It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of Hurricane Season, but wait what's that???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Today officially marks the end of the US Hurricane Season. As a Floridian let me say, I am glad it is over. 4 major hurricanes hitting Florida in one year was extremely stressful and hurtful to my pocketbook, but I do have comfort in knowing I am even more prepared for next year's season.

But even as hurricane season ends today, something is brewing in the Atlantic, hopefully it's not OTTO

End of hurricane season could be marked by a new storm
Aptly symbolizing this harrowing and historic year of hurricanes, a named storm appeared to be forming in the distant Atlantic Ocean today -- the last day of the official six-month season.

Forecasters at the National Hurricane Center in West Miami-Dade County said an area of disturbed weather about 800 miles east of Bermuda continued to acquire tropical characteristics overnight and thunderstorm activity became more concentrated near the center.

''If this trend continues, subtropical or tropical storm advisories may be issued later this morning,'' the hurricane center said. ``In the meantime, marine interests should monitor this gale center.''

now if I only win the lottery and build my "dome home" everything will be alright.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I guess this is the storm they are watching:

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
let's hope that one stays far away from the US coastline and just spins itself out in the Atlantic. I've already packed away my hurricane supplies and have x-mas stuff out, it just can't happen.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Hey!!! My birthday (today) is supposed to be the END of the season... What's mother nature trying to pull on us Floridians???

Hey, the election wasn't OUR fault this time!!!

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
One December 1st hits, that's the official end. So, it's cool. We still have a day left

Last year one (Tropical Storm Peter) formed December 7th - rare, but not unheard of. Last year was different though, Ana formed April 20th....but the start of the hurricane season isn't until June first.
Early start, late finish.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Hurricanes have been documented in every month of the year. They are more common June - November, which is why the season runs during those months.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Well, it's official....Otto is a Tropical Storm, and currently gaining strength....

Here's a link to the Hurricane Center....

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

top topics

join