It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone Flew a Remote Control Drone into a Firework Show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Firework Show + Drone

Mods: Wasnt sure where to post this please move it if need be.

Happy Independence Day! Even tho I dont think we live in a Free country anymore.....

Enjoy what technology brings us with the video!

edit on 4-7-2014 by Onion88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Really wish people would stop with the "drone" buzzword. It was a remote controlled helicopter more than likely.

Anyway, that was pretty cool.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Very cool.
I've often wondered what it would look like from that angle.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
That is pretty awesome looking!

You still have the freedom to express how you feel about our country, so you still have more than some folks do. I understand what you're saying though, but hold out hope. We haven't completely failed yet.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Azdraik

Agreed. Drone this, drone that. It was a hobby plane-remote controlled. And the helicopter version with video camera included can be bought for $99 bucks about...by anyone.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

But really, what's the difference between a radio-controlled model plane and a drone?

I ask as a once-enthusiastic schoolboy aero-modeller myself.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
POINTS!
Awesome
Nice shots
even more fun if your the pilot and you got shot down, would be worth it!
Thank you Drone pilot...aka...hobby enthusiest

BTW
Drone privacy laws, if you can see it from anywhere outside your home (say your in a highrise building across from another highrise building, or you have a big backyard and private planes can fly over) if we can see you from outside your walls, we can see you. Period
Works for the gov, should work for us Civis
X

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

My point is when did we start referring to hobby model aircraft as all being "drones"?
This small model-toy-hobby-anyone can buy helicopter comes with a video cam and sell for $27.00

It might be "droning" but its hardly a real "drone" in the newest interpretation of the word.

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

that was really neat seeing the fireworks from that angle...thanks for sharing!

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Onion88

That was incredible!

S&F

Thanks for that

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Onion88

S&F!

Wow! That was truly profound!

I had deep raw emotions bubbling up to the surface and fantastic picturesque thoughts crossing my mind ... all beyond my mere attempts to be able to communicate what transpired for me!

I was amazed that the 'drone' lasted that long in that extreme environment!

And I particularly liked the part where the footage was played in reverse!

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Does it matter what it was called? The idea is genius and the results awesome, thank you for posting.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I had deep raw emotions bubbling up to the surface and fantastic picturesque thoughts crossing my mind ... all beyond my mere attempts to be able to communicate what transpired for me!

I was amazed that the 'drone' lasted that long in that extreme environment!

Your in the cockpit of a bomber flying over Europe in July 1943. Triple A fire rises to greet you.

This case a little less potent.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
how did it not get hit

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
That is pretty awesome looking!

You still have the freedom to express how you feel about our country, so you still have more than some folks do. I understand what you're saying though, but hold out hope. We haven't completely failed yet.

You are right. Even tho we can see this right diminishing. Have you ever talked to people who protest Abortion or Meat eaters, they often end up in jail for there actions against a popular belief.

We must hold out hope, the night is darkest just before morning. I think we are almost at the darkest hour.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Brings back memories from when i was a TIE fighter pilot.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Mura44

Does it matter what it was called?

Of course it does. There are laws that apply to drones, and ones that apply to 'model aircraft'. They are different.

Anyway, could someone who does know the answer please respond to my question?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Without resorting to looking up stuff on Google ... I would suggest that the term 'drone' implies a certain level of autonomy [i.e. autopilot], far more endurance [i.e. loiter time] and finally the ability to transmit sensory data to a 2nd party [i.e. intelligence gathering].

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Now if someone could just fly one of those over that Bohemian Grove meeting the big wigs have once a year or whenever, that would be something...possibly getting to "see" what all the big secrecy is about...but then, I'm sure that area is a no fly zone during that time and done in the dark of night and would be hard to see much maybe but who knows? When it is guarded and no "proper authorities" or other investigative types are allowed in side...gotta give one pause for thought. Drone/model, whatever...would be great to be put to some real important use.

The fireworks and video was nice tho...the guy helped us get our mind off of some of the crap of the world for a bit with that spectacular view and video. Was nice...I give him credit for the effort. We could all use such as that from time to time to try and lift our spirits and it is food for the spirit/mind/body/soul.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
if you can fly it beyond visible range using the camera and a monitor to pilot it, its a drone and comes under a range of rules, regulations and laws in the US. The pilot of a model plane must remain in visible contact with the model to fly it.

Judging by the distance covered during the video, and it being at night, I would suggest that the pilot was using the camera and a monitor to fly the item, making it a drone.

In the UK its different again and both would be classed as model planes.

new topics

top topics

join