It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO: Ebola a Sub-regional Crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
From VOA

As of June 23, there have been 635 confirmed Ebola cases and 399 deaths.
The WHO reported the Ebola outbreak in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone is “the largest in terms of the number of cases and deaths, as well as the geographic spread of the disease.”

WHO spokesman Dan Epstein said, “It’s a big challenge for the three countries because it’s in rural areas. It’s spread across borders. It’s also been seen in a city. And it’s raised severe concern because it’s being transmitted in the community, and it has been seen to be transmitted in health care settings.”

Two observations here.
the first it that WHO is going out of it's way to call this a ""Sub-regional Crisis""

they make it sound like it's contained to just this small part of Africa, but it's not.

But What I found most intriguing was this part.

“You cannot hide a person who has Ebola. And that’s what people have been trying to do. If they see someone who’s sick, they’re afraid.

I can understand what would probably happen if your neighbors found out you had someone with Ebola in your house---why they'd burn it down and hopefully with you not in it at the time. But by hiding these sick persons they are helping to spread the virus. Little wonder they haven't been able to get a handle on this latest outbreak.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
It's very frightening. All the world needs is one person or two flying out of the affected area and coming to a main airport. Ebola would spread FAST. I'm personally terrified.

I'm shocked this isn't blowing up on ATS yet! I guess people don't think about it while it's still 'far away'.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

I live in London and just the other night, 2 doors from me (where a Nigerian family live) the man of the house was coughing pretty badly for a good few hours... didn't just sound like a normal cough either, it was more like a very bad flu type coughing with elements of sickness!

it kept me awake for a while and I thought about what I had read on ATS about this disease... I was like damn, what if he had it? I was going through the day, who had been in and out of his house? You know if he had it, it would have spread to a few other people who were in and out of his house that day. Anyway, I closed up my windows for sure.

Yeah, it is a scary thought but he just has some dodgy smokers cough... I think.

Anyways, I hope they can contain this outbreak in those parts of Africa! We have a lot of people coming and going from African Nations. Personally, I think all those who travel close to that area shouldn't be allowed back until all checks have been confirmed.
edit on CDTFri, 27 Jun 2014 18:35:58 -05000000003006x158x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
as long as it dosent go airborn im cool ... if it dose im going for the hillls ... desert for me lets see someone with anything get to me in the dessert ... things like a virus dont make it long in the hot dry heat or even cold dry well its just to dry

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Your response shows just how irresponsible the OP was to start this scaremongering thread.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

The Ebola virus is only spread through contact with bodily fluids. Most of the infections appearing away from the origin are because someone came in contact while caring for a sick person and then traveling to other towns or adjacent countries. The only good thing about this is that the virus kills quickly after a couple of weeks of incubation.
So even though this has been the biggest flare up of the disease, it will burn itself out.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

As of June 27,

www.commondreams.org...

Immediate action is needed to contain the deadly Ebola virus outbreak in West Africa, World Health Organization (WHO) officials warned Wednesday. At least 600 cases and 390 deaths in Sierra Leone, Liberia, and Guinea have been reported since the epidemic began in March.

"There is an urgent need to intensify response efforts," Dr. Luis Sambo, WHO regional director for Africa, said this week. WHO and Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) have sent teams of relief workers to affected countries.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarra1833
....I'm shocked this isn't blowing up on ATS yet!(

I posted the thread Ebola Epidemic Could Become Global Crisis on March 30, 2014, and have been updating it since.

If you want to know why the story isn't "blowing up," check out the last post: The headlines tell the tale. HINT: WHO killed the story back in February/March and now, they're doing it again. ...The World Health Organization (WHO) should be renamed - World Organization to Protect the Global Economy Through Media Manipulation (WOPGETMM).

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarra1833
It's very frightening. All the world needs is one person or two flying out of the affected area and coming to a main airport. Ebola would spread FAST. I'm personally terrified.

I'm shocked this isn't blowing up on ATS yet! I guess people don't think about it while it's still 'far away'.

I used to have a buddy who would freak out and think the sky was falling every time he heard stories like this. I finally got sick of hearing it and called him out on it 2 years ago. Guess what the sky did not fall.

Could it happen......YA. But I highly doubt it. Now if you want something to be scared about take a hard look at the world economies and ask yourself can this go on forever.............Now that is scary.

new topics

top topics

join