It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the 2012 hoax killed ufology?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Now i know theres always the ``odd blurry orb video of lakes over lake eerie`` or a random mufon report.. yawn (doesnt impress me in the slightest)

But the core of all the convincing cases are all many decades old, always hearsay etc. okay not going to get into that but the point is

Even over the last decade theres always been SOMETHING, be it chicago ohaire airport, the `norway spiral` the `ufo knocking over windspiral in the uk` weird crop circles, the `turkish aliens in ufo`.
i can go on and on,
the point is, there has always been something interesting, even if they came to nothing

Now there is absolutlly nothing, and please dont tell me to recycle washed up cases of rendelsham forest
or to `look through mufon reports`

There really is zilch happening, and the longer this huge lull period carries on, the harder it is for me to get into it anymore, i barely even look at ufo threads as its mainly random dots of line, or recycled nonsense.

Has there ever been a period like this in modern times where there is just nothing.

I honestly think that the 20 december 2012 which came to nothing, for me has killed most peoples interest in ufos/ aliens/ ancient aliens.

What do you think
edit on 7-7-2014 by uninfluenced because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: uninfluenced

2012 did a lot for me personally.

Don't equate the ET hypothesis with UFOlogy. There is much more to UFOs than that which the ET hypothsis can encompass.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

So you totally ignore the entire history of the UFO phenomena and the many subsequent coverups and official denials of the phenomena and conclude in your wisdom that, "Shucks, there is nothing happening today for me to get excited about UFOs.

(I guess your high school is out for the summer?)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
UFOlogy is not dead. It does suffer from a very poor perception by the general public. This is due to such hoaxes referenced here, and to the "weirdo" factor, which makes the study of UFOs suffer as a result.

It also means the counter-intelligence is doing a "good job" in keeping the truth suppressed from the masses. The truth is that UFOs are very real, and no matter what your hypothesis as to their origin, they are absolutely real objects that are apparently intelligently controlled, as such they are worthy of study. Governments know this, act as such, but tell us otherwise.

It was great to see the recent disclosure by the Chilean government. NO (with emphasis), Ufology is most certainly not dead. It is too real. It's been here forever and isn't going anywhere.
edit on 7-7-2014 by Jchristopher5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Wake me up when there's something new to report... That's probably the main thought amongst everyone. We've all seen all the vids and pics, read the reports, got drenched in abduction cases and still the world keeps spinning with its continuous stream of the same kind of vids/pics/reports/documents/theories. There's everyday's usual stuff for people to focus on to keep their lives on track...

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: uninfluenced
Now there is absolutlly nothing,

There really is zilch happening, and the longer this huge lull period carries on,

Has there ever been a period like this in modern times where there is just nothing.

I honestly think that the 20 december 2012 which came to nothing, for me has killed most peoples interest in ufos/ aliens/ ancient aliens.

What do you think

Its said the calm occurs before the storm
OUTTA BOX-

In this case the however maybe the sightings are sliming down more because SOME who were not present ARE now and so some cannot interact as much as they may once have before others returned.

(if that universal law to not interfere with developing species exist GOT to wonder who initiated it in the first place and why) especially if its followed

Maybe its almost time for the large presentations soon. Got to remember some activities alter the entire global outlooks on reality and behaviors so when/if the time happens everything changes and the old world can be missed if the NEW isn't well placed...

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

OBSERVATION-n-OPINION: Simple-Censorship

Star-n-Flag

edit on 7-7-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I'm sorry I tried to read this but kept getting distracted by your avatar, I can't stop laughing. What coach is that?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shepard64
I'm sorry I tried to read this but kept getting distracted by your avatar, I can't stop laughing. What coach is that?

oh it was the costa rica manager

they were minutes away from the ending losing at 0-1 down
their striker had a great chance at saving the game and JUST MISSED

he was so shocked he fell backwards

right click download save it to desktop its clearer and bigger there
edit on 7-7-2014 by uninfluenced because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I think what killed Ufology was the ufo-conference scammers that have taken ufology, mixed it with new-age hoopla and then charge you $100 to attend their "lectures".

