It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I not eat something that kills ants ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Uh oh, don't let Monsanto catch you spreading that information around. The only thing that kills ants is Monsanto chemicals, you know that. Now go back to watching TV and eating your HFCS "peanut butter" and jelly sandwich.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Use regular olive oil or the light olive oil. The extra virgin part is actually a toxic addition to get rid of the stuff from killing all the land where olive oil is produced. Spread it out all over the world and just poison everyone a little. The old Italians didn't eat that crap, it is a misconception that it is good for you. Everything has a little good to it, but sometimes the bad is way worse than the good they tell us about.

That is complete garbage. EVOO is simply a more strict classification for olive oil, there is absolutely no addition to EVOO to make it such.

Do you even have a source for such a BS statement?

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: skunkape23

Here is one article. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

This is something I just found and it is about cooking with olive oil. Now, the plant defense chemicals are present in the extra virgin more than the virgin, because of the way it is processed. These are made by the plant to control overbrowsing of the fruit.

The information that has been coming out on this subject is lop sided, It is a fad. Too much extra virgin olive oil is not good for anyone, yet it seems like they are pushing people to put it on everything. In moderation it will not hurt us, but over a tablespoon a day is not such a good idea. Actually, we should not be consuming much of any plant based oils unless a few generations of our ancestors did. Back two thousand years ago, Olive oil was mostly used to put on the skin....that is what I get from reading history. It was also used occasionally as a medicine. Yet they say it was consumed all the time back then....I think that is a sales pitch.

EVOO is just the first pressing of the olives. A first run if you will. If there is something bad on the plants then it's likely the first pressing would have more of it.

Squeeze some fresh orange juice. That's your EVOO.

Now run your orange rinds through a juicer. That's your other stuff (simplified obviously)

Your telling me it's a good idea to throw away first pressing for some random reason? What do you think they are spraying on olives that would be making it's way into the olive oil?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: James1982

This is the kind of stuff I study. Identifying the chemistry of common foods and cross reactivities. They adjust the color of the extra virgin to make a consistent product using some of the leftovers. Now the really good olive oil uses the best of the best olives where the consistancy is good, the commercial stuff here in the US is utilizing the addition to moderate the oil. You have to get deep into the production process of comercial olive oils to find this out. I ran into an article while researching ecological impact of the process a few years ago. I can't remember the specifics, just the basics.

Even consistency is critical in working with the taste of a product. This practice is utilized throughout the food industry. You want it always to taste the same when you buy a product, but taste varies between the raw products. Consistency usually brings a higher price. Olive's have different properties depending on growing conditions as do all veggies produced.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Amazing sources of healthy fats.

It should be taken cold to persevere health benefits.

Poor little ants just got clogged up with the stuff that's all, now in the event of aspartame, GMO and even margarine; when all of these 'products' have been tested with ant's they stay the # AWAY and always eat the natural, mother nature's homebrew instead.

Aspartame they even went as far as covering it and warning other ants away from the stuff.
Very clever

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join