It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are Armed “International Security” Personnel Now Arresting American Citizens?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: EvillerBob

Arrest means to charge with a crime, and either cite and release or process into jail.

Detain means to stop.

Detain and interview is to stop and ask questions. This is usually were Miranda Rights are given.

Intriguing, thank you. It's a slightly different approach than here, where arrests are used as part of the investigative process with charging being a separate issue.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ZeroReady

So it's like an amateur night contest.

Very dangerous.

I bet the pay is trash too.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

originally posted by: LadySkadi
Ok, well there's not a lot of details that can be backed up in that piece (intentionally?)

but it is all written out in the training manual: California BSIS... pg 13 if you care to read that far.

security guard/proprietary private security officer’s AUTHORITY to make a citizen’s arrest. (Penal Code §841)

In the uk anyone can make a citizen’s arrest...if the villain allows it! I can say "I am arresting you bla bla" but I cant lay a single finger on them. Is it the same where you are?

You can make a citizen’s arrest true.

You can block the person from leaving true

But you can not lay a single finger on them. true

But there is a loophole.

If the person that you have placed under citizen’s arrest uses force on the person making the citizen’s arrest all rules are off.
And the person attacked can defend them self with the any help needed.

One place i know of when they have a shoplifter they call a code 99.

All the big guys working there surround the shoplifter so that there is no ways for him to leave.

The shoplifter has only two things he can do.
One is to give up and the other is to use force to TRY to get away.
If he uses force he will get beaten down in self defense.
Then the arrested gets charged with assault on top of the shoplifting.
And its a assault charge for every person he hits.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
downsizing the federal government by privatization: www.downsizinggovernment.org...

i've elaborated in a prior post but seems like we are stuck on what "detain" means -

Last summer, residents of Maywood, Calif., woke up one morning to find the government as they knew it gone. After years of corruption and mismanagement, the small, blue-collar city south of Los Angeles fired almost all of its employees, dismantled its police department and contracted with a neighboring city to take over most municipal tasks. On July 1, local officials announced that Maywood had become the country’s first city to be fully outsourced.
www.governing.com...

It may also mean

government outsourcing of services or functions to private firms, e.g. revenue collection, law enforcement, and prison management

.[1]
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: sicksonezer0

This is actually pretty similar to many areas of Pennsylvania where there are groups of houses like randomly in the woods they can be small or large like miniature towns. There is no real town police department. There are state police but their barracks are usually very far away.So these areas must use armed security companies that act as the police and they do have all the same powers of the police. they carry a gun, cuffs, baton, radio, bullet proof vest they can detain you, they can pull you over and they can shoot you. I don't know where you live but since when are police held accountable for anything?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well OP... You align with the political party that constantly pushes to privatize government function, like the political system (Citizens United), public utilities, our prison system and security/police.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: musselwhite

Downsize the Federal government by giving it's responsibilities and revenue to private forces who cannot be voted out or killed frankly.

SMART!

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: spurgeonatorsrevenge

Well OP... You align with the political party that constantly pushes to privatize government function, like the political system (Citizens United), public utilities, our prison system and security/police.

Assuming you are referring to Republicans, well I ain't.

Reason: The Republican Party is Left of Center on a national scale. Only some localities might actually be at least semi-Conservative.

I wonder how many of these "Local" districts are in the good hands of Democrats ?

We know that the highest crime areas in the country all have Democrat voting majorities.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
When I worked on the oil fields the private security company could issue traffic tickets that were just as legit as a bonified police officer. This was over 10 years ago. This isn't anything new.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: spurgeonatorsrevenge from what i've read, various governments have been outsourcing public services to the private sector back as far as the 80's.

Privatizing to Save Money and Time Various governments -- from small towns all the way up to federal agencies -- have been sending public services to the private sector since the 1980s. The trend stems from the common belief that private companies can help governments save or make money by doing jobs faster and cheaper, or managing a public asset more efficiently.
www.governing.com...

well, that sounds good; however, we have this to consider:

The Effects of Inefficient Outsourcing

No industry has gone through greater outsourcing catastrophes in the past year than government IT

. Last fall, Texas cut short its seven-year contract with IBM, an $863 million deal that called for IBM to provide data center and disaster recovery services for 27 state agencies. When an audit criticized the state’s Department of Information Resources for lax oversight, inadequate staffing and sloppy service, the partnership fell apart. In Virginia, the state’s 10-year, $2.3 billion IT contract with Northrop Grumman to run the state’s computers, servers, e-mail systems and help desk services also has been plagued by inadequate planning, cost overruns and poor service.
same link

i do have a problem with the security industry - i'm sure you remember february 26, 2012 (george zimmerman)

Watching the Watchers: The Growing Privatization of Criminal Law Enforcement and the Need for Limits on Neighborhood Watch Associations
www.umassd.edu...

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I would like to hear from those serving now - and veterans - what they think the practical implications of PC are in 2014? What - in your opinion - is the current state of affairs PRACTICALLY with respect to PC?

Administration after administration, Democrat and Republican have been making it pretty clear that they see PC something "They could work AROUND" and have been working to turn PC into a paper-tiger.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join