It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Silence

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I think this is in the right place...

I first noticed what I have come to call 'The Silence' around about 1987. I was walking to visit a friend and as I lived in a very rural part of the UK it was a few miles distant. It wasn't unusual for me to take this route which still is little more than a cart track when I noticed that there was NO SOUND.
No agricultural noise, no birds, no sound of insects, no breeze moving and no sound from my foot falls.
A lack of sound is an odd thing to witness and it struck a nerve inside, so I made a noise and just sounded wrong, like hearing a neighbour through the wall. I started to sing and after a while i started to hear the birds etc again. I discovered later that two people had witnessed strange moving lights seperately on the same night close to the area (this may or may not be related)
I have had my ears tested, and because I had not long left school, I had had them tested there too.
I have been tested for tinitus and its all 'normal ranges'
I am curious if anybody else has had this experience?
Or maybe there is some light to shed here.

Thanks for reading
CD

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
There are a few places I know of like that, an area of ancient Druid's graves at the top of a hill and nearby a place with an ancient 'rocking stone' surrounded by birch trees and a stone wall. The legend is that the stone used to rock itself and also has pagan origins.

There is a certain silence there in those places that has it's own qualities. The feelings I got from there is that the place was once, and perhaps still is, sacred and that it was, and perhaps is, of druidic significance.

Interestingly these places, which are in Scotland, are in an area named in the Taliesin as being a place of Arthurian legend. The origin of it's name, which means Birch tree which is the rune Beorc, also the first letter of the Ogham alphabet, the second letter of the Hebrew alphabet and the first in the Hebrew bible.

The area is also known for an early Christian Saint of the 9th century.

There are many very interesting similarities in ancient wisdom, even when comparing runic and Hebrew. The similarities in the vibrations and and meanings of the runic Beorc and Hebrew Bet are a good example of the Universal importance of symbols and their meanings.

Beorc

Berkana contains the mysteries of the great mother.
Cosmologically it is the mother of all manifestation and
embodies the mysteries of the human cycle of birth-life-death-rebirth.

This Rune reigns over the four pivotal human rites of passage:
birth, adolescence, marriage, and death. This birch goddess also
shows the darker side of the "Terrible Mother," ruling over death.
In Norse mythology
she is known as Hel, in the Germania she is the earth goddess Nerthus.

Berkana is the Rune of all becoming/being. It is the unity of the
birth-life-death-rebirth cycle through the mystery of the moment. This is
the unit of evolution from which "becoming" arises. This Rune expresses the
phenomenon of chance in nature, because each moment each of these phases of
existence has its own uniqueness, although they are all joined by a universal pattern.

Berkana is the passive receptor and the conserving force of protection.
It hides and protects. This Rune reigns over all protective or concealing enclosures
such as caves, lodges, and jardhhus (earth houses used for initiations).

www.hebrew4christians.com...

edit on 26-7-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: countingdown

What you experienced has a name. It's called the OZ factor.

I to have experienced it while driving a stretch of highway in the San Luis valley of Southern Colorado.

hiddenexperience.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

That makes a great deal of sense, thank you so much for taking the time
it strikes a personal resonance
again
Thank you

CD

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Your lucky, I have tinnitus and would just love to hear total silence. Unfortunately, the more quiet it is the louder tinnitus becomes.

ETA: Hmm, "love to hear total silence" something wrong with that

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

hear total silence
lol

edit on 26-7-2014 by countingdown because: thumbs

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

That's a good article, it certainly is consistent with my experiences.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
i live near the Salisbury plain in the south of England (think Stonehenge Avebury etc)
this place oozes places of power and finding little areas of utter silence and peace
is quite easy if you know how

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ShayneJUK

I am a few miles from Avebury and frequent there often, for many many years and I agree there is certainly a similar power there, same for Stonehenge.

Avebury would probably be more of a sanctuary if it didn't have an 'A' road in the middle of it, similarly Stonehenge with an 'A' road in the immediate vicinity.

I have experienced many things at Avebury, including UFO and an abduction experience, an amazing place!

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth
would love to learn more about your experiences
i am quite sensitive to such places

i am actually closest to Uffington castle and Wayland Smithy
in lambourn less than a mile from the St Michel line (ley)
and can feel whenever i cross it.

the smithy is a very strange place i have sat in there and felt cold spots hot spots
total stillness and silence even though there is a breeze blowing outside the tree ring
and a constant feeling of being watched even when i KNOW i am alone
but never felt threatened more of a guardian spirit letting me know its there sort of thing.

avebury though man that place radiates so much power is a wonder the pub needs an electric meter
mmm i think i just decided where im having a pint tomorrow

edit on 26/7/14 by ShayneJUK because: because i cant speel

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
mm sorry CD did not mean to hijack your thread

But yes i know exactly what you mean i also have tinnitus
an it is odd when you suddenly realise that whine in you ears is ALL you can hear

actually the last time i felt that was last week.
i paid a visit to the rendelsham forest (yep the brentwaters UFO site ) and man that place
is creepy as hell. near the landing site there are some spots where its like passing into another
time temperature changes no wind and utter and total silence walk 20 feet and its back to normal
again really odd place but worth a visit there s even a campsite half a mile away.
edit on 26/7/14 by ShayneJUK because: speeling

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I am near the Oxfordshire / Wiltshire border so technically nearer Uffington etc also.

