It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science identifies 108 genome triggers for Schitzophrenia....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
home.mytelus.com...

From the Article.....Scientists have been studying the genomic triggers for this debilitating mental condition for the last few years in a world wide project.
They have compared 37000 samples from Schitzoid patients, with over 100,000 normal samples....
The findings show 108 different genomes which play a role in the disease....As well they have found links to the immune system....though what that entails is yet to be discovered....
This is promising for future treatment, and diagnosis for preventative measures......
As 1% of the population suffers from some form of the disease....it would be of great social benefit to find amelioration for the victims....
Visit the article for details....
The hope is signifigant strides in getting to the bottom of causatives....Though other circumstances do also play a role in the mix....

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

What would be interesting would be comparing these genomic markers and specifically the enzymes, transporters and g coupled receptors etc. with the set of enzymes ,... that are inhibited, disregulated and deformed by Mercury, Aluminium, Fluoride (as ions), Aluminium Fluoride and the rest of evil metal cast of unsavories.

I'd be willing to bet some real money the the overlap will be significant to 'smoking gun''. From a small data set of personal experience and friendly experimentation, I've developed the suspicion that a lot of mental issues, auto-immune diseases, metabolic syndrome and degenerative diseases are actually artificially acquired by toxicities that would in many cases functionally mimic genetic variants of the disease.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I am pretty certain that there are external catalysts to these genomes and others that causes reactions, such as recent studies have found compounds in cann*bis that are reactionary to those susceptible.

Given that there have been government experimentation with such things for many many years ('___' etc) (didn't know that edit, that read L*S*D) it wouldn't be surprising to find that there is far more knowledge on such reactions than are released to the public.
edit on 22-7-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Id say you are out to lunch there kiddo....but further study may be required to convince people its not the psychedelics that are making schitzoid people its precursive genes that trigger through physical and situational stresses to produce the result......

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Medical science isn't interested in curing us.

There is far more money in perpetuating illness than in curing it.

Big Pharma makes so much money off of health care that it isn't in anyone's interest to 'cure' anything.

Drug companies are only interested in keeping us hooked on their products and bilking us out of as much money as they can.

All they care about is depopulation...

"The medical cartel, at the highest level, is not out to help people, it is out to harm them, to weaken them. To kill them. At one point in my career, I had a long conversation with a man who occupied a high government position in an African nation. He told me that he was well aware of this. He told me that WHO is a front for these depopulation interests." The Medical Mafia

edit on 24-7-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

new topics

top topics

join