It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norwegian professors believe Snowden should get the Nobel Peace Prize

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This is the same country that treats their criminals to day spa like prisons...

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
They gave it to Obama and the two of them are pretty much in the same class so why not?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Other than pointing out spying, I don't see how he has given the world peace. Well, neither did Obama.

These Nobel Prices are nothing but rubbish

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I think Nobel was somewhat remorseful about his past and created the Nobel Prize. He probably never imagined any creation of his own being destructive and deadly toward other people. I also think Snowden revealed something that many knew, but only needed the kickstart to confirm it, that the US government was conducting a war against its own people. If anybody deserved the prize, I can't imagine why Snowden wouldn't. Giving the Nobel for any reason to Obama is an insult to the extreme. It would be a breath of fresh air to see somebody who actually sacrificed something for the good of other people to get it.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
readyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy aimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm fireeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

reload

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

I thought it was insulting that Obama won it...like seriously what the hell did he do?

I don't think Snowden deserves it either because he hasn't brought any peace to the world.

Give it to someone who actually deserves it before you loose credibility...oops too late.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Evanzsayz

I feel he has done a monumental thing in the overall picture. If sheer transparency was in every government, they have absolutely no choice but to work for their people. After all, they're supposed to be public servants.

Imagine if we had a government that actually worked for the people, and only the people. What a crazy theory that is...
edit on 24-6-2014 by 0bservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bservant

Yeah I wish we could have one. People are too greedy though.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
a reply to: pheonix358

"Perhaps with the state of the planet, they should give it a miss for a while."

A truer statement I haven't heard the like of in a while.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

Agreed! If there is no one worthy of giving it to...don't give it. It cheapens the award and lowers our standards. And our standards are low enough as it is.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

My sentiments exactly. After Obama, I view the whole NPP as a joke. I'm in Norway, and I can guarantee you the only reason he got it is because he was the first black president. That's how politically correct Norway is and they wanted in on the action. Let's face it, he's done nothing to deserve it.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
No, not the Nobel Peace Prize. The Nobel Freedom Prize though, if there were such a thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join