Wayland Smithy is certainly some place, it does have that energy, a lot of the Ridgeway does, probably the ley line you mentioned, but there especially does, a similar energy to the places I know like that in Scotland. I went inside there a few times but always wanted to get out, probably because it is too confined but it wasn't scary, same for West Kennet longbarrow. The Uffington white horse and Dragon Hill have an energy but IMO isn't the same as the long barrows.

I have written about some of my Avebury experiences on ATS, though basically there were fast moving lights, faster than any of the fastest planes, they were moving in a triangle then separate but intelligent to each other, it felt like they were communicating with each other and to us, they zoomed in on us, certainly UFO and it had an aura about it, like the article a few post up describes, like an energy field.

Another time, late at night in the dark, driving home, an owl swooped at the windscreen clear as day, though just as it was expected to hit the windscreen, there was extremely bright light from behind which was like a blinding beam, at the exact same moment the car started rising and it felt like being in an electric force or a beam, like static, an energy field describes it well, and everything froze, like slow motion then frozen and it was all in this bluish white bright light, almost like as if underwater in bright light blue swimming pool. I recall seeing a craft, huge and flattish disc, with lights all round, I remember first thinking in a fleeting moment that it was an elaborate air balloon, seeing as there are often air balloons around the area, but that was at the same time as the beam and lifting and slow motion. I didn't recall the immediate events afterwards, just that we woke up in the car outside the house sleeping, in between two other cars that asked us how we got there as they were parked together when they left them there.

The Red Lion is a funny pub in a great position, I have had some fun times there but often the staff or locals gave me funny looks, or maybe it just felt like it.

would love to learn more about your experiences
i am quite sensitive to such places

i am actually closest to Uffington castle and Wayland Smithy
in lambourn less than a mile from the St Michel line (ley)
and can feel whenever i cross it.

the smithy is a very strange place i have sat in there and felt cold spots hot spots
total stillness and silence even though there is a breeze blowing outside the tree ring
and a constant feeling of being watched even when i KNOW i am alone
but never felt threatened more of a guardian spirit letting me know its there sort of thing.

avebury though man that place radiates so much power is a wonder the pub needs an electric meter
mmm i think i just decided where im having a pint tomorrow

edit on 26-7-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
yep thanks for that i will search out the threads.
mm don't know about the staff at the pub but certainly
got some err probing looks from some of the customers
last time i was there perhaps i can see more than
some of them were comfortable with!

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth

Another time, late at night in the dark, driving home, an owl swooped at the windscreen clear as day, though just as it was expected to hit the windscreen, there was extremely bright light from behind which was like a blinding beam

I was walking in the woods with a friend once. I remember noticing at some point that there were none of the normal sounds. It was dead quiet except for the sound of our footsteps. We saw an owl sitting in a large oak tree staring at us. This owl was HUGE. It had to have been at least 3 foot tall. Shortly after walking past the owl the birds started chirping again. The wind started rustling the leaves. A woodpecker could be heard doing it's thing. That experience has stuck with me as odd.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Interesting - countingdown
I have had numerous such experiences...
One I recall most vividly... Sitting on the back patio, in the middle of a bustling city... 10-11 am... Numerous heavy-traffic thoroughfares within a couple of blocks... Many trees surrounding...always full or, at least, occupied with some form of chattering birds or the other...and, for a period of 5 to 15 minutes (didn't pull out the stop watch) - not one sound, no birds chirping or squirrels chattering or cars driving or leaves rustling...nothing...but the sounds I made...to test and see if I had lost my hearing.
Have experienced the same or very-similar on numerous occasions since...as well.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

A good post ! Doesn't happen very often in my life, " The sound of silence " so to speak, but when it does, I revel in it...

Thank you.....!

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Wow...
I wasn't expecting such a response ... Thanks to everyone for sharing.
I live in (UK) north norfolk.
olaru12's link had a lot of interesting points, thanks for that one

It happened since including a minute or two last week.
ShaneJ - you havent thread-jacked, you're helping things to fit together (my son has a fascination with with Avebury and Stone Henge and he's 4! - we hope to visit there mid August for him)

Please guys, keep sharing -great to know I'm not the only one

CD

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   

I was going to mention the 'Oz Factor' and see it's already out there. Whether sea monsters, time-slips, UFO sightings or other weird critters...silence has been a regularly reported factor.

Another trigger for woodland silence can be the presence of a predator and we're likely hard-wired to feel anxiety at sudden silences. Maybe that's one of the reasons why we whistle in the dark and why you sang away the silence on the lane that day? No, we don't have many predators in Norfolk although who can say what walks the woodlands unseen by human eye? WOOoooOOOooo...

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth

Another time, late at night in the dark, driving home, an owl swooped at the windscreen clear as day, though just as it was expected to hit the windscreen, there was extremely bright light from behind which was like a blinding beam

It is worth noting that I have had two intense UFO sightings with the person I was with.
edit on 27-7-2014 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Great norfolk predators - The Pike lol, of your two suggestions Oz Factor seems most likely
edit on 27-7-2014 by countingdown because: z

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join