It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TDawgs Breakfast Burritos. Warning! Not safe for those with a sensitive tummy!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

These look delicious, thanks for sharing! I made breakfast burritos this past weekend, a huge batch of 40 that I wanted to freeze so I could get a jump start on the busy-ness of the new school year starting soon.

I bet yours would freeze well too, only put the salsa separately, of course.

I made mine with diced tomatoes, peppers, onions, sausage, egg and cheese. I really want to try some with chorizo, but I'm the only one in the family who likes it.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
a reply to: palmalBlue2

Nope, Horseradish cheese is your normal white cheddar with horseradish mixed in during the making. Good stuff! It does come out a bit soft, nothing like brie though.

I see that you keep taking up for the folk that don't/can't stomach the spicy stuff. Every recipe out there, mine included, can be tweeked to the preppers taste. Tone it up, or tone it down. I do it with every recipe I have experimented with.

In my case, let the eater beware, chances are it'll be hot. But I always forewarn before cooking for others, just in case. If the majority want milder fair, I can do that, it'll just be boring though in my opinion, might as well be cooking a Swanson meal.
But even in those cases, I still have enough side condiments to liven thing up.

Oh....and after all the prep, it was oven baked by the way.

Oh crud....the not so wonderful thing about the net is,.... you didn't hear my intent.

You have an excellent recipe that I use on an almost daily basis.

I have to cater to anywhere from 20 to 60 people every other month. If its 35 or more, I do a basic spaghetti/ meatball w/salad, etc.
Less than, I do "wet" burritos which is not much different than what you gave.

I use sweet onions instead of yellow when I have to cater for those who don't like spicey. When you deal with that many in catering, its an issue.
Vegatarians get their own menu!! When thats requested, I substitute a veggie for a meat. [spinach or a green squash]

My guys are total wusses when it comes to spice. I upgraded them to mild...

You mentioned horseradish white sause.........on or in what??

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I'm lucky that I'm not a caterer. I cook to my tastes, rarely others.

Though maybe there is a niche for that as well? What do ya think?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I'm lucky that I'm not a caterer. I cook to my tastes, rarely others.

Though maybe there is a niche for that as well? What do ya think?

Its a horseradish cheese...not a sauce. And if you have Vegans who like some spice, try watercrest w a bit of arugula mixed in. Very spicy.
edit on 4-8-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Hmm. Hawaiian. Add pineapple?

Just thinking out loud.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Just thinking out loud.

Please ban yourself!

Pineapple should be eaten alone...not on pizza nor anything else...not even ham!

Why do I want to go to war right now?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Just thinking out loud.

Please ban yourself!

Pineapple should be eaten alone...not on pizza nor anything else...not even ham!

2 against one....dude, you're outmanned!!

Hawaian BBQ pizza anyone??!!

Dawg..... Catereing??.....uh....yah....not unless you LIKE monumental piles of..... and a whoooole lotta red tape.
Do you have a way to keep salads fresh/ cold ... and hot foods hots and rotate the hot foods within a given time frame.
Its a retorical question.

Family on the other hand......

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Just thinking out loud.

Please ban yourself!

She got a star just because she added pineapple!!

Forgive me if she is a he
edit on 4-8-2014 by palmalBlue2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Yummy!!! I unfortunately have a sensitive stomach so I wouldn't be able to eat it but my hubby would love it. I'll bookmark this and make it when he is home in December. He loves breakfast burritos.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

intrepid got a star because I believe you gave him one. Just no accounting for some peoples taste...buds.

I know plenty who love a pineapple ham pizza, it just doesn't trip my trigger. I want to sweat.

i just don't believe in making blase food. It should have some kick and taste. Just enough to taste everything....which is the hard part. Hot enough to make a person go wow!, but not hot enough to have them never try your cooking again.

My BBQ rubs and marinades are a whole 'nother matter and I'm sure will cause a firestorm on this forum. That's how confident I am of them. Every one I have served has been pleased, so they say. May be a business venture, though I doubt it as there are so many out there already. But anyways, Stay tuned.
edit on 4-8-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

Yummy!!! I unfortunately have a sensitive stomach so I wouldn't be able to eat it but my hubby would love it. I'll bookmark this and make it when he is home in December. He loves breakfast burritos.

You're the reason I experiment in the kitchen again. Thanks and applause!

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Sounds good .. though out here will have to use wild boar - one been raid my garden so it fitting to add it to the menu .. and the thai chillis as dont have jalepenos in garden ..

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Sounds good .. though out here will have to use wild boar - one been raid my garden so it fitting to add it to the menu .. and the thai chillis as dont have jalepenos in garden ..

The same can be served over a small bed of rice if need be. And as i said before, it's up to the cooks taste buds.

But....Mmmmmm...Wild Boar. Drool, drool.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

intrepid got a star because I believe you gave him one. Just no accounting for some peoples taste...buds.

I know plenty who love a pineapple ham pizza, it just doesn't trip my trigger. I want to sweat.

i just don't believe in making blase food. It should have some kick and taste. Just enough to taste everything....which is the hard part. Hot enough to make a person go wow!, but not hot enough to have them never try your cooking again.

My BBQ rubs and marinades are a whole 'nother matter and I'm sure will cause a firestorm on this forum. That's how confident I am of them. Every one I have served has been pleased, so they say. May be a business venture, though I doubt it as there are so many out there already. But anyways, Stay tuned.

So that means you are coming up to our place to cook BBQ, right
we have good brew in these parts if it helps.
[so they say...]
No one knows how to cook decent BBQ in the PNW so I think you would have a niche.
[quit tempting me you evil dude, cause youre making Texas worth visiting again or NC
just for the BBQ of course!]

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888

The same can be served over a small bed of rice if need be. And as i said before, it's up to the cooks taste buds.

But....Mmmmmm...Wild Boar. Drool, drool.

Ok... you are both very evil... the pics don't taste as good nor do your tasty descriptions...evil I tell ya... MODS!!!

... and my guys just gave you 'bro bumps'

edit on 4-8-2014 by palmalBlue2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Having been stationed at Ft. Lewis before (I think they call it Joint Base Lewis/McChord these days), I'm very familiar with Washington and Oregon. Used to go to Tulelake for their Horseradish festival. Yea, a couple of good 'ol boys from Wisconsin loved to go there. That and the town where Northern Exposure was filmed. Cool town by the way, very homey. No Hollywood crap with the exception of one small store.

Did a lot of climbing of Rainer, the Four Sisters and St.Helens. Beautiful country. You already have a good selection of BBQ joints to the best of my knowledge, though that is dated to the late nineties. If they didn't make it over that time period, chances are I wouldn't either. But I do love cookin' for friends.

I do have a Sister & Brother-in-law that lives in Marysville and a Nephew who works at Boeing (he's a big muckity-muck...LOL Good for him!)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join