It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea threatens war on US over Kim Jong-un movie

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Personally, I think they're funnier than Howard Stern.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The movie looks like it was intentionally made to anger another country. It also looks like lowbrow shlock wrapped in a humorless candy shell for the Western folks to foam and bark at. Meanwhile you can feel superior and laugh at such things as world leaders being assassinated and American Terrorism at the hands of our overlords. Be indoctrinated my lovelies.

Sorry folks, but this movie is propaganda. Let the TV stir you up and get you howling for blood. You fall for it every time.

Every single fricken time.

Brainwashing Americans is like taking candy from brain dead children...

So rush out and watch this double-edge insult of a movie (Insult to Korea, and insult to Americans) and enjoy it like the savages Hollywood hopes you have become.

the second i saw a trailer for this movie I flipped the screen the finger and spit on everyone involved in creating this blatant piece of war welcoming propaganda.

MM
edit on 26-6-2014 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: oblvion

originally posted by: FraternitasSaturni

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
If there is one thing Baby Boy Un is good at, it's throwing a temper tantrum.

What a vile, disgusting, little individual. I am not sure his threats will cause folks to fear his retaliation or not. At this point nothing would surprise me.

"Temper tantrum"? Well I find this a totally unnecessary direct provocation.

How many movies are out there that the objective is to assassinate and at the same time to ridicule a nation's leader / president currently in office especially using his own name, and also ridicules the whole nation along with it?

I've seen that being made with dead and former presidents, but never with presidents currently in office.

You dont see that being made to france, italy, or england... and HEAVEN FORBID you do that with someone from the middle east because you know how they react to cartoons, so if hollywood would pull a stunt like that with someone from the middle east, they would find a way to burn "hollywood" to the ground and probably kill, maim and behead a few americans related and unrelated to the movie, inside the US and abroad.

So... why do that to North Korea? Using his real name? Totally disrespectful.

Its a totally unnecessary provocation - I dont think its an act of war of course, but it should be treated as a diplomatic incident. I dont care how crazy little kim is, but the movie should be cancelled and formal apologies should be issued - at least.

Man I just have to point out here, you are being rediculous, he is not a president, they are elected in actual honest and fair elections, ones where you dont have a gun to you and your kids heads in the voting booth.

This guy is a bad as hitler or stalin or mao at least.

How many north koreans starved to death last year because of this guy?

How many were worked to death in a "labor camp" by which I mean a slave labor until you die of starvation camp.

Dont defend this POS, he deserves to be lampooned in all media all the time.

All he has to do not to be the butt of every joke is stop being a POS.

It really is that simple.

Was this the PM of England? No , do you know why, he isnt a POS anywhere close to this scale.

How about obama? Nopers, you know why? Even emperor obama wouldnt dream in his worst case of idiocy doing half as much in 8 years to the people as this douche does in 8 days.

Just talking to someone supporting like you have makes me feel dirty, now I need a shower.

Oh no! Not personal attacks!

Grow up dude... and hope f%&%$n babylonia doesnt fall on ya.
edit on 27-6-2014 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Mask
The movie looks like it was intentionally made to anger another country. It also looks like lowbrow shlock wrapped in a humorless candy shell for the Western folks to foam and bark at. Meanwhile you can feel superior and laugh at such things as world leaders being assassinated and American Terrorism at the hands of our overlords. Be indoctrinated my lovelies.

Sorry folks, but this movie is propaganda. Let the TV stir you up and get you howling for blood. You fall for it every time.

Every single fricken time.

Brainwashing Americans is like taking candy from brain dead children...

So rush out and watch this double-edge insult of a movie (Insult to Korea, and insult to Americans) and enjoy it like the savages Hollywood hopes you have become.

the second i saw a trailer for this movie I flipped the screen the finger and spit on everyone involved in creating this blatant piece of war welcoming propaganda.

MM

Oh Siffy, please tell me it isn't so?!?!? Next thing you'll be saying is we should all go "Camping" together.