These scammers are trying to make a living off of it and since there are very few new developments in the field, they just lie and make stuff up.

To the OP: Your avatar is hilarious....and distracting.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

You've equated nothing interesting you to nothing happening.

Maybe it's time for you to move on to other subjects for awhile.

But, needless to say, there's lots of stuff happening.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

No, there has never been a time in the 70 year history of American UFOology that has been like this.

We are going through a heavy deconstructive period that will cover everything from Maury Island on forward. All the apple carts will be kicked over; all will be revealed.

Roswell is handled; the target is Rick Doty. He goes down? It's all over.

I would rec that everyone that has the power to do so focus like a laser on Doty's story; something'll snap.

He's sittin' like a fat little tick waiting to be popped.

There are no aliens, only stories. Focus on the assholes that spin and foster the stories.

P.S. UFOlogy is not dead.

People's ability to discuss it in a productive manner, on the other hand, is dead.

Don't be fooled: we as human beings do not entertain narratives for 70 years unless they are taking us somewhere.

The process that we are now entering in to is going to reveal why these stories are important and why we keep them around.

It's an engineering project.

edit on 7-7-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

What 2012 hoax are you referring to?

Is it the Mayan calendar 'we're all gonna die' hoax, or the project blue beam 'holographic alien invasion' hoax? you need to be more specific.

But to answer your question, no. Not every UFO sighting is uploaded to youtube or reddit or whatever. On many occasions it's just field work and reports, and there can be thousands of those every year. Just because you haven't read about it doesn't mean nothing has happened.

And FYI, MUFON is not the only UFO organization out there, it's just the most recognized. If you dig a little deeper you'll probably find local chapters of UFO researchers who get reports of sightings all the time, but don't expect it to be as exciting as it's made out to be.

edit on 7-7-2014 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

If it is a deconstruction period then its working

ive gone from a big enthusiast and believer to fast loosing interest in the entire topic

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
I think what killed Ufology was the ufo-conference scammers that have taken ufology, mixed it with new-age hoopla and then charge you $100 to attend their "lectures".

These scammers are trying to make a living off of it and since there are very few new developments in the field, they just lie and make stuff up.

But was ufology really anything more than that in the first place? Before the internet became mainstream these scammers where making a fortune as they were the only source of info in the subject. Coincidentally this was also the golden age of ufo sightings. Its no coincidence that since the internet has gone mainstream there have been almost no important sightings.

The US government also had a hand in creating the myth, i urge everyone to see the docu called 'mirage men'.

edit on 7-7-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD

But was ufology really anything more than that in the first place? Before the internet became mainstream these scammers where making a fortune as they were the only source of info in the subject. Coincidentally this was also the golden age of ufo sightings. Its no coincidence that since the internet has gone mainstream there have been almost no important sightings.

The US government also had a hand in creating the myth, i urge everyone to see the docu called 'mirage men'.

Wait, what? The ancient mystery source of UFOs and related paranormal phenomena co-created the space-age and its mythology of science-fiction and superhero comics. We write it, and it writes us.

Chalking it all up to scammers is far, far too easy.

www.amazon.com...

edit on 730MondayuAmerica/ChicagoJuluMondayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: uninfluenced

originally posted by: Shepard64

oh it was the costa rica manager

they were minutes away from the ending losing at 0-1 down
their striker had a great chance at saving the game and JUST MISSED

he was so shocked he fell backwards

right click download save it to desktop its clearer and bigger there

His name is Alejandro Sabella - the manager of Argentina.

Sabella

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

Scammers , sci-fi and various governments who used the myth to cover their own black projects. Go watch the video 'mirage men'.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD

What is an "important sighting"?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I've seen one. Who gives a crap?

Ufology is like the pet rock. Everybody wants one until everyone starts selling them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join