It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's Magnetic Field Is Weakening 10 Times Faster Now !

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

So when the dogs don't know which way to poop our time on earth is up?
I didn't see that one coming.

Dogs poop in alignment with Earth’s magnetic field, study finds
www.pbs.org...
edit on 13-7-2014 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: JoeTheJoe

I did say 'I wasn't an expert'.

I was just offering up a possible cause.

You did, and that's ok friend.

It's just that many people use that "I'm not an expert, but..." statement as an excuse to spread false information. I'm not saying that's your case; still I like to set the record straight with available facts and figures so anyone reading can reach an informed conclusion.

I hope you learned something though, sincerely.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Scientists already know that magnetic north shifts. Once every few hundred thousand years the magnetic poles flip so that a compass would point south instead of north. While changes in magnetic field strength are part of this normal flipping cycle, data from Swarm have shown the field is starting to weaken faster than in the past. Previously, researchers estimated the field was weakening about 5 percent per century, but the new data revealed the field is actually weakening at 5 percent per decade, or 10 times faster than thought. As such, rather than the full flip occurring in about 2,000 years, as was predicted, the new data suggest it could happen sooner.

Floberghagen hopes that more data from Swarm will shed light on why the field is weakening faster now.

Still, there is no evidence that a weakened magnetic field would result in a doomsday for Earth. During past polarity flips there were no mass extinctions or evidence of radiation damage. Researchers think power grids and communication systems would be most at risk.

www.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Yes there is no evidence it is a doomsday event.
however many things were not written down as they happened..
one cannot deny there is a serious change going on..I guess in the real picture of things is
how are we going to adapt if we will survive as a human race?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join