It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peace on earth good will toward men. Will it ever be possible?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I don't believe so.

I wish it were not so but I think it's within human nature to put the struggle for power and riches above wanting peace.

Too many people want to rule over others.

Maybe, MAYBE, if something so drastic happened like in the movies such as "Independence Day" that force all of humanity to pull together but I doubt it. Y9ou would still have somebody either trying to work WITH the aliens or try to rule what was left.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA You're right. I need to go listen to some Pantera later or Europe or Def Leppard or some such and lighten up. I love the energy of that kinda music and it helps me "burn" out frustrations sometimes. Is a crappy night here in swamp land. Hardly "peaceful" music for most folks but on nights when my mind is racing faster than my HEMI, it helps. LOL.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE
It should be possible now. The only thing that makes it impossible to have peace is a lack of resources. Since technology has givin us the ability to have enough resources for everyone. Now we just do it for greed.

I don't feel that's true. What stops it is the human need to be richer, more powerful & control people under you.

But that's just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: mwoodYes, wouldn't it be something if some major event would occur to cause all of mankind to come together...to learn to share and care and have hope in our hearts. Maybe I am just a dreamer but it feels good to dream a good dream once in a while. Too much of what we hear about in the here and now are nightmare scenarios. It is true as some have said, to accept what we have no control over. There are so many ways to look at the question I posed and the answers cannot be many because the problems of the world...well, just so many problems. Maybe seeking inner peace is the only answer.Thank you for your comment.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: mwood

originally posted by: ArtemisE
It should be possible now. The only thing that makes it impossible to have peace is a lack of resources. Since technology has givin us the ability to have enough resources for everyone. Now we just do it for greed.

I don't feel that's true. What stops it is the human need to be richer, more powerful & control people under you.

But that's just my opinion.

AKA....Greed! Lol

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: shrevegal

Not until humanity stops following the psychopaths they call leaders along with stops following the primitive superstion called religion.

Till then will be situation normal all fooked up ..

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888 So true Expat. I always like to read your posts. So many wars based on greed, religious beliefs, hate and stupidity. Control freaks and maniacs running countries too. Thanx for stopping by.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
the second poster has it right. it will involve massive bloodshed to the height of a horses bridle. It will take place in the middle east around Jerusalem and it will involve the return of the Prince of Peace. and that is the point man will never have peace and never has at any time.

True peace only comes when the prince of peace comes and sets up his kingdom.

anyone of you reading this that survives the return of the prince of peace will not like how that peace is maintained but it will be effective.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: shrevegal Is it perhaps a trait of man...something in our nature, our spirit, our DNA or some other reason as yet not given a name as to why we do the things we do?

It is called sin nature and every man has it.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn Thank you for replying and your answers ChesterJohn. As I mentioned earlier, I was trying to figure it all out...the whys and wherefores of it all. I was trying to put a name and/or label to it all. Sin can be added to the words and explanations. There are so many facets to it all...what makes man human or not and folks of a religious bent explain it very well. I myself still do not understand all of it but I appreciate your input. I can't seem to grasp the religious aspect to it all but that doesn't mean it doesn't have merit. I just don't know in my heart of hearts. I hope peace will come in our time. I was raised Roman Catholic and I remember those kinds of words being said on Sunday in church. I no longer attend but I respect the beliefs and some part of me still remembers and hopes and maybe even prays. I just don't know anymore or understand. Some kind of entity bringing peace and goodness would be wonderful. We will all have to just wait and see I suppose. I lost my faith but others that have faith...well, that sustains them and gives hope and that is a good thing that way. Regards and the best to you.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Well, I guess most folks are done responding and I thank you all for your comments and answers and help. I will check in another time to see if anything new gets posted. For now, I want to say how I wish and hope for a better world and for peace and happiness for us all. It is a dream of mine. I especially wish the best regards to all the folks here at ATS. You're a great bunch of people. No matter what we say or feel and what we agree on or not, it is good we can do so here. Love, Shrevegal

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb
Please forgive me, but I simply do not believe you. What I read was the posting of a miserable misanthropist, but like I said, I do not believe you. You claim that humanity has not advanced? That is preposterous. The fact that there will always be conflict is hardly the inevitability of nihilism. You are either a hopeful optimist or you are otherwise.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
No. It's like Heaven. Would you REALLY want to live there? It's boring. No tension, engulfed with "love" to the point of being a very happy moron with no progression whatsoever. Would you play an MMORPG with no quests, no goals, no achievements? Tele Tubbies is for children. Adults aren't attracted to such sophomoric inanities.

