It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Theory of Theories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This made sense to a few people I know, so I hope it does here:

The Theory of Theories

1. Nothing is true except the Theory of Theories
2. Everything else is a theory because not everything can be proved, ergo it is neither true nor untrue, but still both true and untrue all at the same time.

See, this simply states that both nothing is true and nothing is false, except the Theory of Theories, which is true.

[edit on 30-11-2004 by invader_chris]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
See? And they say marijuana should be legalized...
...sheesh!

Okay, okay, before I get a "one-line" warning: it's a nice theory. Kind of along the veins of the "we create our own reality" theory, or the "I'm in a coma and you're all imaginary people in my dream-world/We're all in the Matrix" theory.

Also rings an "Uncertainty Principle" bell.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
First: I'm not on drugs.

You see, I, along with countless others, thought of the possiblity of those theories you mentioned, but I have never heard of a theory similar to mine before so I decided to post it.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Sorry, my post came across in the wrong way. I was just having a little joke with the mj thing, admittedly at your expense. My bad.

Your theory is a further extension of the theories I mentioned. For all you know you could be a brain in a jar hooked up to a neurone stimulator in a manufactured-reality experiment.

top topics

join