It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're at the opening stages of WW3, from a military standpoint, how do you think it will play out?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

You got that right. The northwest passage has opened up and it's now a viable trade route whereas before it never was. A real game changer.

link   
no matter what happens it's all good!

Reason being: Halliburton will get the contract to rebuild the world!

link   
Russia just wants to preserve their energy resources and military bases. NATO loves the slow chipping away at the old empire. But now they fear Russia slowly pushing back the gains they have made.

Things were a lot worse with Palestinians back in the 1970's. They used to hijack planes on a regular basis. Just about every week, there would be a news story about some Middle Eastern airline hijacked somewhere on a runway. Everyone would just roll up their eyes and sigh. Eventually airport security was tightened up with X-ray scanners, magnetic detectors and pat downs. Then the Palestinians started blowing up Israeli buses. Israel got so fed up of this, they brought in immigrants to do the work that Palestinians did and Israel put a wall around Gaza. Now Hamas just send rockets over the wall. So Israel had to create a missile dome around Gaza. Then Hamas dig tunnels into Israel. Next Israel will have to build underground military bases around the border to detect tunneling.

Then there was Lebanon, which had dozens factions fighting each other in Beirut. That was a never-ending set of
news reports which always featured demolished apartment and office blocks. Finally that war was finished.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

You probably need to turn them on in youtube player manually.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Etherguide

Thanks for the tip.

eta: that's pretty heavy. I'm glad the camera panned around to show the back of the room and all the people or I wouldn't have put much faith in it. However, that can all be faked too (not saying it's fake) but it lent some credence. Too bad I can't understand all the comments.
edit on 3-8-2014 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

originally posted by: FlySolo

I would like to hear other opinions how WW3 reaches a crescendo.

We blow ourselves to hell and that means no more The Walking Dead!

I strongly disagree with you sir!
There is actually some impressive fan fic out there of many genres.

On to the OP, I'm hoping the WW3 scenario will be kept inside of israeli borders.
But this is just my wish.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Israel bombing Gaza to try and draw a response from Iran (Iran have already made some noise). If Iran do respond, Israel will bomb Iran which will then open the door for ISIS to move on Iran (ISIS don't like Shia's). This will also bring the superpowers into the war because Iran will continue to fight against Israel also.. USA and Europe against Russia and Iran, all three of them coming out of the war and Iran being defeated to something similar to the Ottoman Turks in WW1.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

That sounds like a logical plan. If I didn't know better, it would seem BB is trying to provoke an international response.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

From Russia/Ukraine, Syria to Israel/Palestine.

Are you older than 20?

Israel/Palestine goes on for...forever already...

I lived in the 80s, cold war. Germany, in the middle of West/East, we'd be the first gotten nuked.
Libya bombing back in...1980something.
Iraq War 1, Iraq War 2
Palestine/Israel...was top in the news all the way I remember when I was a child, there was NEVER a break or anything.
Saddam Hussein
Olympics 1972 hostage crisis
Afghanistan
Planes shot down by Russia.
9/11
This or that. Too lazy to list everything, this just from the top of my head.

If you think we're at the brink of war you must either be very young or haven't followed news in the past very well.
Sorry, nope.

Edit:

Germany/UK invading Russia? : ) Uhm, nope.

edit on 8/3/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

a reply to: DarknStormy

That sounds like a logical plan. If I didn't know better, it would seem BB is trying to provoke an international response.

Or it could be just massive Gas reserves have been found off the coast of Gaza and Egypt. It seems as though pushing the Palestinians into the ocean has backfired

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

And russia will attack texas how?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: FosterIgnorance

Something more drastic that what is currently going on is going to have to happen, before we can begin to move to a WW3 scenario. Right now, you have two localized wars (Ukraine, Gaza), and destabilized countries (civil war) in Syria, and Iraq. However, I don't see anyone really moving to escalate. All are staying fairly localized, and the only wild card out there is ISIS.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It's all quite a mess, isn't it? I am not conspiracy-enamored like so many, using Occam's razor I find simple incompetence and stupidity much more likely at fault. And the supply is growing daily. Lately it seems leaders(sic) are picking pretty much the dumbest thing and doing it, examples being land wars in Asia, invading Russia, and the like. Also the Warming will cause some major disruptions.

That said, it's been so long since a big war involving major powers, that we have forgotten how awful they are. Seems after big wars things stay quieter until that generation or so passes.

The major instabilities are NATO poking the bear, and the whole Arab world, Algeria to Iraq. The ongoing Congo war is the worst re casualties but does not involve non-regional players much. I think the Jihad Wars will go like the 30 Years' War, with the big powers using the little countries to fight off and on, while jockeying for advantage of resources. Meanwhile life will go on for the better-off.

NATO and the Bear is the one that could go apocalyptic. In the Cold War the players were ultimately rational, but now on both sides religious irrationality is growing apace.

Let's see, my retirement date is 2016, so probably it will muddle on until the day before.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

1971 brother. I'm 43. But this is different animal. No 1 reason being Russia and Ukraine and the advancements of radial Islamic ideologies. Couple that with new Oil and Gas exploration, collapse of the economic foundation, rapid climate change, Snowden, drones and the NSA. This isn't the 1980's anymore with Reagan and El Salvador, Oliver North and the Iran contra affair or the Falkland Islands. Technology is different, ideas are stronger and governments are more corrupt. More and more people around the world are becoming more informed and international pressure becomes more intense. There is an acceleration at this point and everything in the past is now finally catching up.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Catacomb

Isis really is the wild card. If they succeed in overtaking Iraq, that's when the game is really going to change.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Franz Ferdinand has been assassinated in Sarajevo which is not and has never been in Serbia - just wanted to point it out since you mentioned you like history and this is a topic where we compare past events; it is good to have correct information whenever possible.

As for WW3 - it is a reality that we are facing but there could be much different intensity and type of warfare involved so many of us might not even notice.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
i look at it like this... if a major portion of the world are in any general danger thats a major portion of peoples kids, moms, wives, daughters, sons, and what have it.

no one wants to see these people hurting especially when its your own.

no are all these military people just going to stand by and let this terrible military catastrophe happen? nope... we will get wind with out super secret pheromone detectors we got implanted in putins rear end that he's going to do something dumb 10 minutes before he does and drop a telephone pole made out of tungsten on his head.

kinetic bombardment

basically the world isnt as wide open as it used to be. "They" have a pretty good grasp on how things are going to play out and slowly but surely we are working our way towards a future we can all agree on. (mostly anyway)

if we are in a war with 1980's style technology in the desert (iraq and Afghanistan) its probably cause we had a whole bunch of 1980's tech laying around NOT because thats the best weapon and strategy we could field at the time.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: demus

Thanks for the correction. But it was Serbia and Austria that began the war.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

a reply to: demus

Thanks for the correction. But it was Serbia and Austria that began the war.

assassination of Franz Ferdinand was just a spark that put everything into motion.

the causes for the war were more complex yet easily comprehensible and every power at the time was ready for "the show".

they thought their goals will be achieved quickly.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Not yet OP.... It will carry on more or less like it is for another decade at least... Tensions will dramatically increase but world leaders will decide unilaterally against all out world war. Its too soon for everyone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join