A couple points I need to get clear.

One, it's Seth Rogan not Oliver Stone, exactly how High Brow do you think it's gonna get??

Two, exactly what movie out there isn't propaganda in some form??? Also, this is Satire. You want real propaganda try watching "Black Hawk Down", "Red Dawn", "Sniper", "Platoon", "Zero Dark Thirty", "Jarhead", etc. Hell even Independence Day and any other movie that shows the American Government acting out of some altruistic "For the People" BS, which is pretty much all of them. All of them, Propaganda. (BTW, I enjoyed all of those movies.)

Three, so what if it's making fun of some leader somewhere??? Ever seen Naked Gun??? Dr. Strangelove, Catch 22, MASH??? They are men, no better than any other, unless of course you want to buy in to the Divine Right of Kings and Royalty and I don't think you're the type.

Last, you've made a name for yourself being a top player at one of modern day's most powerful propaganda tool, the first person shooter military combat video game!!! Complete with authentic weapons and suburban combat environments. What do you think that is preparing the next generation for??? Who do you think produces those games???

Seriously man, I'm a fan and don't mean any offense by saying this, but when I read what you wrote I wanted to unzip your head and dig out the crazy with a pair of salad spoons!!! I'm not saying that what you said was wrong exactly, but the fact that it was you saying it and in the way you said it really red, white and blew big donkey balls!! But maybe I didn't understand or something, I don't know. I'm just trying to make sure that Siff hasn't gone Soft.

edit on 27-6-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Then, according to you every movie is propaganda, therefore this discussion is pointless.

Since every superhero we know is american and all western movie culture we're used to is based on hollywood, then its all propaganda...

So basically to you, Hollywood is to the US, what riefenstahl was to germany.

Like I said... this is pointless.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: FraternitasSaturni

Ok, maybe I went a little overboard but basically yeah. Propaganda isn't classified as fictional however, even though that is exactly what it is. But it's supposed to be seen as true for it to be effective. This is satire though and not meant to be taken seriously in the first place. The fact that Kim is pissed just shows his insecurity anyway which isn't a good trait for a Godlike Ruler if you ask me. But that's a different story anyway.

Personally I don't really care about this movie or how Kim feels about it either. I'm more concerned with Mr. Mask (Siff) being of sound mind, that's all.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
To clarify when your the LEADER you do your best to set examples or should so its not wise to 1 subjectively to set bad behavioral examples to follow. Some share well maybe the US should do this or respond like that due to ignorance dished out from NK to US. But as one of the leading dominos do you act like the dominos following or set the example and LEAD...

So yes this movie all be it entertainment for some due to its assassination plot on a EA*RTH gov. leader 1 felt was way off balance. ( tapping ) into the collective consciousness of that region their upset & aggressive tones displayed are in response to the ignorance within this entertainment program.

Is 1 saying that UNs oppressive activity displayed upon some of his people (who are weakened) by some of his oppressive acts as done elsewhere detected on EA*RTH by other leaders, is acceptable no not at all...

What 1 is saying is again if your in the LEAD you set the examples to be followed and you don't stoop down to behaviors of others acting ignorantly due to them being potentially ignorant because it just makes more ignorance grown.

Last its been received- as of now not to interfere in these EA*RTH global entertainments agendas, so 1 is not attempting to offset the time/money invested by the actors-producers into this entertainment program (it wont be ingested into my personal conscious database however).

What caused 1z intra into this OP initially was to try to explain why a being such as UN would send out aggressive tones of WAR due to the ignorance within this movie as well as question the intents to fan a existent flame that has potential to burn, nothing more? Not to condone ANY land mass overseer activity who has made it to be overseer status but yet may be about Service To Self (STS) and not care for who they oversee. So please "any" don't place judgments upon the as 1 does not any for your feelings towards any or personal behaviors for I am no JUDGE nor JURY... And where your energies Attract to physically as well as metaphysically is based on the strength of your WILLS.
All 1 is granted to do is LIGHT* some paths I follow W/ SPARKS that may be near dark paths others may be on & not see or know as to guide/help STO. It is ultimately up to you to acknowledge the attempt to help or not and walk your paths chosen.

