It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Book "UFO Phenomena and the Behavioral Scientist" (edited by Richard Haines) - PDF online

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Dr Richard Haines is one of the leaders of NARCAP, i.e. the National Aviation Reporting Center on Anomalous Phenomena), which was founded to “to establish a completely confidential reporting center for pilots, radar operators, and air traffic controllers using a toll-free phone number and by other means”.

Dr Haines can be seen discussing pilot reports in various videos on Youtube, including the one below:

Richard Haines is a veteran UFO researcher, discussed in a number of UFO books:
www.isaackoi.com...

Back in 1979, Richard Haines edited a book entitled "UFO Phenomena and the Behavioral Scientist" which contains articles by various leading researchers which "study the eyewitnesses themselves or the social context in which the sighting takes place". Authors include Dr Haines himself, R Leo Sprinkle, Michael Persinger, Berthold Eric Schwarz and others. I'll embed the table of contents and a couple of sample pages below.

With the kind permission of Dr Haines this book is now available to download from the link below.
app.box.com...

(I have been in touch with the publishers of the book, Scarecrow Press, and checked that the rights in relation to this commercially published book have reverted to Richard Haines. The publishers kindly responded to my enquiry within 24 hours, which may encourage me to seek to make freely available online other out-of-print UFO books that were commercially published some time ago - if this would be of interest to others).

edit on 30-5-2014 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I like and have been quite impressed with Dr. Haines comments as they pertain to pilot sightings of, and ufo's in general. I was not aware he was with NASA though. I believe he had comments in at least 2 programs the Science Channel recently ran called " The Unexplained Files." One of these programs dealt with an Aussie pilot who had an encounter with a ufo near Melbourne, back in the late 1970's. One of the pilots last comments were " this is not an aircraft." The pilot was never seen or heard from again. Dr. Haines had in his possession, some minutes on tape of the actual sounds from the pilots aircraft before he was last heard from again, and the sound heard and described was of a "metallic nature" type of sound. It sent the hair on the back of my neck up. It was suggested the ufo may have latched onto the plane, and its very possible the pilot was abducted.
edit on 30pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091
One of these programs dealt with an Aussie pilot who had an encounter with a ufo near Melbourne, back in the late 1970's. One of the pilots last comments were " this is not an aircraft."

As you may know, that would have been the Valentich disappearance in 1978.

I gave a number of links and documents in relation to that incident in Section J of a thread about Australian UFO files I uploaded as searchable PDFs.

This sighting has been covered in various UFO documentaries, including this one:

His disappearance also is covered in the footage in the videos below (made available by Diane of AUFORN)

This incident came fifth in an online poll conducted in March/April 2006 by Paul Kimball of “the UFO case with the ‘best evidence’ ever”. As part of a survey of various researchers of the “most evidential” UFO case, British ufologists Robert Rosamond and John Spencer produced a joint response which discussed this incident. This incident is Case 35 in my Top 100 article based on frequency of discussion in UFO books, since this case was referred to in 62 of the books covered by that article.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: IsaacKoi

originally posted by: data5091
One of these programs dealt with an Aussie pilot who had an encounter with a ufo near Melbourne, back in the late 1970's. One of the pilots last comments were " this is not an aircraft."

As you may know, that would have been the Valentich disappearance in 1978.

I gave a number of links and documents in relation to that incident in Section J of a thread about Australian UFO files I uploaded as searchable PDFs.

This sighting has been covered in various UFO documentaries, including this one:

His disappearance also is covered in the footage in the videos below (made available by Diane of AUFORN)

This incident came fifth in an online poll conducted in March/April 2006 by Paul Kimball of “the UFO case with the ‘best evidence’ ever”. As part of a survey of various researchers of the “most evidential” UFO case, British ufologists Robert Rosamond and John Spencer produced a joint response which discussed this incident. This incident is Case 35 in my Top 100 article based on frequency of discussion in UFO books, since this case was referred to in 62 of the books covered by that article.

Yes, indeed. Thanks for the additional posts.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi

Your Threads are the Accademy of the Ufology, IsaacKoi!

"The Valentich Case" is one of the most convincing.
S&f.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Arken

Your Threads are the Accademy of the Ufology, IsaacKoi!

And your threads are the Academy of the Ufology as well, Arken! Just include a few more rocks than Isaac throws out there.

You both bring the goods, and most appreciate it.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Thanks, Isaac, this is a book I had been looking for. I'm very encouraged about the cooperation you received from the publisher and author, and hope that it will lead to other successes.
Congratulations and thanks again!

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I hadn't heard of this book before. Looks fantastic! thanks for sharing.

join