It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli ambassador says IDF deserves Nobel Peace Prize for “unimaginable restraint”

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Sure why not, I mean they gave one to Obama.

Pretty sure they are meaningless these days.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I'm not sure how much restraint I could show if someone was lobbing rockets into my backyard, especially where my children play. Of course, those who love to bash on Israel will say that they are the aggressors. I wonder who threw the first rocket?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
How many Israeli citizens has died in the rocket attacks? Seems to me most of the time these " rockets" land in places where people arent. The street, a parked car, side of an unoccupied building. Would'nt surprise me if Israel was shooting them at themsleves in order to further the eradication of the people of Palestine. Nah, Israel is as honest as the day is long. At least that's what the Israelis say and CNN. a reply to: TrustIsALie

I like your theory on them starting a war with them selves so to speak, but I honestly don't see that happening.

I honestly don't know how many innocent civilians died from Hamas attacks, but what I do know is they sent over 2000 rockets by now I'm sure. Does that not mean anything? Should we just shoot missiles all over the place as long as a country has a way to defend from it? I like your logic...

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: sosobad

a reply to: TinfoilTP

Maybe you could present them with the prize?? Since you and the ambassador have absolutely no clue as to what the Nobel peace prize means.

Kissinger got one, means anyone is eligible, just ask anyone here.

Do you know what the peace prize is? I didn't ask anything about former winners, how does one generally be eligible for the peace prize?

Do you know what hyperbole means?
Can one agree with anothers hyperbole, such as my agreeing with the Ambasador's?
Must you be taken by the hand and walked through every thread or is your ignorance willful?

Your first sentence from the post

He is totally correct.

I sorry but that ain't hyperbole, you are just using that excuse now because you got egg on your face. Don't be getting mad because I am calling you out on your bs, you want to get your point across? Then don't be agreeing with idiotic statements.

I must take you by the hand yet again, follow along now and leave your pretended ignorance behind. My first sentence is me agreeing with the Ambassador's hyperbole, which is the use of the nobel peace prize to highlight Israel's restraint.

You totally agreeing with the statement makes you look like you are saying it is true how are you not getting that? And you do not have to lead anyone by the hand, you are disingenuous manipulative and lie, you have been caught out on a few threads pushing lies now, the ambulances, the kids tv show.Quite frankly it scares me that you are allow access to the internet let alone talk to other human beings when you are so grossly misinformed about nearly everything.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Maybe you could present them with the prize?? Since you and the ambassador have absolutely no clue as to what the Nobel peace prize means.

Do you know what the peace prize is? I didn't ask anything about former winners, how does one generally be eligible for the peace prize?

Can one agree with anothers hyperbole, such as my agreeing with the Ambasador's?
Must you be taken by the hand and walked through every thread or is your ignorance willful?

He is totally correct.

I sorry but that ain't hyperbole, you are just using that excuse now because you got egg on your face. Don't be getting mad because I am calling you out on your bs, you want to get your point across? Then don't be agreeing with idiotic statements.

I must take you by the hand yet again, follow along now and leave your pretended ignorance behind. My first sentence is me agreeing with the Ambassador's hyperbole, which is the use of the nobel peace prize to highlight Israel's restraint.

it scares me that you are allow access to the internet let alone talk to other human beings when you are so grossly misinformed about nearly everything.

Oh so you advocate internet bans for anyone with opposing opinions than yours....got it, glad you laid your radicalism on the table.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Are the leaders in Israel stark raving mad???????? People around the world are turning against them in mass. This will lead to countries being against them in mass.

A PR nightmare is what I said in another thread. This does not even do it justice. Are these people so arrogant and self involved they can not even see this simple..........SIMPLE fact. I am sorry to yell but I have defended Israel many times on this board and to be honest they no longer have my support. And yes I understand the other side is filled with crazy people also. That is why you "MUST" take the high road so you do not sink into the very pit you are trying to save yourself from.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

He is totally correct.

it scares me that you are allow access to the internet let alone talk to other human beings when you are so grossly misinformed about nearly everything.

Oh so you advocate internet bans for anyone with opposing opinions than yours....got it, glad you laid your radicalism on the table.

No no just you

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

arafat also.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TrustIsALie

Rockets or Missiles ?

Flat out fact, this situation was designed LONG AGO, to be exactly how it is now.

Very nice design, followed to a tee, and can even be seen in many books written in the late 1800's.

Much deeper thinking into how the world gets into these kinds of energy zones should be done, it is like Kindergarten for me, I can see that it is all for a cause, that none of the participants seem to be aware of, and that was engineered in, as part of the "Ceremony".

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Even if these hospitals and schools house hamas weapons as ive seen claimed by some. Wouldn't it be a more effective strategy to send in special force units to take control of the facilities instead of bombing them to rubble. If theres a chance even a few civilians are inside it seems this would be the best strategy.

