Ebola. So one less epicenter to worry over. a reply to: Rezlooper

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Cleaning personnel in public places usually wear rubber gloves. They would pick this material up and put it in a trash receptacle essentially talking it out of the public vector. What about how long it lives on surfaces. Did you find that out? Apparently for a few days at room temperature and indefinitely if frozen. But let's get back to your scenario which I'm unclear why your motivated to entertain it but any way how would your would be bio terrorist get this infected material? They are burning the waste materials. Is this guy going to just walk up and grab some dirty rags? What then prevents him from getting the disease. Ok he could don a biohazard suit go in under cover and make away with it I guess. Then what? He's not getting on a plane with a biohazard suit on. Ok he what? Packs this infectious material into a suitcase retrieves it at the airport then how does he go about spreading it around without getting it himself. He not going to visit public places in a biohazard suit. There's just way too much that's not practical in your theory. Might make a good novel though. They don't have to be based on facts. s reply to: diggindirt

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657
Cleaning people in the US and other developed countries wear rubber gloves and bag up trash. Not so much in third world countries.
I have no idea how long it lives on surfaces since the "official" sites say anything from a few hours to a few days. Does anyone really know?
My response was simply to point out that your supposition that one must be infected to be able to spread it about is not entirely correct. If one was a terrorist and didn't care whether or not they were infected, it would very easy to waltz in and obtain these materials by just posing as a trash collector. Then that terrorist could spread a few infected materials in very public places where the cleaning folks would have no reason to suspect that they were collecting a bio-hazard---in a different country---within hours of collecting it, therefore before any symptoms develop. Am I saying it is likely? No. Just possible. And isn't it the possible that we fear?
If all those health care professionals got the disease by simply "slipping up" when they were changing into their bio-hazard suits, then it's not a stretch to say that it can be spread by dirty linens is it? Or do you think that those hundred people all had accidental needle sticks with infected blood?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Ok, finally some sort of definitive reports. According to these two sources, the initial testing is negative. I still have to wonder why it takes 5 days just to get back initial testing. Perhaps scientists should also work on a quicker testing method so that once it is confirmed as positive they can track any contacts quickly. After 5 days, any contacts this gentleman would have had on his trip home or once home would have also contacted many others.

Deceas ed Saudi Negative for Ebola

Initial Test Results on Dead Saudi Man Negative

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
They probably had direct contact with infected people.
I guess if your determined enough your plot is possible. As a bio agent an airborne virus like an altered flu would be much more efficient. If Ebola were Truly an airborne capable of remaining aloft for long periods it would be spreading much faster than it is. Not saying you think it is just noting for efficiency sake an airborne would be better. a reply to: diggindirt

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

PS
What would be the point of releasing it in a third world country? As a diabolical plot to kill the infidels that is? LOL.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfTheLawOfOne
Has anyone else considered why a Saudi Arabian man went to Sierra Leone knowing what is happening there?

Perhaps it wasn't that he simply went there, but rather that he was sent there?

Terrorists NEVER get their hands on biological weapons... this is easy pickings for them.

If they really want to wreak havoc, all they have to do is send a squad of guys down there who already would blow themselves up for their belief, and instead, infect themselves and start making their way all over the world, making sure to cough inside of crowded airports and planes and sneeze all over people, and never wash their sweaty hands.

And you call yourselves conspiracy theorists?

~Namaste

those are some very solid satements.and a real possibility.
lets hope they are not that smart.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join