It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more gold lights for the queen Earth.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Posted below are the lyrics to a track done by musical artists the Deftones. The common interpretation of this song is one of sensuality, and being artfully inclined myself I fully understand that any work of art is not constrained by one perspective. That being said I can not help but notice that the message in these lyrics and its implications are being lost. There is a prediction here of things to come and how they will come and why. Here are the lyrics:

No more gold lights for the queen earth to keep you warm in your kingdoms
High on the waves you make for us
But not since you left have the waves come
The bar is dead and the rocket's rain is keeping you wet in your deathbed
so high on the waves you made for us
And not since you left have the waves come... have the waves come...

First off are these "gold lights" that keep us "warm" in our "kingdoms". The picture presented to me in this first line is of the dark side of the earth illuminated by the golden lights of our cities, like jewels or a crown laced across the planet. The earth being a protecting matriarchal symbol, and mankind being her fragile children, and together they exist in a kingdom protected by human advancement and ingenuity. Even though this may all seem like prosperity there is a hopeless and sad tone to the song. The lyrics reiterate this by stating that this prosperity is lost and that there are no more gold lights. Something has happened to make the lights disappear.

Next we hear of the "waves" we have been "high" on. We often think of a high as being drug induced, but we must instead look at the "high" being referred to in the song not as a state of bliss, but instead as a state of hypnotic assurance. The "waves" referred to are the conflicts, the ups and downs of life, both personally and socially. We often think of conflict and negativity as a malicious implication, but negativity is necessary, it is the balance to all the positive things. Without negativity, positivity would hold no weight. These waves are what make life worth living, and that is the "high" being mentioned in the song, it is the high of being alive.

So who made the waves? Well the answer is human spirituality, the god that we have formulated in our collective mind. Without god we have no waves, therefore we have no life. Without our spirituality and the formation of the soul god cannot exist. So in our lack of spiritual belief we are actually dissipating god, the same god that gives us our waves and golden lights. Since god has left "no waves have come" both on a personal level and a social level. Basically we have been over desensitized and when god leaves us we have no more feeling or "high" of being alive.

The "bar is dead" and the "rocket's rain". Well the bar is only dead when it cannot be raised, this is referring to the end of human advancement, when we lose all of our power. When the lights go off we will no longer be able to raise the technological bar. Now the "rocket's rain is keeping you wet on your deathbed" could mean two things, either nuclear fallout or the chemicals from rocket propellant. The main chemical in rocket propellant, LOX, is very comparable to rain in that it is Liquid OXygen.
In either of these circumstances this "rocket's rain" seems to prolong our lives and prevent us from metaphorically drying out. Some king of radioactive mutation possibly?

The scary thing about this song is that it is being sung in the past tense, as if our high's are wearing off and the spirit that provided the waves has already left. It seems we are already doomed, and the prediction is simply illuminating the inevitable. For those thinking that maybe I looked into this a little too much, I disagree on the belief that there is something deeper to this song. I do not know why but I have been driven to this group as of late, and when I heard this song I immediately confirmed my suspicions that there was something prophetic to their nature.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Paul is dead...

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
The Golden Light is the light of Power/Confidence. The White Light is the Light of Unity/Love.

join