It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan TV ‘News Flash’: Officials fear melted reactor fuel is now exposed at Fukushima

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Officials with the operator of the damaged Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant say the water level inside the No.2 reactor’s containment vessel is about half what they had estimated. [...] They found the water was around 30 centimeters [11.8 inches] deep. TEPCO officials [...] say they don’t know whether the fuel is entirely submerged.

Japan TV ‘News Flash’: Officials fear melted reactor fuel is now exposed at Fukushima

www3.nhk.or.jp...

With as little truth as we actually get in these circumstances, the fact they are saying the rods may not be submerged is a scary prospect.

Sure would be nice to get a full complete accurate story one of these days.

I mean... it is worldwide issue.

edit on 11-6-2014 by TwiTcHomatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
The good news is that it sounds like they're going to try to plug the holes and add more water, so at least they're going to do something about it.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Even they don't know what exactly is going on, so it's kind of hard to come up with anything accurate.

At least they are giving out info from what they estimate the situation to be.

I mean... it is worldwide issue.

I don't think so but bad for the area affected incl. the sea around the affected area, and partly for the whole of Japan.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

I don't think so but bad for the area affected incl. the sea around the affected area, and partly for the whole of Japan.

care to back those thoughts up.....?....as far as i knew we in the modern era have never had a nuclear meltdown of this size and right on the coast...so how could we know the long term affects of this disaster and how far it will potentially spread ?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

care to back those thoughts up

I can't as we don't see enough real data yet to make some estimates.

as far as i knew we in the modern era have never had a nuclear meltdown of this size and right on the coast.

No...but we do have Chernobyl to compare with, even though they are different in size and fuel used.

so how could we know the long term effects of this disaster and how far it will potentially spread ?

Unfortunately we will just have to wait and see and use what we know from example Chernobyl.

That's why i said "i think" from the knowledge i/we have on disasters like this.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

I can't as we don't see enough real data yet to make some estimates.

agreed

No...but we do have Chernobyl to compare with, even though they are different in size and fuel used.

yes much larger in size and an enriched fuel not to mention all the waste they have contained (how many spent fuel rods ?)

Unfortunately we will just have to wait and see and use what we know from example Chernobyl. That's why i said "i think" from the knowledge i/we have on disasters like this.

Chernobyl was encased in concrete and no where near the ocean..old Fukushima is splitting at the seams with no viable way of stopping her build up momentum..so fair to say we are in uncharted waters so to speak

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
They have camera's, they have drones, they have cranes, why don't they have photos and footage to show us?

they say a fair amount, but they never show me proof.

I think its a spectacular fail, that will have significant health consequences on the entire worlds population, in due time!
We have no idea or the technological capability to clean it up.

Chernobyl was a fluke and much less a problem, so again, why have Tepco been telling us bullplop since 2011?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
What's worse case at Fukishima? If they just stopped trying to do anything would we all be dead because of it or what would be worst case?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
They have camera's, they have drones, they have cranes, why don't they have photos and footage to show us?

I think its a spectacular fail, that will have significant health consequences on the entire worlds population, in due time!

Chernobyl was a fluke and much less a problem, so again, why have Tepco been telling us bullplop since 2011?

All our best known tech fries in minutes in such an environment.
They have tried using robots at fukushima I think,and they fried before getting close to any melted fuel.
You are correct,its a massive failure-all based on greed and money of course.
Only time will tell how bad this gets.There is no solution it seems.
Depressing or what?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
3 years later and still in meltdown.

There are observed mutations now as a result of Fukushima.

enenews.com... ill-melting-down-theres-melting-happening-in-the

enenews.com... -reported-in-500000-exams-done-before-311-now-its-see

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

The worst case scenario with any nuclear plant is open air fission,,,, and that's a distinct probability at the present time. If something changes the water flow (cough cough ice wall) it could allow whats left of the cores to heat up enough to fission.

Open air fission, such as Chernobyl, is about the worst case scenario.

I did just read a report that states Fukushima has surpassed Chernobyl as far as total output of radioactivity. Wouldn't surprise me much if that's true.

I wouldn't trust Tepco to change out a pile of hot steaming baby poo from a diaper... much less three melted cores.

edit on R332014-06-30T20:33:29-05:00k336Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R352014-06-30T20:35:22-05:00k356Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Mianeye

care to back those thoughts up.....?....as far as i knew we in the modern era have never had a nuclear meltdown of this size and right on the coast...so how could we know the long term affects of this disaster and how far it will potentially spread ?

It does affect the world because Japan exports a lot of items related to food. I used to buy a variety of Japanese ingredients for my cooking. Since the meltdown, I do not. I need more data until I can feel safe and that the EPA can give truthful and meaningful information to the public.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

All our best known tech fries in minutes in such an environment.
They have tried using robots at fukushima I think,and they fried before getting close to any melted fuel.
You are correct,its a massive failure-all based on greed and money of course.
Only time will tell how bad this gets.There is no solution it seems.
Depressing or what?

Sorry, got to throw the bull chit card. We know how to shield equipment and camera's. You bet they have pictures and allot more knowledge than they are telling. Not to mention you can't even mention chernobyl in the same sentence. It was land locked.

The Japanese have dumped thousands upon thousands of radioactive heavy water into the ocean. So much they don't even have any idea what the actual totals are. Directly into the Pacific Ocean.

You are absolutely nuts, out of your mind if you don't think that this will not effect us. These particles have a shelf life of thousands of years and kill any life they come in contact with in time. We get sixty percent of our oxygen from life in the ocean that this radiation is killing.

It is killing many species already. Of course they are calling the die offs from disease. You do not have to search far and you can find ordinary folks on the west coast out with Geiger counters taking alarming readings from dead seals and birds etc.

Of course this will effect us and the world lol.

The Bot

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dlbott

what are going to say,, that 60 million** males are now impotent,,??

not counting females,,

may not be his fault girls.

**("61,613,240")

top topics

join