It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sheppard - geronimo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
i've spent a lot of time over the last few weeks delving into a lot of tinfoil material
some of this involves watching the news on the TV in the mornings/late at night

as i was going through a particularly dark patch, all of a sudden, out of nowhere, there was a little ray of light..

the TV station must've had some dead space, they sometimes throw in highlights from their news shows as filler when this happens..
so i'm sitting there (minding my own the worlds business) & i hear some newslady spruiking a music act, kinda thinking to myself "#.. i don't wanna hear the latest illuminati jingle just now"

then this music starts playing.. and something just HITS ME straight away..
so i listen to it & see where it's going..

i'm a person who grew up on carcass & deicide etc (but stopped listening to just about EVERYTHING a few years back when all the tinfoil material started making sense)
did some cursory investimagations on the band, their album, etc
i'm in two minds about the content & the band but the song was powerful & loaded with subtext
it made me sad & happy at the same time

well.. here's a link to their official youtube music video, if anyone is interested in this "stuff" feel free to give some feedback on your interpretations of the lyrics & what you think the song is about?

..it made me think of a person who has a relationship with jesus?
i've had the thing on a continual loop all morning

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: UNIT76

oh, so it's going to be one of *those* topics

/crickets

well, this is just a note for the archeologists of the future when they come digging for links to the past

i don't know what music will be like in your time..
..but the song here begins with traditional folksy music that people used to play with these things called "instruments"
although by now, you future guys are probably more comfortable with that term in a clinical setting, the lost meaning (reference in our time) was oft used to describe something we 21st century humans would use to "create", like you guys might "create" an incision with one of your sharp mean future tools, these 21st "musician" folks "created" "music" with these "instruments"

"Geronimo"

Can you feel it?
Now it's coming back we can steal it.
If we bridge this gap,
I can see you
Through the curtains of the waterfall.

When I lost it,
Yeah you held my hand,
But I tossed it,
Didn't understand,
You were waiting,
As I dove into the waterfall.

So say Geronimo!
Say Geronimo!
Say Geronimo!
Say Geronimo!
Say Geronimo!
Say Geronimo!
Say Geronimo!

Can you feel my love?
Bombs away,
Bombs away,
Bombs away.
Can you feel my love?
Bombs away,
Bombs away,
Bombs away,
Say Geronimo!

Well we rushed it,
Moving away to fast.
That we crushed it,
But it's in the past.
We can make this leap,

So Say Geronimo!
Say Geronimo!
Say Geronimo!
Say Geronimo!
Say Geronimo!
Say Geronimo!
Say Geronimo!

Can you feel my love?
Bombs away,
Bombs away,
Bombs away.
Can you feel my love?
Bombs away,
Bombs away,
Bombs away.

Well I'm just a boy,
With a broken toy,
All lost and coy,
At the curtains of the waterfall.
So it's here I stand,
As a broken man,
But I've found my friend,

Now I'm falling down,
Through the crashing sound.
And you've come around,

And you rushed to me,
And it sets us free.
So I fall to my knees,

So Say Geronimo!
Say Geronimo!
Say Geronimo!
Say Geronimo!
Say Geronimo!
Say Geronimo!
Say Geronimo!

[align=center]
Can you feel (Say Geronimo! [x4]) my love?
Bombs away! [x3] (Say Geronimo! [x4])
Can you feel (make this leap [x3]) my love? Make this leap.
Can you feel my love?
[/align]

ok .. uhh.. well..

Can you feel it?
Now it's coming back we can steal it.
If we bridge this gap,
I can see you

can you "feel" it implies something beyond mere sight & recognition
it's coming back (too easy.. "revival", jesus.. take your pick.. or just a "relationship" in general)
we can steal it (hmm, well it does get the message across of ownership & control)
bridging a gap is obvious (again there's an embedded "jesus" reference to extrapolate)
i can see you (since the gap was just bridged, i'm not surprised, i can see you too)
the curtains of the waterfall- well, to cut a long story short that's our triptych doorway, water was referenced; anyone keen on jesus or schooled in the occult knows what this all means
(you can maybe see why i'm in (correction) was in two minds on the song? ..this message is read past tense, addressed to some far off future explorer.. all of this can "simply" be transposed over to a song about a relationship with another person, a love interest)

When I lost it,
Yeah you held my hand,
But I tossed it,
Didn't understand,
You were waiting,
As I dove into the waterfall.

moe syzlak: "now this is gravel.. g-r-a-v-e-l" (just kidding, folks)
when i lost it (ah, we all do that when we first start "the relationship", don't we?)
held my hand (too easy)
tossed it (ah, we all do that when we first start have been in "the relationship" for a while, don't we?)
didn't understand (too easy)
you were waiting (too easy)
as i dove into the waterfall (the reference to "entering", but this time.. there's no turning back, gravity & stuff)

the "geronimo" bits & "bombs away" bits are juxtapositions to the "mellow" nature of the song
"geronimo" is something that's yelled when entering into the fray
"bombs away" is another reference to diving, commited action and resultant explosion
the resultant explosion is; "can you feel the love"

the rest of the song should make more sense now, why i'm in two minds about the song being merely about a relationship with another person or a relationship with jesus christ

thanks for reading, future explorer

if there's some kinda sharp wooden stick around here i think you're supposed to drive that into my dusty remains (they should be nearby here) so my spirit can rest or some # like that

ps: please don't use your magic pistol to reanimate me, i don't know how my name ended up written in a block of solid cement either, "it was the 60's 21st century man"

edit on 20-7-2014 by UNIT76 because: had to edit the bbcode after all (even tho' i checked to make sure it was all formatted
correctly multiple times in the previews) hurp

this is why in the "real world" i usually say said about 2-3 sentences per day if i can could help it

i think there were many folks who felt this way during the 21st century? i think they just kept all this stuff to themselves for the most part? ...me? i just pooped where poop seemed necessary? you can see i made a few posts here at ATS *giggles*

/dancing banana-man smiley
edit on 20-7-2014 by UNIT76 because: fork me, i'm done

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
That was very entertaining to read! hahahah It is really too bad that the YouTube account user chose for that content to be unavailable in my country. It is odd how they can choose that. I should also add as a side note that music is sadly overlooked nowadays because of content oversaturation. It has become devalued and many musicians feel this and talk about it. In many ways sharing multimedia online has become so widespread that it comes across to other people as something akin to commercial advertising, where we are accustomed to sort of tune it out. "Oh, I should totally check that out" - but never do!

I enjoy the lyrics in a different way that is not like a relationship to Jesus Christ. Although I was raised Christian and am still programmed in many ways to think along Christian lines, like saying ritualistic prayers in the name of God etc, I do not have a dedicated relationship with Christ per se. I am more of a pagan, perhaps.

But I do like the metaphor of being lost at the edge of a waterfall and making the leap and bridging a gap. It almost sounds interdimensional, like a shift from physics to metaphysics. Life to death, perhaps, with the soul intact. It also reminds me a bit of the 'Days of Future Past' sequence I posted yesterday. Time travel etc.

I had a dream once where history culminated as a rushing river full of rapids and general chaos, and just at the edge of the waterfall, where everything would presumably fall into a horrifying death, UFOs hovered above to rescue certain people before going over the edge.

A lifeline...

join