It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

37 civilians, 59 'terrorists' killed in earlier China attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I post this as I wonder what China will end up doing if the violence continues. They have always in my opinion been for the state first and the people second since Kublai Khon united all the provinces. Some how I do not believe they will continue to put up with the lawlessness and their idea of a civilized society being interfered with... regardless of world opinion.. Either way it is such a waste and loss of life.

Chinese state media said Sunday that 37 civilians and 59 "terrorists" had been killed in an attack earlier in the week in Xinjiang, home to China's mainly Muslim Uighur minority.
Related Stories

Dozens 'killed and injured in terror attack' in China's Xinjiang AFP news.yahoo.com...
Imam of China's biggest mosque killed in Xinjiang AFP news.yahoo.com...
Almost 100 killed during attacks in China's Xinjiang last week Reuters news.yahoo.com...
China reports deadly attack in northwest Associated Press news.yahoo.com...
China: Attack In Xinjiang Kills Dozens Of Civilians Huffington Post www.huffingtonpost.com...

The total toll makes the incident by far the bloodiest since rioting involving Uighurs and members of China's Han majority killed around 200 people in the regional capital Urumqi in 2009.

Police had arrested 215 "terrorists" while 13 civilians were also wounded in Monday's attack on a police station and government offices in Shache county, or Yarkand in the Uighur language, in Kashgar prefecture, according to the official Xinhua news agency.

The original article was in Yahoo news and the link when posted does not work.. Just do a search for..."37 civilians, 59 'terrorists' killed in earlier China attack" for complete article..

edit on 3-8-2014 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I believe it was yesterday or the day before, I forget which, that I was reading about an explosion at some manufacturing factory that killed quite a few workers. At the time the breaking news report didn't mention if it was thought to have been any sort of nefarious act. I wonder if it was or just a coincidence.

China's Western provinces have been the scene of many extremist activities over the past few years especially those with close ties to some Pakistani Islamic extremist groups just across the border.

'China's Han majority' as the report states is a fairly new development in the region being discussed.
edit on 3-8-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
China will regret sucking up to Pakistan as the US regrets it now.....

join