It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would Religious Prophets of the past such as Moses, Jesus, Mohammed, & Buddha think of Today ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: DarknStormy
Jesus will not be on the side of Modern Day Israel or the United States or even Europe.

... and you think Jesus would back countries that stone people to death ?? Really?
John 8:7 Jesus: "Let any one of you without sin cast the first stone at her"

... and you think Jesus would back countries that deny His passion, death and Resurrection? Countries that basically call Jesus a liar? Really?

I'm not seeing it going down that way at all.

Never read the bible huh? What is supposed to be done to an unruly child? They are to be stoned. And in your own words Jesus wouldn't back Israel they still make fun of him on tv shows for kids.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: dollukka
Did you saw the videolink Flyersfan posted? if not why? Do you usually watch what is posted in replies at all or do you just choose to be blind ?.

He stated on another thread that he doesn't read or watch anything that a Christian posts that exposes his Muslim religion. .
I dont watch videos from christian sources for the same reason that christians dont watch videos from non christian sources.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
All these religions were successful in that they had a civilizing influence in world history. They all, even Buddhism, had missteps. If someone had preached the perfect solution to 21st century problems 1500 years ago, it would have been pointless. All these prophet's teachings helped man grow at the stage of development that we were at back then. Buddha, helped break ideas of the caste system and preached cause and effect and skepticism. Abraham brought forth monotheism that also gave spiritual access to the whole Jewish society and not just the rulers. Jesus taught love and compassion. The historical record is pretty muddy as far as the last two, so I am only naming the least controversial aspects (vs gnosticism etc..) Islam was a huge civilizing force that taught people to read, collected and synthesized Greek and East Asian philosophy and science, and created one of the first great exchange of cultures on a semi global level. This in turn influenced the Judea-Christian world, by reinserting these newly synthesized classics and original thought, and brought about the West's own evolution. As philosophy and science outgrew some of this heritage, the modern world has continued with philosophers such as Hegel, Nietzsche, Heidegger, and Derrida into a break down of language and idea, that mimics certain devices of Islamic Sufis, Buddhist logicians, Jewish Kabbalist's, and Christian Mystics... Of course, the difference is that the modern philosophers don't posit a positive God force beyond this break down of language and logic as the the Mystics due, except for the Buddhists who don't even approach the question that way.

So yes. The Religions were extremely successful. They gave us the modern world by promoting culture and literacy, and preserving the classics of human thought. They created some of the largest exchanges of ideas historically. Also, In Islam, there was actually a rationalist movement in the first few centuries. Also, Aisha herself led an army into battle. Islam has actually become more closed in the last many centuries. It's civilizing ethics were pretty important at a time when female children were killed, some superstitions included human sacrifice etc...

Now the 21st century, the Buddhists are the only ones who are taking answering and understanding the modern world seriously. Except for small pockets, generally Christians and Muslims want to pretend that the modern world with its science and philosophy does not exist. Judaism on the other hand, existing as much as culture as spirituality side steps the issue. You can be a scientist and go to synagogue and there is no pressure to have to reconcile the two philosophically, since it is an extension of culture and respect for ancestry.
edit on 27-5-2014 by AudioOne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: sk0rpi0n

So basicly its pointless have any real conversation then and all you post is only a propaganda.
I do watch non christian sources too and the video you posted i have allready seen before you posted it. There is a big difference in how people in different religious beliefs approach these matters, some live in complete denial of seeing the other side of the coin when others are more curious what the other side of coin is about and make their decisions what they believe is right, its not something pretaught its about using your own brains to make that decisions ( we have brains for a reason.. its to use them ) .

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Never read the bible huh?

Read it more than you, apparently.

And in your own words Jesus wouldn't back Israel they still make fun of him on tv shows for kids.

Yes, yes, we get it. All evil is spawned from Israel according to your posts ... The POINT is that Jesus disapproved of stoning a person to death, and he disapproved of the death penalty, so obviously Jesus isn't going to come back and be a side kick to some imaginary 12 Imam Mahadi Muslim. Jesus wouldn't support Islam.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: sk0rpi0n
I dont watch videos from christian sources ...

You are afraid of truth and you are here to try to get Christians to turn Muslim. Just here to preach and not to have conversations. THAT is why you won't watch or read the educational postings presented.

BOTTOM LINE ....

Jesus wouldn't support Islam. It's totally against his teachings.

Jesus wouldn't approve of a lot going on in organized Christianity. However, the fact is that Christianity IS His Church, so He'd support it after he cleaned up what was wrong in it.