Life is a game. Really. This is not a metaphor or an analogy. Earth as we know it is a place we have chosen to come to act out our fantasies, to do and become whatever it is our higher selves have deemed important. From OUR standpoint it surely doesn't seem that way, but OUR standpoint is that of an avatar. We weren't consulted and from our higher selves's point of view, the whole idea is absurd. They believe we will understand in time and they also are quite sure we will participate exactly as they have because that is the true progression we are involved in. We all take our place doing it.

Part of the issue is to evoke your emotional responses: love, hate, sorrow, revulsion--all of them. The idea is to get you churning and boiling, to ranting, to feeling in a way that is impossible in any other state. You experience physical existence, and the rules state that you take the bad with the good. If that weren't so, you wouldn't be able to start a rant thread.

The rules also state that we are stuck in human bodies, which have an average IQ of 100. That's a fact by definition. We simply, as a race, are not that smart, and even if we know people who have an IQ above 130 and are therefore the top 2% of the population in terms of intelligence, it's obvious from looking at the decisions they make that they aren't all that smart either. None of us are. We are emotionally-driven creatures not designed to live in peace and happiness.

Now I am one unhappy Avatar. I don't like this system. To me the pleasures are not worth the suffering. Whomever designed this game is a vindictive and uncaring entity who EITHER thinks it is all very funny and doesn't really care two cents about what the avatars think about the game OR is under the delusion that avatars participating in this game will be helped to "grow." Listen to the psychics and the channeled entities and you get this sort of picture. We reincarnate to learn lessons. We're "in school" according to them. Even the organized religions are a variation on this theme, though they are sure to strip the individuals of any semblance of power.

Have you ever played a game where you created a character? Did you think the character was "real" to the point that you cared about what happened to them? Probably not, and even if you did, you knew it was a game all along. You participated in this delusion for your own amusement. We're no different than our creator. We pull the same crap.

And the thing is, we seem compelled to do it. We make models of life. We make dollhouses, model railroads, indeed, models of our entire lives. In the software gaming world, we model entire planets, then put our avatars (symbols of ourselves) INTO the game and "play" with them. What do they do? Have adventures, including conflicts. They divide into factions, Empire and Republic, and slay enemies and monsters, conquer territory, advance themselves by levels, group with other avatars to play.

It's what we do. We do what has been done to us.

Many of the answers here are completely superficial. They think life is real. They assume peace and harmony is the goal. They assume that people are actually striving for this goal. AND they think the goal is worthy and desirable. They also assume that everyone around them is the problem, but if everyone thought like THEY did, everything would be peachy.

But it wouldn't. We reincarnate to have adventures. We want to see and hear and smell and taste, to fight and die "for a cause" because from our standpoint elsewhere, that's the game. That's the adventure we seek. And from our standpoint elsewhere, alongside those who are directing our little game, we know no one really dies and no one really suffers all that long, and it's all a game anyway where we have all agreed to participate and meet back on the other side. Our enemies aren't really our enemies. They are our friends who have agreed to play a role in our little fantasies here on Earth.

I know you won't believe me. It doesn't really matter. It might spoil your game if you did. Besides, you'll know the truth soon enough.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

You said it best here: "To think like that is to be a dreamer" . This from a peace-nik from way back when we thought we could change the world...We couldnt.

There 1st must be a majority of humans that want it...and so far? There are way more that dont care added to those who want and prevail with war and war and death.

You are right to want it, right to advocate it, right to see the world as it could be...but unfortunately? We have to live this way of war because theres just not enough of us world-wide...to change things...

Peace, MS

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler Hi schuyler, I'm not sure I understood all of what you have stated but I think I got the gist relevant to some of it. I mentioned in a post somewhere about life being a game with kings and queens and pawns and mostly, a "rigged" game at that. Unfortunately, many of our psychopathic leaders realize that too. Most Psychopaths enjoy "games" and see most everything as a "game". I wonder what that says for some of the human race.

I do believe you in that some of us on some level of existence do agree to come here...learn our lessons and live and leave. I definitely remember agreeing to come here but not in the way you may think...not the reincarnation scenario. If I told you the scenario...well, you wouldn't believe me either, LOL.

