It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freed Taliban Commander Tells Relative He'll Fight Americans Again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Story

"After arriving in Qatar, Noorullah Noori kept insisting he would go to Afghanistan and fight American forces there,” a Taliban commander told NBC News via telephone from Afghanistan.

Noori pushed to return to Afghanistan after learning that the U.S. had provided written assurances that no country would arrest any of the five freed for a year as long as they lived peacefully, one of his relatives told NBC News by telephone from Afghanistan.

Did anyone not see this coming? Except for el Presidente. I don't think we should be holding people in Gitmo, or torturing anyone, ever. But we have to make an effort at least.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Most of us would say the same thing if a foreign force occupied our country and indiscriminately dropped bombs; killing innocent women, children and other civilians. What were the Taliban suppose to do; sit there and take it with a smile on their faces?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I dont know about you OP, if there is some intruder in my house, taking my food and my essentials, threatening my family(or worse).. i will beat the sh*t out of him if it is the last thing i do.

Thats goes for military too.
edit on 6/9/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I'm trying to imagine myself in Obama's penny loafers. Assuming his intentions were true, and he really believed that this was a good deal. He wakes up this morning and reads this story. How must he feel? The man is a human being, he must feel something.

I don't know what we expect our POWs to do when they haven't been given the human rights and dignity that we purport ourselves to dispense so freely.
edit on 9-6-2014 by ZeroReady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroReady
I'm trying to imagine myself in Obama's penny loafers. Assuming his intentions were true, and he really believed that this was a good deal.
IF obama thought this was a good idea, and noting bad would come of it, then one would assume he is either mentally ill, or has an IQ in the single digits.

It's obvious there is a 'master plan' in place, and only time will tell what that is. In the mean time, we can all play the guessing game.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
My guess is that NATO needs more fighters in Syria .

"After arriving in Qatar, Noorullah Noori kept insisting he would go to Afghanistan and fight American forces there,” a Taliban commander told NBC News via telephone from Afghanistan.
Isn't Qatar supplying arms and money to the rebels in Syria ?
a reply to: ZeroReady

edit on 9-6-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
If I had watched my friends and family bombed to oblivion then been captured, imprisoned and tortured for 10 years I would sure as hell want some payback too.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

It would not surprise me very much if he had been "tagged" with some type of tracking device.
Also remember the drone program. He may not have been released as much as given a running start.
edit on 9-6-2014 by teamcommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Take a minute and view america from basicaly any other country. Define terrorist from that perspective and what do you get? A nation that invade, steal, rape, kill, destroy and pillage another and then leave. If that is not terrorism than what is? In my eyes the biggest terrorist organisation in this world is america like in the usa.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Ofcourse he is going back to fight...his country was invaded and he has probably lost people close to him.
Most people would, I would...

This is the whole problem.
We create so called terrorists by invading countries and blowing up innocent civilians over and over again, That pisses everybody off and turns the family members into people with rage and revenge on thier mind.
And u cant blame them tbh...

Just a deadly circle.

edit on 9-6-2014 by crazyaussi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: neversaynever

Thats not the definition in the dictionary is it? Anywaythe USneeds to stop funding sauids,and qatar. but wont because of the oil.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I do realize there have not been a lot of replies to this particular posting, but I am mildly amazed at the quality and sanity of those replies.
Ladies and gentlemen, may I commend you for your opinions on this matter.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

The scoprion and the frog comes to mind here...

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Where is proof of this rape? Just because the US is better at everything doesn't make them more of a terrorist. If Al Qaeda was more organized and better equipped they would do a lot more damage.

Also, which countries are you referring to? Are you from all of those countries? Do you know the viewpoint of everyone in those countries?

Stop assuming things, it's bad for you.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

We are at war. Regardless of how you want to term it.

If a combatant is released while we are still at war, then I would expect that person to desire to continue fighting.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Euphem

Where is proof of this rape? Just because the US is better at everything doesn't make them more of a terrorist. If Al Qaeda was more organized and better equipped they would do a lot more damage.

Also, which countries are you referring to? Are you from all of those countries? Do you know the viewpoint of everyone in those countries?

Stop assuming things, it's bad for you.

Proof for rape ? Are you serious ? Where have you been ?

The US is better at everything ? lol I see you're not serious, hilarious overly patriotic empty rhetoric.
The US military/government are and has almost always been, one of the biggest threat to world peace, let's be real here. And Al Qaeda is a western creation, get the facts.

If you're stupid enough to believe that the US start wars to liberate nations, poor you my friend.

Stop embarrassing yourself it's bad for you.
edit on 9-6-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join