It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the MSM miss the mass Monsanto protests?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
All over a few facebook groups I am in all I saw was pictures of people protesting in various parts of the world, from USA to South Africa and Europe to South America. I have not seen one piece of information about these protests on any of the news channels I watch. I know the MSM is usually BS but I still watch before bed for an hour or so just to see what they are spinning but haven't seen a peep about a world wide protest against GMO's? Of all the irrelevant stories of little importance I see being covered why couldn't they at least mention it? I could be wrong and might of missed it and that's why I am posting here to see what other members have to say about it?

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Whatever makes them money, I'd say. Ukraine is money, 15 dollars an hour at McDonalds is money, and mass shooting are money. They don't worry about things like Monsanto and GMO.

Some did though. rt.com...

With anti-GMO rallies having taken place in around 400 cities across the globe it’s still hard to estimate how many people participated in the event. Last year over 2 million people in 436 cities in 52 countries worldwide marched against the largest producer of genetically engineered seeds.

Kind of hard to miss though.
edit on 26-5-2014 by RealLife because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Slickinfinity

I found 182 related news articles on google just now.

All I typed in was Monsanto protests.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk

Believe he meant specifically on television. I don't know many that read anymore when you can see it on the good ol tv.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: RealLife

Why would anyone waste their time watching that garbage anyway?

TV news I mean.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I agree TV news is pretty much biased garbage, as one station is right or another left leaning but I do know that a great majority of people still watch the news and it just really surprised me I haven't seen anything on TV news about these protests. You can find plenty online and through other means but it just seems fishy to me MSM has ignored the issue and the only time I've seen GMO's talked about was pieces about how safe they are and outright smears to the anti GMO crowd.

Weather or not GMO's or safe is one thing but one has to acknowledge that Monsanto is huge and has a lot of influence as well as lawyers out the wazoo. They lobby governments and continue to acquire vast portions of the world's food supply so I really do think its in their best interest to keep people misinformed.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
"Did the MSM miss the mass Monsanto protests? "

I think they "missed" the protests on purpose.

All we see is short-time parroting from local and "off MSM" sources.

The GMO lobby is strong enough to lobby the media.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Because Mr Monsanto owns the television companies.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I've seen Man cow talking about it. although one wouldn't really associate his show with the normal news.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I did my part: Sweden Gothenburg protest against GMO 24:th

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk

He said MSM(stands for main stream media..aka CNN/FOX/MSNBC). Good to know you can google though.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

The majority of people still get their news from those garbage TV sources so it matters in controlling public opinion on subjects. I agree it is garbage, but it plays a major role in what issues the population cares about.

new topics

top topics

join