NAMASTE*******
edit on 6/27/14 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

I like you because you care.

About WHAT, I have absolutely no idea.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrDesolate

I like you because you care.

About WHAT, I have absolutely no idea.

your SPECIES
& mine thanks

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Fair enough. My best to all on your home planet.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

How many other leaders in hte world have been killed in movies? I remember Saddam Hussein in Hot Shots catches a bomb dropped from above.

It's not just the North Korean leader, it's the North Korean LEADERS. Getting rid of Kim Jong-un won't solve the problem without dealing with hte rest. He was a young person indoctrinated into their system of cruelty. He studied abroad and was ushered back home and thrust into a military academy. If he hadn't already broken, he broke at that point.

Goes back to the communists in mother russia warring in Korea and the Japanese warring there too. After WW2, the US took over in the south. This has been going on for a coupe hundred years. I think China had hte longest influence, until Japan bulled their way in and 'annexed' Korea.
edit on 27-6-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrDesolate

Fair enough. My best to all on your home planet.

EA*RTH is my home planet
Im not an ET I think
unless humans are not alone. Soul/Spirit/Internal Energy wise WE ALL* come from the same home.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Within the collective in that region is strong traditional influence. Its not easy to tap into and try to send vibrations of peace, but it is however felt that some there wish things were not as so they are especially those in the camps and hard working labors as well as some you may not consider in their poli-tary areas of influence. its just none want to take first potentially deadly steps which is understood due to fear of being looked upon as traders to the tradition.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Oh noes, we are going to get hit by those imaginary inter-continental ballistic missiles that can reach the US. Give me a break. If North Korea ever launched any kind of attack, it would without a doubt be across the South Korean border. And you know what would happen? They would make some pretty good headway. At least for a while. But then their country would be bombed back into the Stone Age. What's this? I'm getting word that North Korea is in fact still in the Stone Age. Disregard. Honestly I feel bad for the people. But I have no sympathy whatsoever for the North Korean government. Although I do imagine that there are some people within the government itself who are good people. They just are not allowed to express their own opinions. Someone should explain to Mr. Jong Un that here in America we sort of have these things called "rights," including a right to sometimes say what we want when it is okay with the government. You know what, we are not so different, lol.

Even with the decline of rights in America things are not so bad when compared with a country like the DPRK. The most democratic thing about the country is that they are called a Democratic Peoples' Republic. But the US has also learned what North Korea already knows...That as long as you tell the people they are free and have rights, you will fool some of them. All the North Korean people care about is the fact that they are starving. People don't give two craps about the government when they are starving. So if you think about it, only those who are doing well have the luxury of criticism. But that is not entirely true either, as the French Revolution, the Bolshevik Revolution, etc, are all counter-examples. I suppose I don't know what I'm talking about half the time. But I am probably right half the time as well. Not bad.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

its as if you almost critiqued my thinking

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
This dude is like an Internet keyboard warrior with nuclear weapons

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: FraternitasSaturni
Then, according to you every movie is propaganda, therefore this discussion is pointless.

Since every superhero we know is american and all western movie culture we're used to is based on hollywood, then its all propaganda...

So basically to you, Hollywood is to the US, what riefenstahl was to germany.

Like I said... this is pointless.

So what exactly is YOUR point?

Do you honestly believe that the Empire’s vast array of bread and circus has NO hidden agenda behind it?

Practically all of the movie lots are owned and controlled by the same people who own all of the radio and TV channels, newspapers, and magazines.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
i say turn about is fair play! look at what they are saying about us!! OMG!!

edit on 3048276630am2014 by tsingtao because: (no reason given)

edit on 3044286630am2014 by tsingtao because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join