It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Familiar with NFL Game Pass?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I haven't had cable since the last season ended. I really don't watch TV other than football so I was thinking of going for online streaming of football. What's the quality like? Does it have problems? How many GB/mth will I need? I can get the season and an HDMI cord for about $350. It would cost me that much to hook the cable up so why bother? Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Hi, this may or may not be helpful. I used to watch NHL through cable packages which includes a subscription not only for premium channels, but to the sports package as well. Considering I otherwise don't watch TV, it just became a costly mess and I only tried it for one season before dumping it. The service was horrible overall.

I prefer to subscribe for sports on whichever official websites offer them. (I figure Game Pass is a lot like my Gamecenter Live subscription.)

It's cheaper and much more convenient than cable subscriptions in my opinion. I'm running on a dinosaur pc with DSL (so relatively slow connection,) and the streams work just fine for me in good picture quality. Obviously, the faster connection, the better, but I've had no problems and I'm operating at bare minimum here.

One major feature I'm thrilled about with streaming vs. cable is that you can watch any game at any time. I remember with the cable service, you could only watch a game live...if they happened to be broadcasting that particular game. In fact, a lot of the features for online streams trump cable services in just about every way imaginable.

I ditched the cable packages (overpriced scams) for website subscriptions and I'm lovin' it every season

Good luck, hope this helps.

edit on 28-7-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I don't think nfl game pass streams games, nfl rewind does that. I get rewind but as it says it is not live.
I see you are in Canada so you will get the live streaming games.
edit on 7/28/2014 by catt3 because: to add to post

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

That's awesome man, thanks. We may have a problem. System requirements:

Intel Pentium 4 2.33GHz or higher or equivalent AMD processor with a minimum of 512MB of memory and 64MB of video RAM.

Me: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 1.87 GHz 2G of memory 64MB of video RAM

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Yeah, looks like your processing speed might be a little low

I'm not sure how that will affect your streaming. I'm far from being an expert. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can give you some advice.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
I can get the season and an HDMI cord for about $350. It would cost me that much to hook the cable up so why bother? Thoughts?

How about $199 instead? How would that sound?

See, NFL offers Its Gamepass worldwide and the prices differs. I have just checked the prices in 20+ countries, and in many - if not most - of them it cost just around $200. You will of course need a VPN or other means of changing your public IP to match your country of choice.

(and suspect many ATS-users are no strangers to that sort of thing)

Be aware, though, that it might not be legal everywhere. I have only checked for my own case and for me, in Denmark, luckily it is :-)

top topics

join