It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Team Hillary 'Intimidation' in Secret Meeting With New York Times

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Camp Hillary wasn't happy with the New York Times reporting about Hillary. So they had a secret meeting with The Times in Washington DC. Sources familiar with the event say that the meeting was 'intimidation'. Hillary ... capable and strong ... and typical Chicago thuggery political tactics.

Hillary to New York Times: Back Off
Inside the secret summit between Team Hillary and the New York Times

Some of Hillary Clinton’s closest aides blasted the New York Times for what they said was unfair coverage of the former first lady during a recent secret meeting with the paper’s Washington bureau, the Washington Free Beacon has learned.

Sources said the meeting included Clinton advisers Philippe Reines and Huma Abedin, as well as Times Washington bureau chief Carolyn Ryan and national political reporter Amy Chozick, who has been on the Clinton beat for the paper.

During the closed-door gathering, Clinton aides reportedly griped about the paper’s coverage of the potential 2016 candidate, arguing that Clinton has left public office and not be subjected to harsh scrutiny, according to a source familiar with the discussions.

So since she is now out of office, they think she shouldn't be subjected to harsh scrutiny? Really? She should get a free pass and not be vetted like all other 2016 potential candidates?

edit on 6/5/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Hillary Clinton needs to be blasted about bengazi at any and every event she attends until she gives up some answers. And if she uses the bump on the head as her forgetting about it then she isn't fit for office anyway.
edit on 5050000006 by JHumm because: to add the last comment

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I never like these types of articles that reference having 'sources' but can't disclose who they are.

I'm not a Hilary Clinton fan, but the actual substance (none) in this piece means you can really just believe whatever you want. It could have been a lie, it could have been intimidation, it could have been an off the cuff comment, a joke even, or a legitimate attempt at controlling the media, but you know that's what political parties pay politicians to do - to run around controlling the media.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Pinke
I have no doubt that Team Hillary is very capable of doing this, and is very well practiced in the art of political intimidation.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

She should get a free pass and not be vetted like all other 2016 potential candidates?

If Hillary is vetted like Obama was....
She has no worries.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
If Hillary is vetted like Obama was.... She has no worries.

Very true. He was given a free pass on everything. And those that brought legitimate issues to the forefront were called 'racist' for doing so. I suppose with Hillary, anyone pointing things out will be misogynistic or something.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Tim Russert before his heart attack, is on congressional record saying he would be given exclusive access to Bush administration officials as long as he hyped an unnecessary war in Afghanistan and Iraq. Let's not forget that as well.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
What qualifies her as presidential material?

Her marriage?
Her short senate time?
Her failure as Secretary?

An even broader question.

What qualities do we need in a president?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Honesty

Integrity

Someone who takes an oath to the GD piece of paper that isn't just lip service.

Someone who puts DUTY above party.

Someone who puts Honor above party.

Someone who puts country above ALL ELSE.

But that is a person we will never get.

We get the CLinton's.

We get the people like the current guy.

We get exactly the opposite of what this country needs.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Well, well, well another arrogant politicians that think they are entitle to privacy, maybe somebody should tell the hag that as a political figure running for candidacy she has not privacy.

Now can somebody ask her about Benghazi.

I will be very disappointed on anybody that dare to even thing of giving their vote to the hag.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

In this day and time only an alien from another planet with no ties to anything and anybody in earth will do just fine.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Honesty

Integrity

Someone who takes an oath to the GD piece of paper that isn't just lip service.

Someone who puts DUTY above party.

Someone who puts Honor above party.

Someone who puts country above ALL ELSE.

But that is a person we will never get.

We get the CLinton's.

We get the people like the current guy.

We get exactly the opposite of what this country needs.

And we get Reagan's and offspring of Prescott Bush who did business with Nazis...after the Kennedys were killed by our own government do you expect a savior in the oval office?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
That meeting probably lasted much longer than was necessary. The article said Huma Abedin was there. She should have just threatened to give the Times' staff cell phone numbers to her husband.

None but the completely ignorant Democrat voter can deny the probably veracity of this claim. It is SPOP… Standard Progressive Operating Procedure. Intimidate everyone into compliance.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I think that's called "Liberal Fascism".

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

and typical Chicago thuggery political tactics.

Hillary has zero connection to Chicago.

So this statement is just illogical and makes no sense.

And this isn't an uncommon thing with political campaigns, they all do it...just that some are more effective than others. Just sounds like sour grapes that Hillary actually has the influence to do this and others don't.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Surprised they didn't go after the tabloid news papers that you see in the grocery store check out area.

Lots of unflattering pics of her, with headlines screaming "HILLARY HAS BRAIN DAMAGE!!!"

Personally I don't see how that's news. I thought everyone knew: all politicians have brain damage. I think it's a requirement.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Hillary has zero connection to Chicago.

You might want to read Hillary Clinton's biography.
Her birthplace.....?
Chicago, Illinois.
edit on bu302014-06-06T04:31:18-05:0004America/ChicagoFri, 06 Jun 2014 04:31:18 -05004u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
What Business do politicians have at newspapers? If I were a politician I would never consider trying to get a newspaper to say one thing or another about me. I`d try to earn my respect, not enforce it.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

dbl post
edit on th30140204938706092014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

...During the closed-door gathering, Clinton aides reportedly griped about the paper’s coverage of the potential 2016 candidate, arguing that Clinton has left public office and not be subjected to harsh scrutiny, according to a source familiar with the discussions - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

just a Pow wow... the Clinton team trying to have the beat reporters do nothing more than Fluff reporting on or about Her

Their reasoning might be...after all she is not directly running or endorsing anything connected to the November 2014 Midterm election

but if she endorses or puts her political nose in the midterm campaigns... then 'harsh scrutiny' should be the order-of-the-day and put sunshine on all her machinations, private & political

edit on th30140204928106082014 by St Udio because: tags

Maybe this news that she is taking blood thinners is one of the things the election team & Hillary Aides want out of the loop
www.newsmax.com... mp;utm_medium=nmwidget&utm_campaign=widgetphase1
edit on th30140205050706282014 by St Udio because: add on article

top topics

<<   2 >>

join