It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazi post stamps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
wow.

My girlfriend got this from her grandfather as he passed away and she showed me a full album of these.

just took some random out to show.

anyone knowes what year they are from ect?

worth anything??

all the best.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
would it help to say they're from 33 to 45?

(well... I wouldnt put my faith on the last one tho lol)

regarding money has to have "deutsches reich" or "reichsmark" - that means everything german, nazi or not until 1945-maybe in certain items 48

of course the swastika is always highly collectible! It really depends... I dont really know much about stamps.
edit on 15-6-2014 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The first 2 are from 1938. Not sure on the third one.....they are used and not in " mint " condition...so probably around $5. Each. ...you can google them ...., try the website. "allstamps.net" for an idea of year,value, and information....then you should take them to a coin and stamp dealer /professional for advice. Don't sell them to that person because they'll under cut you.but just ask their opinion....if you have some that end up being a lot.....make sure they are insured.
edit on 15-6-2014 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: FraternitasSaturni

thanks for the input.

Looks like I have to dig deeper.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

much appriciated.

Will do for sure.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: yeahsurexxx
a reply to: Meldionne1

much appriciated.

Will do for sure.

update...

the 3rd stamp is an allied occupation stamp of 1947 - they were made with 4 values, 1, 2, 3 and 5 marks

Thats why you have the dove and the hands releasing it and all...

hope it helps.

BUT...

remember, collector's items are not worth because of their actual worth, but what they're are worth for the right collector - so, if you're thinking on selling them, search really well first, because something thats worth nothing could be a gold mine to right person.

hope the info was worth it on the 3rd stamp tho

edit on 15-6-2014 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: FraternitasSaturni

much appriciated my friend!

Just gotta dig through the other 2000+ stamps.

Will update this topic when done.

thanks alot/Y

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
By no means am I a stamp collector but i can but search...

#1 is worth just under a euro:
www.satura-shop.de...
It is most likely from 1934.

#2 is just under a dollar:
www.allstamp.net...
It is from 1935 and according to the site "highlights the massive party congress in Nuremberg. It shows the Nuremberg city outline with the party symbol, a giant stylized eagle and swastika."

#3 is just under a pound:
www.ebay.co.uk...
It is from the time of the 1947 occupation and i think it is one of the very first post WW2 German stamps.

An interesting collection in just these 3 which highlights the change of hope, pride and nationalism that was invested by a nation to the nazi party with the end result of a nation begging for peace whilst it feels shackled.

As you have some early stamps try looking for the first few on this page:
www.allstamp.net...
-used but still around 20 dollars each.

Of course in a whole collection they are sometimes worth much more than when they are alone

+ if you have thousands and they all average out to a dollar each..... well you get the picture.
edit on 1562014 by DodgyDawg because: (no reason given)

edit on 1562014 by DodgyDawg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DodgyDawg

At least two of these three are badly creased and effectively worthless.

German stamps of this era are very plentiful and mostly worth a few pennies each.

Don't be fooled by catalogue values: 1,000 stamps catalogued at 25c each are not worth $250 in total. It would be more like $25, if you could even get anyone to take them off your hands. Low-value stamps are catalogued with a "handling fee", not the actual worth.

That said, enjoy them for the historical value, not for any financial worth. An interesting period in history to be sure.

(Check out the "inflation stamps" from the 1920s with insanely high face values: www.hobbizine.com... )

top topics

join