It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Philadelphia cops arrested for extortion, robbery, kidnapping, and drug-dealing.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

6 Philly Officers Arrested In Corruption Probe That Commissioner Calls ‘One Of The Worst Cases I’ve Ever Heard’.

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Six Philadelphia police officers who served in the narcotics squad were taken into custody by federal agents early this morning as part of a federal corruption probe.

All of those officers are current or former narcotics officers: John Speiser, Brian Reynolds, Michael Spicer, Perry Betts, Thomas Liciardello, and Linwood Norman. All are facing multiple charges including extortion, robbery, kidnapping, and drug-dealing.

In one incident, officials say, the accused held one of the drug suspects for days in a hotel while threatening him and making threats against his family.

In another alleged incident, one victim was reportedly dangled over the edge of an 18th-floor balcony in order to get information.

Following announcement of the indictments, Philadelphia police commissioner Charles Ramsey said, “I’ve been a police officer for over 40 years and this is one of the worst cases of corruption I’ve ever heard.”

IIRC, much like other major metropolitan police forces (LA, NY, Chicago etc.), the Philadelphia police has a long history of corruption.

"They" eventually came to their senses and realized that the prohibition of alcohol didnt work, it was actually counter-productive.

The hell is Serpico when you need him?

[I didnt place this in posse comitatus because I didnt see this as a militarized police state/mass spying type issue, more of a general violent/corrupt cop issue/story, but I dunno.]

edit on 30-7-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere
Sorry that I am not surprised at this.
Most cops are corrupt to some degree.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Is it just me...or do they all look alike. Perhaps corruption has a face.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BBobb

They all look like they over indulge in numerous vices.

Des

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I bet they all thought they were gods and couldnt be touched. LAW!!! THEY ARE THE LAW!!!! I bet there crying in there jail cells right now thinking up all the dirt they have on the other officers to try and cut a deal. Fing pigs. Throw away the key and let Joe bob and jimbo give them rectal booster shots the rest of their lives.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Only six? They got to be kidding.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

They get to go to a federal resort prison. Cops, after all.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Now they just need to catch the rest of them. Cops, I mean.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Philadelphia police commissioner Charles Ramsey said, “I’ve been a police officer for over 40 years and this is one of the worst cases of corruption I’ve ever heard.”

Only because they usually don't catch this many at one time.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BBobb

One common facial trait they all share is that extra "doughnut" under their regular chin. Corruption is not the face of a dedicated and hard-working individual.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ
I bet they all thought they were gods and couldnt be touched. I bet there crying in there jail cells right now... Throw away the key and let Joe bob and jimbo give them rectal booster shots the rest of their lives.

I've heard about rampant AIDS epidemics in prisons. Are you suggesting a sort of modern "lethal injection" as poetic justice?

edit on 30-7-2014 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Monger

It is because of incidents like this that Law Enforcement Against Prohibition exists.

The drug prohibition is a blot on the reputation of police officers. It is a harmful policy for all of society including the police. It should be repealed forthwith.

top topics

join