If they did this they could keep the civilians alive plus take control of the weapons.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Strictsum

Nearly 2 million people in under 140 sq. miles of Gaza Strip. Israel can't 'just' do something there without making a tragic sequel to Blackhawk Down with a far worse ending for all concerned, I'd guess.

I mean, it's small streets, dense housing and just outnumbered to stupid levels. Airstrike is about all I can see which isn't suicide unless there is a division on call to support the operation.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

He is totally correct.

No no just you

Oh so now it is some form of intimidation you have an urge to employ by singling individuals out.
Mighty radical of you but it is a sign of defeat in a public debate.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrustIsALie

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
How many Israeli citizens has died in the rocket attacks? Seems to me most of the time these " rockets" land in places where people arent. The street, a parked car, side of an unoccupied building. Would'nt surprise me if Israel was shooting them at themsleves in order to further the eradication of the people of Palestine. Nah, Israel is as honest as the day is long. At least that's what the Israelis say and CNN. a reply to: TrustIsALie

I like your theory on them starting a war with them selves so to speak, but I honestly don't see that happening.

I honestly don't know how many innocent civilians died from Hamas attacks, but what I do know is they sent over 2000 rockets by now I'm sure. Does that not mean anything? Should we just shoot missiles all over the place as long as a country has a way to defend from it? I like your logic...

it's ok because the rockets don't kill anyone or enough israeli's for israel to defend itself, according to some people here.

it's response is way out of proportion, i guess.

maybe hamas should try catapults and siege machines?

they seemed to work pretty good in the movies.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

He is totally correct.

You totally agreeing with the statement makes you look like you are saying it is true how are you not getting that? And you do not have to lead anyone by the hand, you are disingenuous manipulative and lie, you have been caught out on a few threads pushing lies now, the ambulances, the kids tv show.Quite frankly it scares me that you are allow access to the internet let alone talk to other human beings when you are so grossly misinformed about nearly everything.

i understood what tinfoiltp was saying.

maybe if you weren't so blinded by israel hating, you could have seen it too.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

He is totally correct.

No no just you

Oh so now it is some form of intimidation you have an urge to employ by singling individuals out.
Mighty radical of you but it is a sign of defeat in a public debate.

No singling out of individuals here, I called you on your bs here and on other threads, you like to push lies and deceive and I will call you put on it. If you use dirty tactics to try and make a point don't get offended and try to take the moral high ground, you ain't allowed.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao

He is totally correct.

i understood what tinfoiltp was saying.

maybe if you weren't so blinded by israel hating, you could have seen it too.

Of course you did because you hate the Palestinians just as much as he does

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

I will admit I dont have the answer to ending this but there has to be a better way than bombing the bejesus out of a tiny place with millions of civilians covering every inch of ground that they have been given.

Im not pro isreal or palestine but the current bombing situation is out of proportion and just plain wrong on so many levels its sad.

ETA/ you mentioned the result of blackhawk down as to why isreal couldn't send in special ops to secure at least schools and hospitals instead of bombing them. The number of American hereos who lost their life in BHD was 18. If Isreal would conduct similar ops to save civilians in schools and hospitals and had casualties in similar numbers to black hawk down they couldve saved hundreds if not thousands of civilian lives.

I believe many would accept the casualty rate as acceptable compared to lives saved.

I am just a layman thinking outloud, of course I wish not one casualty was needed but this is not the world we live in.

edit on 24-7-2014 by Strictsum because: added content

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Strictsum

I couldn't agree more to there needing to be a better way, and I don't hold Israeli leaders in much higher regard than I do the people they are fighting. One has become too much like the other, in at least those levels where this is all happening and being decided.

Having said that, Israel still stands on the higher ground for this, in my view. The ground may be a fire ant hill, but it's still a bit higher. Why? They aren't rocketing and launching small missiles to open these fights. Hamas is.

If Hamas would stop rocketing into the Iron Dome system in what will be a valid effort to economically hurt Israel with too much at this tempo, then the world COULD get mad at Tel Aviv and keep a straight face while doing it.

As long as Israel is put in the defensive position of reaction to captured soldiers (in some past cases) or tantrums with warheads and guidance systems whenever Hamas gets pissed? It's more than a little difficult to say it's even a balanced blame, let alone anything like one sided. Just my thinking, but the civilians of both sides are all who are getting hurt. The leaders seem to like all this a bit too much.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Agreed the governments seem to enjoy it. like its a video game instead of human beings being killed. I wish I had the answer but thousands of years of war will not end with an easy answer and will probably never end, it is unfortunate for all involved.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

So how much does uncle scam pay you ? or do you actually believe all the bovine fecal matter you spout ?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join