It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you use any herbs or ecological food to heal your inner diseases?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AnnieWolf19

I do. I use herbs and vitamins on a daily basis to heal my system as a whole. After arguing for years with regular MDs over antibiotics and other pharmaceuticals I gave up on them and now see a Naturopath who has helped heal me more in the last six months than the entire medical field was able to do for me in my whole life.

I was anemic almost to the point of needing to be hospitalized when I first saw my new doc, and he had that diagnosed and being treated within minutes of me walking into his office. I have graduated from shots to a liquid herbal supplement. He also diagnosed me with celiac disease, which contributes greatly to my low vitamin levels. This is a genetic problem for me, and I have had it my entire life. I really hate being on a lifelong enforced diet some days, but I'm happy to be human again. My life has been literally turned around for the better.

It makes me sad how fast MDs are willing to blow off a natural course in favor of the pharmaceuticals that they so often get perks from the companies to distribute. Good job for wanting to be open to a natural course of treatment!! We did have one family doc who preferred to discuss natural remedies, but he was literally chased out by hospital politics. They told him that he spent too much time talking to his patients. I was grateful for that terrible tendency of his since he counseled and helped my entire family heal after a massive traumatic event. It didn't matter if I was there for a baby checkup or he was pulling a metal fragment from my husband's eye, he was genuinely concerned for us. I'm also grateful to have found our new doc, he fits us well, and the boys love going in there with me.

Sorry for the side rant, this is a very personally important subject to me. I would go get my own training right now if it wasn't for the fact that I'm raising two young boys and traveling for school is out.

My own list of supplements is extensive as there were several issues to deal with to restore my system to total health, but it's working! I take Eluthero root for fixing one aspect of my adrenal function. I take D3, a B complex and a b6 daily as prescribed, along with vitamin c and my multi vitamins by choice. I take sublingual drops for my allergies ( it's been a fairly good year too, I usually can't breathe through the birch pollen) and I have herbal drops to replace my albuterol inhaler for the really bad days, and they work. I also have a tendency to lose my voice completely due to inflammation, my doc has given me yarrow (achillea) drops for a gargle that soothes it. He has even provided me with an herbal alternative to ibuprofen, it is so gentle on my tummy that I can't tell that I have taken it until the pain goes away.

I could continue, but I'm sure you get the picture. I will be an advocate for a natural solution anytime one is available. I understand that there isn't always an option. I also do not mix these treatments with traditional meds with one exception, Benedryl. That is the one that I just can't replace. Always seek a professional opinion as many others have said, just be aware that the professional opinion doesn't have to be a traditional medical doctor. We do have a chance to be HEALTHY, not just symptom free. It takes a bit more work than popping a pill, but it is so worth it to feel your energy and vibrancy restored to you. It is possible, too many people make too much money on keeping people sick. People can make a lot of money treating the same symptoms for most of a lifetime.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
It's detox time for me, and as such I prepare a jasmin, red clover flower and dandelion root herbal tea with freshly squeezed lemon and a touch of pure raw honey. I should take this twice daily, but I choose to do so once daily as I feel much better after one cup. I will continue to drink this tea for perhaps a month (or when I feel great and no longer need to take it), then I will revert to drinking squeezed lemon juice in filtered water now and again.

As well, I more-often-than-not cook veggie laden meals which always include ginger and garlic, which help kill parasites, specifically, the baddies in the gut, while, inbetween, going on a variety of fruit and pure probiotic yogurt eating frenzy for a few weeks. However, I always drink fruit/veggie juices every day, but eating the raw fruit aids in the detox effects.

edit on 11-6-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
As far as herbs go neem leaf powder has been a saviour for me and my kids. It is a natural antibiotic, immune booster, it works against viruses and infections, fever, diarrhea. I use it to clean my teeth instead of fluoride loaded toothpaste. One time my baby had blisters in between his toes from heat, and I sprinkled some of the powder onto them, healed up in a day. It is a bit bitter though, but when taken with honey and lemon it's not so bad.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AnnieWolf19

I use red yeast rice for cholesterol. It's dropped almost by half. The first doctor I saw immediately wanted me on Crestor and I said NO WAY! I literally had to push my way into her office to discuss my results. I'd never had a cholesterol issue before. I did find out my twin had higher cholesterol after she had her son as well. I found a new doc who wasn't so eager to just toss pills down my throat and she suggests herbal remedies for a few things. I take two pills a day and I have no side effects.

I hope this is what you were asking for.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join