It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breathing The Air In Venezuela? Prepare To Pay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I just had to post this article.

Is this a sign of the times, if one airport gets away with this insanity more over the world will follow.

Then supermarkets will cash in, Cinemas, Govt buildings. Keep the list going until you will have to pay to walk outside your front door.

www.zerohedge.com...

Oh if you think their kidding, read this article.

A high-ranking Washington legislator has added insult to injury in his support for a bike tax by claiming that bicycling is not environmentally friendly because people who ride bikes pollute the air when they breathe.

bikeportland.org...

edit on 16-7-2014 by keenasbro because: to add link

Wait, I just found this gem.

The Transportation Security Administration’s fee – known as the ‘Civil Aviation Security’ or the ‘9/11 Security’ fee – helps fund the agency. But according to the budget agreement that reopened the federal government after its October shutdown, the fee will increase to as much as $22.40 per trip. That money will go to the US Treasury to help pay the federal deficit, which is estimated to be $649 billion in 2014. That bipartisan deal also eliminated a separate TSA fee that generated $420 million a year for the agency.

rt.com...
edit on 16-7-2014 by keenasbro because: to add link

edit on 16-7-2014 by keenasbro because: spelling

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: keenasbro

who would have thought...this ridiculous.....I thought ozone was bad for people

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I hope Maiquetia International Airport has only stainless steel inside. Ozone increases oxydization, re rust, aluminum oxides, copper oxides, can adversely effect and breakdown some plastics, etc. Wonder what they are going to say when the ATCC can't function because of connection failures?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Send them a PM Dave, see if they on top of this.

Then again don't, they will charge another fee for the upgrade.

Can't win

a reply to: bobs_uruncle

edit on 16-7-2014 by keenasbro because: no reason

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

They are going to charge $20 tax for this. Heres a great new business for someone, Oxygen in a can about costs about $10, stand outside and sell them for $15.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: research100

who would have thought...this ridiculous.....I thought ozone was bad for people

If you inhale it directly yeah .. but it can be used to purify the air in a building.. you can buy small ozone generators for your house.. there is a debate on exactly how useful they actually are though..

I don't view this as paying to breathe, but I do see it as a tax/fee to help cover costs of new equipment which happens a lot... a convenience fee of sorts.. not justifying it! I just don't like the twist thrown on it that you have to pay to breathe in Venezuela.. the title is very very misleading
edit on 7/16/2014 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: keenasbro
Send them a PM Dave, see if they on top of this.

Then again don't, they will charge another fee for the upgrade.

Can't win

a reply to: bobs_uruncle

LOL, yeah that'll do something. I once made a plastic pipe based 30 foot long ozone generator wrapped in foil with a center anode and pumped O2 through it into a ozone analyzer and container. The container started leaking, broke open and the whole lab had to be evacuated and aired out for 4 hours. When we got back in, every piece of steel, iron, aluminum and copper was oxidized and all the connectors in the computers, the wall receptacles, etc had to be cleaned. We just threw the phones away and got new ones. Ozone can be pretty dangerous when it is out of control.

I was producing 47% by weight ozone at about 1.3 liters per second, it was a lot of ozone.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 7/16.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join