It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Job California!!! Get the money out of Politics!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

In other words, why try???

Seems to me like that is the attitude that got us here in the first place. Maybe if people would have tried a bit harder in the past it wouldn't be too impossible to fix now.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

In other words, why try???

I couldn't have said it better. I tried too hard, I guess.

Seems to me like that is the attitude that got us here in the first place.

What got us here in the first place was thinking it was possible to have institutions of authority that would not naturally attract the worst people in the world to their offices.

Ironically, you hit the nail on the head with your first line.

The fundamental mistake that people make (and have always made) is the belief that human beings were meant to be civilized, live in peace and harmony and be governed by other people. All of these things are so patently false that it's amazing people can go on believing it all when evidence to the contrary hits them right in the face every day of their lives.

It IS pointless to try. This whole thing is something that was just never meant to be. You create an office of power and you try to put limits on it. As they say, rules are made to be broken. You wouldn't have to make them in the first place if people didn't inherently want to break them.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Out of curiosity have you ever read anything by Lysander Spooner??? He was IMO one of the truest when it came to the idea of "Natural Law". I think he's right up your alley!!

This is one of my favorite of his works. Vices are not Crimes. Check it out sometime, I think you'll like it.

Vices are not Crimes

<< 1   >>

join