It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fighter jets scrambled over Peterborough UK

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Oops an alien ufo has been prowling

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Could this not all be linked to the fact that it's 70th commemoration of D-Day?

They have been going all week and many forces are involved in the celebrations.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

They wouldn't be going supersonic like that if that's what it was for.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
im in whittlesey and i heard it, heard one before so knew what it was, scared the life out of the poor dog!! loved it, shame some folk were moaning about it, i love watching the jets fly over my house.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I think I saw them take off. We were en-route to the great seaside town of Skegness (yes, I say that with sarcasm) and called in at Conningsby to watch a few planes etc and just as we pulled up to the spotter's carpark at the end of the west runway, a Typhoon took off on full burners, followed very closely by another. I thought it a little odd that immediately after take-off they turned towards the south pulling G's!

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Well if they scrambled and had to go supersonic to intercept then my best guess would be they slipped the net

Sounds like the Russians are trying/using something new and succeeding In getting closer without detection

I recently made a thread on here about a very close friend who lives in Newcastle UK, him and his wife witnessed 50 aircraft/contrails headed North East in the direction of Norway none of this was covered on the news

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: slippeddisc

Hi in Whittlesea!!

Sounds like it was heard over a fairly large area.

by the way, do you know what that huge hole was for they dug out a couple of years ago, between McCains and Stanground. They had one of those huge cranes in the hole had to have been 200-300 foot deep.

My guess was drainage

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Could it be linked to the newly 3 US deployed B-52 bombers?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

Interesting you mention B52s - I rented a boat on the Norfolk broads the summer before last, and got talking to a member of staff who was a night porter at a hotel in Wroxham.
He said he had noticed that every weekend (cannot remember whether a Friday or Saturday) two B52 aircraft would fly over his location.
I got the impression he was talking about this happening over at least a timeframe of months.

Not sure where they would have been from...Mildenhall??

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: korkythecat
a reply to: Kuroodo

Interesting you mention B52s - I rented a boat on the Norfolk broads the summer before last, and got talking to a member of staff who was a night porter at a hotel in Wroxham.
He said he had noticed that every weekend (cannot remember whether a Friday or Saturday) two B52 aircraft would fly over his location.
I got the impression he was talking about this happening over at least a timeframe of months.

Not sure where they would have been from...Mildenhall??

Mildenhall is an air refuelling wing. A home for the air to air refuelling tankers. They could of used the base. Mildenhall use to have some great air shows. And also round the corner you have lakenheath which is a fighter wing for the US. The whole area of Norfolk is a hot bed for aircraft

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: korkythecat

hi Korkythe cat! im originally from peterborough, God knows how i ended up here!

a couple of times theres been burst water mains down that area, not sure they would dig that deep for it?

funny you should say that about wroxham, im on a facebook page about ufo's and in little plumstead and around that area they have been hearing a series of bangs, someone said 4 lots of twin "booms". My stepdad lives there, i have to ask him if he's heard anthing.

B52's i would say are at RAF Lakenheath.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
The 52s are being stationed at RAF fairford .. At least 3 arrived at the start of the week. Rumours of 8 being based here for a short period of time as there is a NATO exercise going on

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
We had the Red Arrow Stunt Team performing here in Portsmouth yesterday. Could it be related? I don't know how far the booms would carry. Really spectacular.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
We had the Red Arrow Stunt Team performing here in Portsmouth yesterday. Could it be related? I don't know how far the booms would carry. Really spectacular.

The booms are when the aircraft go supersonic - the red arrows use Hawks, they are not supersonic aircraft, they are however apparently awesome planes to fly, the pilots love em, no fly by wire, real old school seat of your pants they say.

But no supersonic booms from the Red Arrows

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Links no, clues, it's related to the new missiles under development.

Air launched surface missile with RamJet technology…?

PDUK

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
There are tremours/quakes happening all over the world in places that never used to get them. Venezuela witnessed the shoreline drop 4 meters in a matter of hours, then return to normal without incident.

Something is happening down below...

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

don't ask me how, but i got it mixed up with the B2. well, they both start with a 'B'

edit on 27Friday03ppAmerica/Chicago60327 by slippeddisc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Don't worry I wasn't trying to correct you or anything I could be totally wrong, I'm just going on what I use to know. You are better off listening to the pros on here

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Hey guys ...you are quitely being reinforced to get this new cold war up and running ,I'll bet.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: PurpleDog UK

No. Although they do have some damn nice air launched cruise missiles.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join