We are all a crumb of bread on the loaf of life...actors on the world stage. I get that. Maybe life is but a dream. I am the dreamer, you are the dream. In my "reality", such as what I believe at the time, in mine, be it dream or real, I would be happy to see love and joy and peace prevail. But, that is "my" reality and/or dream. Perhaps we are all islands unto ourselves. No matter our IQ, as you say, who among us can really figure it all out. Heaven AND earth may just well be a non reality, an illusion in the minds eye. I don't know.

As you mentioned, maybe we would be bored and not happy without conflict and challenge and hardship in our lives...yet, it doesn't feel wrong to try and strive for same to an extent. As Expat put it, there are things we cannot control...best to live our lives in whatever our reality is...to the fullest...and that is what I do. I have done and seen many things and been to many places and perhaps that is the main thing in life. Man is what he is...the world is what it is and it all...."is what it is".

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger Hi mysterioustranger, I like what you have to say always. I have read your posts at other threads as well and what you say resonates with me. We are all here...whether for good, bad, or otherwise. Existence, the good, the bad, the ugly of it...is all we have and all we know in the here and now. In the scheme of things, life is often what we make of it and as some have mentioned, the peace we seek may only exist in ourselves. That may be what we must seek and nurture and realize.

Wow, deep thoughts going on in my noggin today. LOL.

Anyhow, folks such as yourself and many others I have met here at ATS help in giving me direction and understanding and support in so many ways. I appreciate that! We are all "in this together" and I suddenly realized that when I meet good people that are kind of heart and gentle of spirit and caring and helpful people....that is what is really important. The world will probably always be what it will be but connecting with people that make a difference in ones life....that may be the most important thing of all. All the s@%* of the world and all the wars and sadness of the world can't take that away. Connecting with good people, even on the tiniest level may be the answer I seek...what we all seek. Humanity reaching out, even in baby steps...caring and sharing, and understanding one another...that's it! Perhaps trying to look at the bigger picture is where I err and things become a blur. There ARE some good people in this world...no matter how much the big picture may make us think/feel otherwise.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Thank you. Im reminded of a song lyric from the 1960's. Several in fact. (Sorry, sometimes its how my rock n roll group days flashbacks kick in...) but I digress...one is "Heaven is in your mind"...meaning I suppose this world is as good and bad as it is both ways...its what we make of it.

The problem with that is not everyone seems to want the same things at the same time. And with wars? Wars kill people...and so we struggle trying to make a bettter world. So, heaven is in your mind, you know?

And the other was "everyone wants to go to heaven...but nobody wants to die". I think with peace? We all want it...we crave it...and the world really really NEEDS it right now....but Im afraid people want it on terms we...and the "bad guys" wont concede.

The biggest regret I have is that I most likely will not see real peace in my time...Still, we can make life the way we want it for ourselves...and hopefully change a few minds along the way.

Peace, Love n Light...Always MS

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustrangerHi MS, So true...wouldn't it be great if "peace" broke out in our time...if they tried to have a war and nobody came. How grand it would be to know that kids of the future would no longer have to live in fear of war and all the horrors that war brings.

I find myself thinking of songs from my rocker days too. "Imagine" by Lennon is one...though, most folks say that song is about the NWO. Maybe so, I don't know. I like "Stairway to Heaven", it was not exactly about what we are relating to but I liked it...it was about the only song I could master on my guitar...a natural at music, I am not.
I remember the World Aid concerts of years ago and I guess it was supposed to be about uniting the world in various ways...an exercise in futility...but maybe not. Some of us still remember the messages the various performers tried to convey. There are some groups of today that try to put the message out too.

They say that music soothes the soul of the savage beast. Would that it could. They say that Math is the universal language. What if it was music instead. I digress...just trying to lighten up I guess. I got very caught up today in the Gaza horror stories and reading about all the world wide protests against it all....kinda bummed me out for a bit...relevant to all that suffering. Glad you brought music up. I think I'll get into some tunes later. Thanx for your nice replies, Love and Light and regards and the best always friend.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Thanks for the kind reply. I dont know about changing the world here but, I may never write the great novel, or sing the greatest song...paint the most awesome painting...but if I can make some kind of difference for someone somewhere, I'd be happy.

War and Peace? (sigh)...there is too much invested in the war-end of it...its they who spend money for more weaponry, more plans and greater armies...and contingent plans for when they get the lower hand in battles...its all very involved. If we could get as much going for the peace-end of it? What a wonderful world this would be!

Try each day to change someones life in some little way...its not much...but its something...one person at a time.

MS

top topics

<< 1   >>

join