It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the purest minds also the most dangerous?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I've recently come to the conclusion that purity in today's world may be somewhat of a curse.

Pure intention, pure desires and ways of life are a curse and it seems to me like the purest minds may also be the most dangerous.

Please discuss.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I guess I am with you up to the point where you say the purest minds may also be the most dangerous. Are you referring to pure minds as in most clear minded, thoughtful, logical, and intelligent? Or pure like a child's mind?
edit on 10-6-2014 by Euphem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
I've recently come to the conclusion that purity in today's world may be somewhat of a curse.

Pure intention, pure desires and ways of life are a curse and it seems to me like the purest minds may also be the most dangerous.

Please discuss.

The most dangerous people in the world are those who have knowledge and the passion, are driven my their own intent or agenda and cannot be bought. But that is only dangerous to the PTB. My managing director used to say things like, "Give me a bought man any day, I pay him well and he does what I say, but a man that cannot be bought, you just never know which side he will come down on and that's a risk I am not willing to take."

Just an opinion...

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Another curse? Vagueness.

Can you elaborate, or something?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

please define pure for this particular situation...

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I have to agree with this post. I think that a pure mind is a dangerous thing only to the status quo and those that try to keep it.

That is why there are many people working very hard to keep the world's population dumb and powerless by presenting you with your personal version of the carrot and the stick.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
A pure mind in a super conditioned society is actually a threat to society. When someone can see truth and identify conditioning easily and avoid it they can go down a few different paths. We have to live in the societies we are in and tell little white lies to fit in all the time. It seems to be a prerequisite for being normal. Now you can just avoid researching things and believe what you are told is true and it seems you do fine. Another way is to avoid confrontation or avoidance of these kind of subjects. Most people try to talk small talk instead of being looked at weirdly. Others know that the concerns are possibly real but they also know society.

Not making waves is preferred by most people.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Webster says PURE:not mixed with anything else. : clean and not harmful in any way. I think that studies into the make up of our brain, and hence the working function of the brain, the mind are showing our minds to be a clutter of many thought patterns waiting for activation through association with external stimulus or association with previous thought streams. I can't see how we can figure a pure mind, as in "clean".

However the idea of a mind not mixed with anything else is a mind with one and only one point of view, and hence it is a closed mind.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Euphem

Pure like innocence.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: fedeykin
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I have to agree with this post. I think that a pure mind is a dangerous thing only to the status quo and those that try to keep it.

That is why there are many people working very hard to keep the world's population dumb and powerless by presenting you with your personal version of the carrot and the stick.

Yep, as long as you're dumbed down, forced into a life of indentured servitude and wearing those blinders, the only carrot you are going to see is your hopes for retirement, or maybe those few gadgets in between. I think that's one of the reasons fro religion and love, it distracts you and gives you hope in a vacuum.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The most dangerous people in the world are those who have realized that their lives are merely bubbles in the ocean of time. Those who have realized that the only thing stopping that father from raping his own daughter is his own moral convictions, literally nothing else stands in his way. And if he was smart enough, he could do it and get away with it.

Those people, regardless of religion, who accept that they are only here for so long, and that they are never coming back -- Those who accept death, are the most dangerous of us all. That is why we are taught to fear death, else we might have all dug our civilization into a deep grave.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

All things in moderation, including purity. :p

I have periods of purity, for example when I fast for a religious holiday. I'm preparing for a three day fast on the summer solstice. I'll make the dietary and physical purity a symbol of my spiritual purity.

Then its back to normal. No one can stay ON all the time.

edit on 844Tuesday000000America/ChicagoJun000000TuesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I don't think so OP, for a mind pure of ignorance and deception seeks not to endanger any but may offset those minds that are dangerous and so may be a danger to them based on how they perceive the types of mind in which you speak...

NAMASTE*******
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Not much of an OP...you stated an opinion in a factual manner without much evidence or reasoning behind it. Care to elaborate on why you've come to this conclusion?
edit on 10-6-2014 by parad0x122 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Please discuss.

This is not true. As Jesus said, no good tree can produce evil fruits, nor can evil trees produce good fruits. If a pure minded being commits evil acts and speaks wicked words they are purely wicked, likewise if a pure minded being were to commit good acts and speak peaceful words they are to be known as purely good. It is a thought of ignorance to believe otherwise for it is verifiable that a man is known by his actions and not his words. Take politicians for example; they speak words of peace but their actions are for war and self-serving agendas.

Use your own powerful mind to judge the agenda of others, I promise you will come to understand that you are capable of discerning someone's motives by comparing their words with their actions. If a son asks his father for an apple but his father gives him a rock then it is safe to assume that boys father is wicked.

Immekha ani,

Eric
edit on 10-6-2014 by EviLCHiMP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
To me it doesn't seem as the purest minds are the most powerful it seems opposite. I believe awhile ago thats how it was ambition, good intentions and some persistance used to be able to take anyone anywhere, but in the society we live in I feel like the only way to get anywhere is to be corrupted. But if you mean pure as a godly sense if in the hands of an evil person yes could be very very detrimental to all of us.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

It is a curse. People do not understand you. Then you realize the rejection of you, is all apart of the illusion. I am surprised my wife bares with me.

I am coming to the realization, no matter what you do, you are hopelessly trapped. It is why I asked in a different thread it it can be changed.

I'm giving up hope. Maybe next time?

new topics

top topics

join