Judaism? Again, He'd approve of some of it but He wouldn't support it because it rejected His teachings.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AudioOne

nice you have reached to this point that humanity have grown gradually. But you say modern world ! Are you living on Mars. In this so called modern world, millions are starving to death, While humanity has a science to prevent it. Large companies make wars between people in rich countries to reach cheaper sources. What you call it modernism has over 150 million victims and it is still growing. A corrupted minority is governing the world. Injustice, Immorality, Ignorance, ......
This is not the goal of creation. This is because humanity has forgotten the candidate of God. This is because humanity thinks he can manage the world without divine connections to God. No matter what their religion is. They have altered the religions and misuse them again for their egos.

When they return, wisdom of humanity will glorify, science will glorify, justice will glorify, ......
Like the governing of Solomon. Governing of servants of God. Those who God has elected them. And humanity has accepted them.

Someday humanity reaches to this point that this can not continue without the great souls whom God has introduced to humanity.

This is predicted in all beliefs even Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, Islam, Christianity, The Messiahs will come.
All the religions quit the Servants of God and they continued their religions according to their egos, just for the power and wealth.
But this tragedy will end. When humanity becomes disappointed from it's own management of the world. When the candidate of God returns.

edit on 27-5-2014 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2014 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: maes2

Yes, I did not mean the term "modern world" as a utopian perfection of what came before. I mean it more as what it usually means in modern philosophy. Modernity is a simultaneous crisis of identity brought about the supreme awareness of our plurality, our internal dissonance, both our power and powerlessness, like never before. On that note, most people hadn't caught up to 18nth century thinking, let alone 21st century thinking. (And I am not saying I have caught up either, but I am aware of the gap.)
The modern age has an emphasis on reflection that is believed to have never came before. Before, some were aware, some were not, as we moved through old paradigms, maybe sensitive to the suffering of others but often not. In the modern age we look in horror at suffering, wars, hypocrisy, our own psyche, our own split personalities, our relationship with the other, our ability to create, our schizophrenia amid a thousand paradigms that come back to haunt our consciousness. At the same time we are drunk on our euphoria to create, to split atoms, to create our own freedom, to expand our vanity into a virtual universe, to travel into space, to break things down in a thousand different levels.
It is our evolution. For all of its bad, its suffering, it is both an evolution of wider destruction and wider peace. It is simply the extremity of everything we have been before, and in order to truly look it into the eye, we have to take in everything, including modern philosophy. I believe in God and study religions as well, but I also see how so often they shun from entering into this debate.
We are no better or worse then we were before. Ghengis Khan annihilated whole cities and tribes. Slavery, death, malice is no larger part of our world then it was in the past, we just have more people to kill because of the population explosion.
Maybe the predicted will come, maybe it won't. Regardless, I want to take it all in to understand what world we really live in and do what I can. The old paradigms need o take a long hard look into the broken circus mirror of modernity, because they are all missing something with their answers. They all want some sort of regression to simpler times. But that is impossible. Maybe that is why Islam doesn't answer the philosophers nor plurality in its exposition to utopia. Why Christianity doesn't answer the suffering of others with true empathy (in the USA) or The Will To Power in its exposition. I consider them all real, but all running from answering Marx, Freud, Nietzsche, Hiedegger, Derrida, Foucault, and each other. And this comes from a believer.
edit: and we got here by moving past thing like slavery and the divine right of kings..
edit on 27-5-2014 by AudioOne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Where in the bible does it actually say that??
edit on 27-5-2014 by Mysealedfate because: Messed up

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   

and we got here by moving past thing like slavery and the divine right of kings..

Did we really? Are you sure? Seems to me the world goes from one form of slavery to another - And the divine right of kings has been replaced the divine right of money. Has anything really changed?

edit on 31-5-2014 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView

and we got here by moving past thing like slavery and the divine right of kings..

Did we really? Are you sure? Seems to me the world goes from one form of slavery to another - And the divine right of kings has been replaced the divine right of money. Has anything really changed?

This is because divine right of servants of God is discarded. People favor their corrupted politicians or clerics than for example a servant of God like Jesus or for example Mahdi !!!

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

Yes! I am quite positive! I know the world is still corrupt and there still is slavery in some countries, and the world has its own mental slavery. Often people get tied up in their emotions, look at the poverty in third world countries, the poverty in the USA and the corruption of corporations, and from all that emotion want to equate the past to now. I feel your emotion! But the historical facts is that we no longer have a HUGE Atlantic Slave trade were Africans die chained to the boat if it sinks. Then they are erased of culture, beaten, raped, and made to work all day in the fields. And of course, every race was game for the slave trade at one point. Slavs were often captured from Poland, but what was done to the Africans was a special kind of evil. Kings can no longer (in the Western World) decide to just burn a city to the ground, to go rape all the woman they want, kill any of the men they want. Terrible things still happen, but the relative (tentative and uncertain) stability of the West, the call for democratic government that curtails the power of leaders, and the spread of media for outcries when powers are abused is a recent phenomenon. So yes, I am a slave to the dollar, but I don't have welts that cover the whole of my back, do you?
edit on 1-6-2014 by AudioOne because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join