It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Live : 218 : Ukraine. RT, Israel, NASA, Sickness, Trees, Water Woes, Siberian Mystery & 10 Thin

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Speaking of media

This is painful to watch as it was LIVE.

www.nationalreview.com...

I almost feel sorry for her.

WATCH the video.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Good first segment!!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Hey i can't make it tnite im in Redwood territory hugging the s...t out the trees.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Thank you for another great show! The airliner segment was
extremely educational & interesting as there are so many players
& still so many unanswered questions. Thank you for another
great evening & another opportunity to make me own mind think!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I'm waiting to hear Garth's quote from Thursday night regarding the water situation which was discussed then... :-)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
You guys don't know how awesome it is that AstroStu is giving you input

Science, for the win, lol.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The hole to hell

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Thanks for listening folks

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Great show!

Thanks for having me again. I had a blast.

~ Cirque

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
How can someone mistake an airliner in the gulf ?

Pretty much like how these guys did.

On September 1, 1983, the airliner serving the flight was shot down by a Soviet Su-15 interceptor near Moneron Island, west of Sakhalin Island, in the Sea of Japan.

en.wikipedia.org...

Things happen, neo. Not 5 years later in the Gulf and after the incident you describe, which might have put people on their toes to prevent another such incident, an A300 Airbus was mistaken for an attacking fighter jet and had missiles launched against it taking it down and killing all 290 on board.

Iran Air Flight 655 was an Iran Air civilian passenger flight from Tehran to Dubai that was shot down by the United States Navy guided missile cruiser USS Vincennes on 3 July 1988. The attack took place in Iranian airspace, over Iran's territorial waters in the Persian Gulf, and on the flight's usual flight path. The aircraft, an Airbus A300 B2-203, was destroyed by SM-2MR surface-to-air missiles fired from the Vincennes.

According to the United States Government, the crew incorrectly identified the Iranian Airbus A300 as an attacking F-14 Tomcat fighter (a plane made in the United States and operated at that time by only two forces worldwide, the United States Navy and the Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force).

And of course there was a perfectly logical reason for the foul-up, something that could happen to anybody, so we felt no need to apologize for it.

When questioned in a 2000 BBC documentary, the U.S. government stated in a written answer that they believed the incident may have been caused by a simultaneous psychological condition amongst the 18 bridge crew of the Vincennes called 'scenario fulfillment', which is said to occur when persons are under pressure. In such a situation, the men will carry out a training scenario, believing it to be reality while ignoring sensory information that contradicts the scenario. In the case of this incident, the scenario was an attack by a lone military aircraft.

George H. W. Bush, the vice president of the United States at the time commented on the incident during a presidential campaign function (2 Aug 1988): "I will never apologize for the United States — I don't care what the facts are... I'm not an apologize-for-America kind of guy."

en.wikipedia.org...

So, you see, stuff just happens.

edit on 20-7-2014 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Nvm. Posted in error
edit on 20/7/14 by neformore because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join