It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 100 indicted in Harlem in largest-ever NYC gang bust

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
(Reuters) - More than 100 suspected gang members who have turned two Harlem housing projects into a "war zone" have been charged with a string of violent crimes in the largest gang indictment in New York City history, authorities said Wednesday.

Cops doing what they should be doing, Law Enforcement.

I laugh at this, Criminals telling the world what they are doing via social media, get a brain.

Over four years, prosecutors and police investigators combed more than a million social media pages and analyzed more than 40,000 calls made from prison as they built the case, Vance's office said.

Some 500 New York City police officers descended on the two housing projects early Wednesday.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
For years I have been saying that gang membership is a conspiracy to commit crime. That is why you join a gang to commit crime. Why can't all gang members be rounded up and charged with conspiracy? These guys are not Shriners, Knights of Columbus, or other worthwhile fraternal organizations. They are criminals flaunting their criminality.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: groingrinder

The police are gangs too. So are greek letter organizations.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: keenasbro

Round them up all you want, chances are they are young teens and will get out when they hit 21...juvenile detention or commitment to any juvenile agency is not effective simply because you do not have enough time to work with the client and to engage his family to help them to start making the right decisions and the other reason is as soon as they get out they are going right back into the life they know...

Do I think they should be locked up...of course but this is such a temporary piece of addressing a much broader issue...

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I bet it was like the first of the original Dawn Of The Dead.
Exterminate them all.
With extreme prejudice.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace

I bet it was like the first of the original Dawn Of The Dead.
Exterminate them all.
With extreme prejudice.

Thats seems just a little harsh for the youth of America. Could we at least give them a fair trial before the introducing them to the dark thoughts that flow through your head? Then I am for the extreme prejudice part.
Of course televised as the new reality TV show.

new topics

top topics

join