It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

starting a topic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
i have no problem talking to just any girls and i can always seem to find something to talk about. but there is this girl i like whom i can't seem to talk for 3 minutes. i tried to start up something interesting but it always fell short. can anyone help me?

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:14 AM
link   
This is going to sound cheesy 2009, but start with the basics. When you see her, ask her how her day is going. Most of the time this can lead to a great many things to talk about. If she gives you short answers like "My day is going fine" then follow up with more direct questions like how are your classes going (if she is in school) or how is your job going? If you keep up with direct questions at some point you will be able to ask more questions with the answers she gives you.

1.Find common ground - by doing this you will be able to express interest in her and her activities. If she tells you that she is having trouble in a class, then ask why.

2. Relate to her - When she responds to questions, try to find a way that you can relate to her and let her know.

3. Be Real - Don't try to act like someone your not. When trying to relate to her, be sincere and dont feed her any BS. Women are very good at detecting fakes!

and last but not least, BE YOURSELF. Same as being real, but treat her like you would like to be treated.

And if she blows you off, then forgot about her and move on. It just wasn't meant to be!

A lot depends on how old you are. There are many different things that you can do, but some of it depends on how old you are and how mature you and her are. So start with the basics and see where that leads ya.

join